VWL Groupies...yes, we love the Lodge, a lot!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
WE PASSED! :dance3::yay::woohoo::cheer2:

So excited to be an owner at the BEST DVC peoperty there is! :cool1:

Eliza - I am at work, so your pics are blocked - but I can not WAIT to see them! :banana:

Eliza -- how beautiful! What a special trip for you! Thanks for sharing the pictures!

This is a fun, hoppin' sort of time on the board! New people, lots of sharing, lots of trips all over, waiting for ROFR (is that the right acronym?) VERY exciting!

Good luck to everyone with all their add ons and stuff!

Right now, I have a houseful of boys, being silly and loud. I'm trying to get them to not make big messes -- attempting to lay stuff out and be organized. This afternoon, I have to mow the yard. Tomorrow, need to go out and get another suitcase -- I'm pretty sure we are over packing! :) Tomorrow, I should have everything all packed and moved down to the garage, so I can get the house clean before the trip.

I am SUPER excited! :yay::yay::yay: DH has had a stressful few weeks at work, so he is looking forward to vacation. Kids probably won't be excited till the day before.

I can't wait to stay in the lodge that you are all so in love with!!!!!!!

Thank you to everyone for the very warm welcome! Much like the Lodge itself, everyone here sure has a way of making you feel right at “home”. It’s also nice to have such a large group of like-minded people who share the same passion all in one place. I feel that this thread will be an excellent place for me to come and not only share my own WL stories and experiences, but also to share in yours as well. Unfortunately, my next WL visit is probably out of the question until at least 2014, so this will be an excellent way for me to get my “fix” while passing the time. Ideally, I would like to accumulate enough DVC points to make two trips annually – one Spring and one Fall. There is so much build up before each trip, and they come and go so quickly, it just becomes very depressing knowing that you won’t return for another 12-24 months. If I could have the next trip on the horizon 5-7 months out, it sure would make coming home much easier knowing that I’ll be back in no time. All in due time, I suppose.

Once again, thank you so much for welcoming me into your group, and for taking the time to read my story. I’m sure that my story is not unlike many of your own, having been lucky enough to share many great trips and memories with our family, friends and loved ones throughout the years. Anyone that embraces Disney as much as we do has undoubtedly shared some “magical moments” similar to my own that have helped to shape and continues to fuel our passion. I consider myself very lucky to have such a great family to share such wonderful Disney moments with, and even luckier that I am now in a position to return the favor and continue to build upon those great memories.

A special thank you goes out to Teapot for the offer to adopt me :) . If your daughters are as passionate about the WL as we are, and happen to still be single, be sure to tell them that an eligible WL-fanatic bachelor exists on the east side of Cleveland, OH (provided that they can stomach the cold winters).

Over the next few days, I will try to compose a trip report detailing our recent 10-day adventure. I can start out by telling you that we had two studios on the first floor of VWL, rooms 1535 and 1537. At first, I wasn’t very excited about being on ground level, hoping that we might have some view of the pool or a sneak peak through the woods of Bay Lake. But ground level really grew on me. We were only the 2nd and 3rd rooms down the main corridor facing Bay Lake, so we were very close to the back exit near the quiet pool. This was great, as it saved my folks some extra steps after a long day at the parks. More to come soon, with pictures of course!

Thank You for your Lovely Welcome Everyone.

Eliza those photo's are beautiful. I haven't been to France yet, its one of my must do holidays.

Horeselover, I'm on the Fantasy in September and I am so looking forward to it.
You can let me know how great it is. :)

I have been on the Dream in 2011 and that was brilliant, and we were on the Wonder in 2010 also, we didn't get on CC on the Wonder Trip as the weather was bad.
We are at the WLV this September for 10 days and then Cruise on the 14th Sept and finishing our holiday at Disneys Vero Beach, which is our other Dvc Home.
We are so looking forward to our Hols this year as we had to cancel our Holiday and Cruise on October 2012. My Dad took ill and it turned out to be Cancer.
We have had a terrible last 6,mnths and my dad passed away on Dec21st, i miss him so much, so this is my Family and i trying to get a little happiness back into our lives.:)

Over the next few days, I will try to compose a trip report detailing our recent 10-day adventure. I can start out by telling you that we had two studios on the first floor of VWL, rooms 1535 and 1537. At first, I wasn’t very excited about being on ground level, hoping that we might have some view of the pool or a sneak peak through the woods of Bay Lake. But ground level really grew on me. We were only the 2nd and 3rd rooms down the main corridor facing Bay Lake, so we were very close to the back exit near the quiet pool. This was great, as it saved my folks some extra steps after a long day at the parks. More to come soon, with pictures of course!

I also enjoyed reading your story Andrew. Although we have stayed and enjoyed many trips to WL this will be our very first stay at the villas. We too have had such wonderful memories of that lodge. I am looking forward to reading your trip report. We are also from Ohio (Toledo) and I get my WL "fix" from these boards as well. Especially this awesome group. :thumbsup2

I also enjoyed reading your story Andrew. Although we have stayed and enjoyed many trips to WL this will be our very first stay at the villas. We too have had such wonderful memories of that lodge. I am looking forward to reading your trip report. We are also from Ohio (Toledo) and I get my WL "fix" from these boards as well. Especially this awesome group. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the kind words! This was my first stay in the Villas as well after 6 or 7 stays in the main lodge, and I have to say, it was better than my initial expectations. You still share the main lobby and all of the other ammenities (restaurants, pool, gift shop, transportation, boat dock, etc.) with the Lodge, so it feels as if you are all one big resort. When staying in the main lodge, once you leave the main "atrium" of the WL and head down the side corridors to your room, you can have quite a walk depending on how far down the hallway you are. Staying in the Villas doesn't feel much different. The only difference is you are walking down a covered walkway to get to the villas rather than a long, connected corridor. I do prefer the room size/layout and the newly rennovated decour of the main lodge rooms as compared to the studio (I still don't understand why they can't give you two beds instead of 1 + a sleeper sofa), but the studio was still very nice and plenty adaquate. I don't spend much time in the room itself anyways, as I strongly prefer to be out and about exploring the beauty of the resort.

We're not too far away at all! I'm about 20 minutes east of Cleveland, and sometimes find myself in the Toledo area on business. I'll be visiting Maumee Bay for a weekend getaway later in June. No WL by any means, but a nice escape from reality nontheless! I hope that your upcoming trip to VWL is fantastic. When do you leave?

Thanks for the kind words! This was my first stay in the Villas as well after 6 or 7 stays in the main lodge, and I have to say, it was better than my initial expectations. You still share the main lobby and all of the other ammenities (restaurants, pool, gift shop, transportation, boat dock, etc.) with the Lodge, so it feels as if you are all one big resort. When staying in the main lodge, once you leave the main "atrium" of the WL and head down the side corridors to your room, you can have quite a walk depending on how far down the hallway you are. Staying in the Villas doesn't feel much different. The only difference is you are walking down a covered walkway to get to the villas rather than a long, connected corridor. I do prefer the room size/layout and the newly rennovated decour of the main lodge rooms as compared to the studio (I still don't understand why they can't give you two beds instead of 1 + a sleeper sofa), but the studio was still very nice and plenty adaquate. I don't spend much time in the room itself anyways, as I strongly prefer to be out and about exploring the beauty of the resort.

We're not too far away at all! I'm about 20 minutes east of Cleveland, and sometimes find myself in the Toledo area on business. I'll be visiting Maumee Bay for a weekend getaway later in June. No WL by any means, but a nice escape from reality nontheless! I hope that your upcoming trip to VWL is fantastic. When do you leave?

You guys are close to me too! We are in Pittsburgh :) Looks like we need to do another Groupies meet - North edition ;)

All are welcome, of course. :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Thank You for your Lovely Welcome Everyone.

Eliza those photo's are beautiful. I haven't been to France yet, its one of my must do holidays.

Horeselover, I'm on the Fantasy in September and I am so looking forward to it.
You can let me know how great it is. :)

I have been on the Dream in 2011 and that was brilliant, and we were on the Wonder in 2010 also, we didn't get on CC on the Wonder Trip as the weather was bad.
We are at the WLV this September for 10 days and then Cruise on the 14th Sept and finishing our holiday at Disneys Vero Beach, which is our other Dvc Home.
We are so looking forward to our Hols this year as we had to cancel our Holiday and Cruise on October 2012. My Dad took ill and it turned out to be Cancer.
We have had a terrible last 6,mnths and my dad passed away on Dec21st, i miss him so much, so this is my Family and i trying to get a little happiness back into our lives.:)

Callymum -- I'm sure all the groupies will join me in a big hug for you!:grouphug: No vacation can minimize the magnitude of losing a loved one, but if anyplace can help bring some smiles to your face, it is Disney.

Andrew -- I'm looking forward to reading more of your stories! Your Disney Love just oozes out of your posts!

You are also cracking me up!

If you attend a groupie meet, you might have all sorts of Mama Bears parading their eligible Disney-phile daughters!

Hold out for a lady who loves Disney as much as you do and you'll be able to go a lot. My DH doesn't see that going to Disney is a high priority -- more so than saving for college, for example. :rotfl: Or buying groceries.... I could put a Disney trip above eating.... He just doesn't get it!:lmao:

Callymum -- I'm sure all the groupies will join me in a big hug for you!:grouphug: No vacation can minimize the magnitude of losing a loved one, but if anyplace can help bring some smiles to your face, it is Disney.

Thank you for your lovely words. My Dad will be with us in my heart.
I am just looking forward to relaxing and listening the the Crickets at night and sitting by my Pool during the day. You notice I say my pool, that's because I feel so at home there.lol :)

WE PASSED! :dance3::yay::woohoo::cheer2:

So excited to be an owner at the BEST DVC peoperty there is! :cool1:

Eliza - I am at work, so your pics are blocked - but I can not WAIT to see them! :banana:

:cheer2::woohoo::dance3::cool1: Great news! Congratulations on getting those new points!

Thanks for sharing your pictures Eliza! Your pictures remind me of our visit to the palaces of 'Mad' King Ludwig in Germany.

WELCOME Andrew and Callymum Always fun having new Groupies join our thread!

Yes, Jimmy, there was discussion a while back about camping out in the woods; beside the Villas for those without reservations or some such suggestion. :lmao:

DDad and I are NE Ohio, too. We're in the Alliance area. Somebody say something about a meet?

bagsmom; let's see, this is Tuesday that must mean you're 3 days out!

Rusafee, HOORAY!

Thank you!!!!!!!!! :yay: :yay: :yay:

More good news - ONLY 3 days for you! :dance3:

Thank you for your lovely words. My Dad will be with us in my heart.
I am just looking forward to relaxing and listening the the Crickets at night and sitting by my Pool during the day. You notice I say my pool, that's because I feel so at home there.lol :)

I'm sorry for your loss Callymum. There's nothing more difficult than the loss of a loved one. :hug: Hoping you have a magical, relaxing trip in your dads memory :wizard:

:cheer2::woohoo::dance3::cool1: Great news! Congratulations on getting those new points!

Thanks for sharing your pictures Eliza! Your pictures remind me of our visit to the palaces of 'Mad' King Ludwig in Germany.

WELCOME Andrew and Callymum Always fun having new Groupies join our thread!

Yes, Jimmy, there was discussion a while back about camping out in the woods; beside the Villas for those without reservations or some such suggestion. :lmao:

DDad and I are NE Ohio, too. We're in the Alliance area. Somebody say something about a meet?

bagsmom; let's see, this is Tuesday that must mean you're 3 days out!

Thank you!!!! We are beaming over here! I can't believe it happened so fast! I only joined the Groupies in Jan, and I remember saying "someday I would be able to own at this amazing resort"

:dance3:

And yes, I think another Groupie meet is in order soon!

I have a friend who grew up in Alliance!

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ! So, when's the first trip?! :cool1:

Thanks!! I wish I knew! We are hoping for sooner, but as of now - it's looking like we won't be back until Dec 2014. How depressing is that!!?! :crazy2:

Fresh points burning a hole in my pocket may change that quickly though ;)

Absolutely not WL but Maumee Bay is a very lovely park. We have been there many times and even attended a wedding there. I love to go out there and just sit on a bench and look at the water. Dreaming I'm at Disney World of course. Have an awesome time on your getaway.

Our trip to VWL begins on the 3rd of november. I'm hoping the time goes by quickly. LoL I loved your description of the villas btw.

You guys are close to me too! We are in Pittsburgh :) Looks like we need to do another Groupies meet - North edition ;)
All are welcome, of course. :)

Would you believe I've never been to Pittsburgh? Guess I have to get out more. :rotfl: A Northern Groupies meet would be awesome!

And congratulations on becoming a new owner at the Lodge. That is truly fantastic! I am so envious rusafee1183! :yay:

As I write this, I am enjoying my first stay at one of my home resorts. We did OKW first for 5 nights then VWL for 6 nights. We check out on Thursday. We got room 5530 and at first I was a little bummed on the view. But now I love it (especially cause I live in AZ and we don't have trees like this!) I am in love with this resort!!!! I like the rooms at OKW but I think I like this resort better overall.

Looking forward to many more stays :yay:

Lots of great things going on here

Eliza
Loving the pics of France, keep em coming!:thumbsup2

rusafee
So happy ROFR came through, now its time to get those points in motion:woohoo:

SnoopyGirl
Enjoy your time in one of the most special places in our hearts:goodvibes

Andrew
Loving your passion for the Lodge:)

bagsmom
Not much longer:dance3:

For those cooking up a Northern version of a meet, I say go for it! Nothing like making that connection finally to our cyber friends:grouphug:

Folks, Tammy and I have some news to share

We are waiting on ROFR on a contract for BWV. This all happened quickly, but I will share a little background as to why.

Last Fri. Tammy and me were walking, talking about so wishing we could stay at BWV during F&W, and not having the 11 mos. window has always hindered that. Its always exciting to talk this talk, but reality of it all kicks in when the finances play into it.

After looking at our finances, we realized if the right contract came along, meaning amount of pts. needed to bank and borrow(we like to go to F&W every other year), money spent, use year, etc., we could make the move. As I searched a few re-sale companies, it seems not many contracts were to be found that already didnt have sale pending.

Well all that changed Sun. AM when I find the ideal one, pts. just right, price just right, use year same as our current pts. So, Mon. AM I make the call, not expecting contract to still be there(BWV contracts moving in and out of inventory swift these days) and to shorten it(for your behalves)contract is on way with Dep.(soon to be in sellers hands)then ROFR.

I have to share F&W 11 mos window is a huge reason, but here lies an equal reason...we have found ourselves staying at resorts with lower pts., OKW mainly, and we love it there! But we so miss our stays at our 1st love, The Lodge. We usually get 3 weeks at of pts. a year, 2 in Oct. or Dec, 1 in Mar. or May. Even with the addition of BWV pts., no more time will factor in, as work wont allow me a lot more, but this opens the door for returning to VWL and not feeling bad about use of pts.

Does this make sense? As I mentioned in a post a day or so ago, I walk through the lobby of WL, on the way to the parking area, and feel guilty about not being there. Hope this changes soon;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter