VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Hi Julie! :wave2: Can't really offer any advice for your trip, but wanted to just let you know that DizniDi & I say "Hi".

Hi Rich! Di is the only one I've actually caught up with over 2019. A happy accident! So glad my car thought "call Devin" meant "call Diane Dillon". :laughing:

Julie! So gad to see you, I hope all is well.

I have just an average sized contract I have to be creative to make it work as everyone wants their own bed these days. To stretch my points I book double studios for the kids and I. I still prefer longer or more trips over larger rooms.

Are you open to looking into other resorts when the 7 month window hits? If so, I recommend the 1 br units at Kidani. The living room areas have a pull out sofa and a chair that converts into a bed (I hear it is fairly comfortable). There is also a second full bathroom in these units. (Note, Jambo 1brs are more traditionally designed aned have neither the chair nor the second bathroom.)

Hi! :wave: I think we have our hearts set on VWL as it's been so long since we've had a family Christmas trip there. Our last Christmas trip was 2017 at BLT. I could book a 1 BR at BLT which would solve the bedding problem, but I'm not sure I have enough points there either. We have less points at BLT than we do at VWL plus I rented a bunch of my BLT points to my niece for a 2018 stay. Dang it. I shouldn't have been a nice aunt! :rotfl:

Horsey!! Glad to see you again! I can't offer advice, either. We did do a holiday trip this year but for only three days, so not much help there. Plus, we only did a studio. Still, great to see you back here. Stop being a stranger!

I spoke to MS earlier. Not sure I agree with his advice. What I want is 12/20-27. I can transfer some points from my Feb. UY to April, but I still won't have enough for the full stay. What's going to be harder to get in a 2 BR? Beginning or end of the trip? If I transfer some points I have enough to book 12/22-27 with April. I would book 20-22 with Feb. MS told me to book 12/20-25 then call on 21st (they're closed 1/20) transfer enough points to cover 12/25 then book 12/26 with Feb UY. I'm not so sure about this advice. It seems very risky to me to not have 12/25 booked. I miss the days of booking 1 BRs. So much easier.

So what do you think? Book as many consecutive nights as I can at the beginning of the trip or the end of the trip? Appreciate any advice you have.

Hi Julie! Great to see you dropping by. :)

If MS is closed on 1/20, then how can you book 12/20-12/25 before you call on 1/21? Sounds like you will have to start booking your trip on 1/21 and try to book as many days as possible starting with 12/20. That is the only time you will have the 11 month window for 12/20. Then call back to patch in the rest of your trip at the ensuing 11 month dates. So I guess I'm saying that I agree with MS. It's a tough situation, and will be nerve-wracking until you can complete the reservation. Best of luck to you, and we'll toss some Moose Dust your way!

Horsey!! Glad to see you again! I can't offer advice, either. We did do a holiday trip this year but for only three days, so not much help there. Plus, we only did a studio. Still, great to see you back here. Stop being a stranger!

Hi Sly! How's things? How's college going for your DD?

I will try not to be a stranger! Pretty sure I said that last year too. :rotfl:

Hi Julie! Great to see you dropping by. :)

If MS is closed on 1/20, then how can you book 12/20-12/25 before you call on 1/21? Sounds like you will have to start booking your trip on 1/21 and try to book as many days as possible starting with 12/20. That is the only time you will have the 11 month window for 12/20. Then call back to patch in the rest of your trip at the ensuing 11 month dates. So I guess I'm saying that I agree with MS. It's a tough situation, and will be nerve-wracking until you can complete the reservation. Best of luck to you, and we'll toss some Moose Dust your way!

Hi Granny! Thanks for the advice. We talked it over last night & I think we may end just do a split stay. DH hates them so I was trying to avoid it, but he agreed it might be easier. So now I think the plan is 1st 2 nights at BLT in a 1 BR then move to VWL for the last 5 in a 2 BR. Hopefully it all works out.

Hi Granny! Thanks for the advice. We talked it over last night & I think we may end just do a split stay. DH hates them so I was trying to avoid it, but he agreed it might be easier. So now I think the plan is 1st 2 nights at BLT in a 1 BR then move to VWL for the last 5 in a 2 BR. Hopefully it all works out.

We are not split stay fans either, but at least you won't be moving on Christmas Eve or Christmas day. And I do like the idea of saving the best for last! Enjoy your planning!

So nice to hear from a few that are so busy, but returned to the best corner of the Internet! Great to hear form Horselover and rk!

OK Everyone!! We need to wake up!

I've been involved with this thread for years. I have met so many wonderful people and families with our groupie meets or just running into each other in The World. But today I experienced something I have never seen in the 12 years I've looked for this corner of the Internet for rest and relaxation . . . . I found us on PAGE 2!

No posts since Tuesday!?! Are we too busy? I hope everyone is alright and just busy with the necessities of life.

DiznyDi had a molar removed by an Oral Surgeon yesterday so I took the day off to tend to her and my MIL (89). Easy day, but changes ones focus.

Yowser! Busy day on the Resorts forum, apparently. I checked earlier this morning, and we were still only, maybe, 2/3 of the way down the page. I was going to post a little later; had no clue posts would follow so quickly. Hope the surgery went well and Di is healing well.

Cold here and windy with some sleet coming in tomorrow morning. But, otherwise, life is fine. Have a good weekend, Groupies!

Give our best to Di - we’re down in Mt Pleasant SC this weekend - enjoying our Grands! Best Job in The World!

I am kind of new to this group but will do my part to get us off page two. Became DVC Owners at CCV 2018. Had our first trip Dec 2019. It was wonderful. Stayed on the second floor which turned out great for us. We have a special needs adult son and at CCV he felt comfortable enough to leave the room on his own to visit the gift shop or lobby. That is a big deal for our little family. We will be back Nov.30, 2020-Dec 4, 2020. Before then, we have a few other dvc trips planned at other resorts.
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
Lisa

Last edited:
I am kind of new to this group but will do my part to get us off page two. Became DVC Owners at CCV 2018. Had our first trip Dec 2019. It was wonderful. Stayed on the second floor which turned out great for us. We have a special needs adult son and at CCV he felt comfortable enough to leave the room on his own to visit the gift shop or lobby. That is a big deal for our little family. We will be back Nov.30, 2020-Dec 4, 2020. Before then, we have a few other dvc trips planned at other resorts.
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
Lisa
Great story, Lisa! Thanks for checking in with us. . .though I could do without the weather report coming out of Florida. :rolleyes1 :duck:

Page 2 will not do!:scared:
Thanks for getting us back on track Dad. And best wishes for Di and a quick recovery

We have 65 days until our next trip to the World(thanks to WildernessDad's App, sure makes for a quick check, faster than DVC site)

OK Everyone!! We need to wake up!

I've been involved with this thread for years. I have met so many wonderful people and families with our groupie meets or just running into each other in The World. But today I experienced something I have never seen in the 12 years I've looked for this corner of the Internet for rest and relaxation . . . . I found us on PAGE 2!

No posts since Tuesday!?! Are we too busy? I hope everyone is alright and just busy with the necessities of life.

DiznyDi had a molar removed by an Oral Surgeon yesterday so I took the day off to tend to her and my MIL (89). Easy day, but changes ones focus.

Hope Di is feeling better today. Give her my best.

We're getting ready for some snow later today. We can't avoid it forever. We did have some early Dec., but it's been very mild since then. This storm shouldn't be too bad. 3-6" expected.

Only 39 days until my next visit home. Doing a split stay VWL/BWV. My GF who lives in Daytona Beach now is going to come up & go to Moonlight Magic with me. She's been dying to go to MK , but money's a bit tight for them. A one day ticket is kind of outrageous unless you're there from opening until closing. Count me out for that. :crazy2: Moonlight Magic is the perfect solution. Free is good. :thumbsup2

Enjoy the weekend all.

93 left for us. We received about 4-5 inches nice it was on a weekend so we didn’t have to worry about work. Horselover so glad you can spread some good cheer to your friend With MM.
what night are you going? We have tickets for the 21st!!

Hi Groupies!

Hope all is well! Work has been insane and I have to say I spend far too much time on the JetBlue site trying to book airfare to Sarasota for a trip (hopefully) in March and to MCO in May. I booked a few days in early May at BWV for F & G, and the plan is to drive to Sarasota for a few days after that.

JetBlue has changed their booking categories which has proven to be quite a challenge for me and rather frustrating.

Hope you all have a happy Sunday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!