VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Whew - finally caught up. It has been a while and ya'll have been busy. Loving the pics and all the great news about upcoming retirement and the fantastic health news!

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. Ours was quiet but nice. Our youngest was home from Austin. We haven't seen her since August and really missed her.

Now Ian and I are trying to decide if we want to do something for our anniversary in 2020. Tossing around another just us WDW trip or maybe a Disney cruise. We can get a 6 night cruise leaving from Galveston with a navigator veranda for probably less than it would cost us (total with transportation to Florida from Texas) if we went to WDW. We can't really decide for sure until March or April - so just tossing around ideas now.

Well I have a dog begging to be let out and I need to get back to work. Hugs to my groupie family. Please keep the pics coming.

Whew - finally caught up. It has been a while and ya'll have been busy. Loving the pics and all the great news about upcoming retirement and the fantastic health news!

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. Ours was quiet but nice. Our youngest was home from Austin. We haven't seen her since August and really missed her.

Now Ian and I are trying to decide if we want to do something for our anniversary in 2020. Tossing around another just us WDW trip or maybe a Disney cruise. We can get a 6 night cruise leaving from Galveston with a navigator veranda for probably less than it would cost us (total with transportation to Florida from Texas) if we went to WDW. We can't really decide for sure until March or April - so just tossing around ideas now.

Well I have a dog begging to be let out and I need to get back to work. Hugs to my groupie family. Please keep the pics coming.
For the money, I'd go with DCL. Service is exemplary. Food quality is better overall. Service is topnotch. Entertainment is wonderful. Cast members are superb, and did I mention the service is fantastic? You likely have been on a cruise, so I may be preaching to the choir, but we've found our cruises to be a better experience than our park trips for the most part.

We aren't cruise people, so for our 30th anniversary last year we did a San Francisco - Aulani - Disneyland trip that was a lot of fun for the two of us. Just tossing out an alternative if you are looking for a non-WDW trip. A cruise sounds like a great way to celebrate the anniversary though. Decisions, decisions! :)

Last edited:

We are cruise people, and would pick the DCL Cruise for sure! The three production shows are worth seeing.
Happy planning!

Getting excited here. I adjusted my stay... saw a VWL (BR) room open up through the mouse's hotel system, but it didn't show on the DVC side. Hmmm... so tempting, but at over $400 a night :scared: Instead I found a little room in Jambo near my boys. Hopefully the one with club service can bring an occasional cappuccino down to his mom. :) Praying I don't end up with a bad view (they have a few walled up ones) as I live to sit out on the balcony and enjoy the morning wherever I stay.

Younger son is leaving here Friday morning with his girlfriend. First born son will be driving in on Saturday with his wife ... a 10 hour drive. Yikes! How many of you drive in?

I have to get my driver's license renewed before Saturday or they're not allowing me on the plane. LOL.

Looking forward to some seeing the holiday lights in Animal Kingdom :)

4D5DAE0D-9A42-4D95-9E8F-D5F4D5464EA2.jpeg247EB993-87FE-4EAA-B82C-DCF152446383.jpegB9C8B8AE-654F-48FC-BE0B-A9DBFF8BF711.jpeg39D970DE-D414-4BCC-8DDA-A9A59BD04A7F.jpegF53D6BA2-8D30-43E6-B614-BC242930F2EB.jpegDVC tasting with some random shots afterwards
Granny
Crowds have been manageable for sure
Avg. I would say. We tend to go by tourist plans and it’s usually a good indicator of which park which day to go too

Our meet at TL was awesome last night
Starwind had to cut out before we could get this shot
so here we are in all our glory
Wilderness dad is front and center with his DW Toni and DS Jesse too his right
Dana Corinne’s DH is just behind Jesse
CaptD Casey is our DS and next to him is me, Jimmy, Tammy aka TammyNC is next to me and Corinne is next to Tammy
425029C0-A92A-45A9-88CB-5058AD6A7845.jpeg

Last edited:
From Jimmy...

AK Tree

View attachment 456714

and Everest...

View attachment 456715

Jimmy...how are the crowds at the parks? Your pictures seem to show that they aren't too heavy?

🎅
Wilderness dad is front and center with his dw Toni and ds Jesse too his right
Dana Corinne’s dh is just behind Jesse
CaptD Casey is our ds next to him is me Jimmy, Tammy aka TammyNC is next to me and Corinne is next to Tammy
View attachment 456726
Sorry for 2nd post had to correct autocorrect🤣

Last edited:
Jimmy...loving your sunset photos of Magic Kingdom and Seven Seas Lagoon! Glad to hear the crowds are manageable. :thumbsup2

And what a great looking group! WDad, I think you win the best sweater award for the night! 🎅

And Corinne...I think that table location looks familiar for Groupie meets! :)

Wilderness dad is front and center with his dew Toni and do Jesse too his right
Dana Corinne’s dh is just behind Jesse
CaptD Casey is our ds next to him is me Jimmy, Tammy aka TammyNC is next to me and Corinne is next to Tammy
View attachment 456726
My eyes are closed....and I only had one glass of wine! Hahaha! Such a great time!

Jimmy...loving your sunset photos of Magic Kingdom and Seven Seas Lagoon! Glad to hear the crowds are manageable. :thumbsup2

And what a great looking group! WDad, I think you win the best sweater award for the night! 🎅

And Corinne...I think that table location looks familiar for Groupie meets! :)

Yes, Granny! I said that to Dana as we were walking in! Kristy was our server again as well!

We met up with my cousin’s DD from back home who is a FT CM at MK
We had a great day catching up with her and asking questions about her experiences here
We saw Corinne and Dana at The Plaza! Hope we can see them and others at WL as our move to CCV is in process as I write this.
And that’s Yee Haw Bob at the bottom. He plays free shows at River Roost Lounge at POR and is real hoot
E611BE48-CD79-451C-8B08-CE92BC7ECA9C.jpeg89318319-CCEB-4AD7-9C00-3F66C0B44544.jpegA2C6B5E7-0B3B-41A7-AAC1-6786C6D1EB21.jpegCA002B42-8D19-45B0-A7C2-0E8D57C5A2C3.jpeg9F142520-A99B-44BE-825C-3F2C356D78D2.jpeg

3F5D45C1-8879-402F-9E82-C0256CA4F857.jpeg
Enjoying a libation and some brisket at one of my favorite watering holes
We are waiting on our DD, DSIL and Grandson to arrive at our beloved Lodge
Plane is almost here!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter