VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

An early Happy Easter to all! Returned from WDW on Monday night at 11:45 PM to pouring rain (which Minneapolis needed). Turned out it snowed on Sunday, then turned to rain late Monday, and then turned cold by Tuesday morning into snowfall that surpassed the entire winter season in one day (we had an extremely odd mild winter).

In our last minute trip there were a few things I thought worth sharing:

Did the big balloon at Disney Springs, I can recommend it, quite a view!

We rented a pontoon for an hour while at the VGF. With the DVC discount it was only $88, which by Disney standards was a deal. Highly recommend, we did it on a windy day which was ideal as you can’t create much of your own wind with a 20 H,P. Motor pushing a 24’ Party Barge…🤣

The 2BR at OKW was spectacular, I’ll be back.

The 1BR at VGF didn’t impress me much, I felt it was just OK, but I suppose that’s to be expected following the 2BR at OKW..

Highlight - The Gurgling Suitcase at OKW. Crazy little bar, seats 8 people. Ran across 3 other couples (same evening). None of them knew each other. Two couples had purchased OKW ( umm…DVC) in 1993. The other couple topped that by purchasing in 1991. Now, they told me they bought in for $50/point. That didn’t surprise me, but then they said that Maintenance Fees were $37/ year at the beginning? Well, if that doesn’t prove how inflation has changed things!

Money Grab - went to MK on Sunday at which time the mouse determined he needed $39/person for Genie+ 😭, but had to do it. Only park it’s a must do for me.

Happy moment - I got caught in the crowd at fireworks right in front of the castle trying to cross. Stood for 45 minutes and thoroughly enjoyed it as I feared my rheumatoid arthritis would never allow me to do that again - but thanks to my medication I did it.

Went to EPCOT on Thursday and it was a spectacular day, low crowds before the weekend.

Anyways, sorry for the ramble, and again, Happy Easter to all!

Attachments

• IMG_2726.jpeg
    IMG_2726.jpeg
    95.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0456.jpeg
    IMG_0456.jpeg
    60.8 KB · Views: 5
Hello everyone! WL fan here! I have had 6 stays at The Lodge and 1 at AofA. The last 2 trips have been at CCV deluxe studios which are perfect for DH and I. Thinking about a trip in October with adult DD and staying at BRV in a deluxe studio for the first time. Are all the studios renovated with a murphy bed? I can't wait to be home again!

Yes, all the BRV studios are renovated. We were in one this January and loved it! I actually found the murphy bed to be more comfortable than the regular bed.

Hello everyone! WL fan here! I have had 6 stays at The Lodge and 1 at AofA. The last 2 trips have been at CCV deluxe studios which are perfect for DH and I. Thinking about a trip in October with adult DD and staying at BRV in a deluxe studio for the first time. Are all the studios renovated with a murphy bed? I can't wait to be home again!
FYI the rooms on the 5th floor all appear to have gotten sleeper sofas instead of the murphy beds. Quite a few rooms up there have slanted ceilings because of the dormers. Quite a few rooms don't have that ceiling but it seems DVC decided to just skip the murphy beds up there in all the rooms. (per reports)

It may be best to request the queen murphy bed explicitly.

On the short hallway side (left in the rotunda), the top floor is 4. On the long hallway side the top floor is 5.

The following link shows a pull-out couch on floor 4.

It may be best to request the queen murphy bed explicitly.

On the short hallway side (left in the rotunda), the top floor is 4. On the long hallway side the top floor is 5.

The following link shows a pull-out couch on floor 4.
Good catch! Or perhaps request lower floor so one hopefully doesn't end up on the top floor in either section.

So I've looked at the availability charts on some websites but I'm curious to hear actual experiences here...

Historically, is it very difficult to get a 1-bedroom for 6-7 nights in January/February? (Avoiding MLK and Presidents weekends) at the 7-month mark? I know everyone here owns at BRV so no need to wait for 7 months. But I thought some of you might still have an idea.

We're pretty sure we want to add more points (we only have 50 right now) in order to stay at a 1-bedroom (at least sometimes.) But we aren't sure if we'll 100% need to make sure those points are at BRV or if we could get them from elsewhere instead.

Thoughts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!