VWL...recent pictures???

dbmom

Earning My Ears
I'm planning a trip to WL for May 2010 and would love to see some recent pictures of the villas. I have read on other posts that the lodge rooms had been renovated and wondered if this applied to the villas as well. Thanks!!

I know when I was there last September, they had the floor above me closed off and you would hear horrifically loud construction noises if you were in your room during the day. Saws and hammers, all sorts of noises - and you could hear when they moved from one room to the next, because of the volume. I haven't been there since though, so I don't know if they just re-did them the way they were or if something changed. I would be interested in seeing some pictures also.

I'm interested in seeing some recent pictures of the villas as well. I've heard they haven't been renovated, but maybe they have?

I remember reading somewhere that they had been renovated, but I cannot seem to find where. I posted a question on the DVC WL Groupie thread so maybe we will find out for sure. I will let everyone know once I find out. Thanks! :)

Here is what I found:

VWL Refurb Details
Written by Tim Krasniewski
Wednesday, October 01, 2008 10:00AM
Back in August we reported that Disney had obtained permits to refurbish guest rooms at the Villas at Disney's WIlderness Lodge. Courtesy of the new issue of Disney Files magazine we now have some additional information regarding this project.

According to Disney Files the refurbishment will include the folllowing updates to Disney Vacation Club guest rooms: new carpeting, sleeper sofas, select chairs will be replaced and interior paint.

The renovations are expected to be complete by the middle of November.

---------------------------------------
We were in a renovated studio in March but I didn't get pictures before the kids made a mess. Here is a recent report with pictures from May that looks just like the room we were in.

edited to add: Link didn't work--see post below for pics

Do you mind posting the picture again? I can't see that one. Thanks!

Sorry I don't know what I did wrong earlier.

Here is what I was trying to show:
We arrived at VWL after being on the cruiseline bus for 2 hours! (Six stops along the way plus waiting for cruisers to board!) I will answer any cruise questions later, but don't want to comment till Blossom has gotten on board! Here is a pic of me with Cruisin Mickey!

DSC00073.jpg

At 11:00a our room was not ready, but they had one available (not meeting any of our requests), so I denied it and said we would wait. So glad we did, it was an awesome room with a great view. It looked to have been newly refurbbed with a new mini fridge, new microwave, Corian counters, new carpet and beadspread. I especially like the little coffee table by the sofa (sure wish BWV had these!).

DSC00109.jpg

DSC00107.jpg

DSC00110.jpg

DSC00111.jpg

DSC00113.jpg

Our view from 3543 studio;

DSC00114.jpg

DSC00117.jpg

Crowds were light at the resort, we hardly saw anyone around our hallway, elevators were really fast! The quiet pools was heavenly most of the time, and the resort as a whole was very manecured with topiary, mulching, etc.

DSC00141.jpg

DSC00155.jpg

DSC00140.jpg

You are welcome. We loved VWL and I thought BWV Dreamin had some great shots of the same type of room we were in. It is so relaxing there!

Dory, I love the picture of the studio! I'm still trying to figure out where I will be staying in August and my heart is set on WL, but no rooms are available. I'm thinking of staying at the VWL in a studio. Did your studio come with ground coffee and filters, or do I need to bring them? Thanks for sharing your pictures with us.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter