VWL or SSR

Alexander

DIS Veteran
Booking late and couldn't get BCV for April. Can get VWL or SSR for our dates. We've stayed at VWL and really liked it. Wanted BCV because we spend ALOT of time at the pool. Can someone please, please advise me on SSR and the pool facilities. I am torn right down the middle as to where to stay!

We loved the pool area at Saratoga Springs. I don't know if you have little ones. We have a two year old and the zero entry feature allowed us to all play in the pool together without too much worry about her getting in over her head. There is also a great kids water play area featuring Donald Duck. It has a waterfall, pop fountains and the wonderful soft cork decking. My husband couldn't get enough of the waterslide, he said it was quite fast! One negative....No food at the poolside bar. You have to dry off and go into Artists Palette for take out. Overall...we had a blast. We have not yet had the opportunity to stay at VWL so I really can't compare.

Shan

get on the waitlist for BCV.

then go with either VWL or SSR.

both have nice pools - not great ones. '

both have slides.

The only down side at WL is the pool. IMO the themed pool is way to small for the amt of guests. My kids love it but as a former lifeguard - the crowd makes me nuts!!!

Although I'm an SSR owner and have stayed there, I'd choose WLV based on my personal tastes. I would definitely go on waitlist for BCV, though. There is a good chance it will come through.

Can you split your stay between BCV days available (if there are any) and another resort? Then you can call regularly (as well as being on waitlist for a full BCV stay) to see if an adjacent day is yet available. Since they won't call you about your waitlist unless all requested days are available, this works. This is what we're doing for our (cross your fingers) trip in January. We wanted VWL the entire stay but were only able to get it for our last night. Since then I've called and the adjacent night was available. I'm slowly expanding our stay at VWL!

:teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter