w/c on boat from Epcot

Sarahsmom85

Mouseketeer
Hi
I need to know if I can take an electric W/c on the boat from Epcot over to where Beach & Cream is?

The boat isn't your only option to get from Epcot to Beaches and Cream. There is a walking path that goes all the way from Epcot to the MGM Studio, right past BC, YC, BW, etc. If the rest of your party has no trouble walking, you will actually get there faster walking than you would taking the boat.

The water level is a problem for the boats that use Bay Lake - the lake at MK that MK and the MK resorts are around. Because it is a big lake, there is no way to regulate the water level amd it changes based on how much or little rain they have. If the water gets too high, the boat floats too high compared to the dock. If the water level is too low, the boat is lower than the dock. A small difference can be dealt with by using portable ramps or "creative" loading of the boats (ie, loading all the ambulatory people first if the boat needs to be weighted down, etc).

The waterways at Epcot, any of the Epcot resorts or the resorts on the waterways that go to DD are actually navigation canals with a series of other drainage and overflow canals connected to them. By opening and closing gates to the various canals, they are able to keep the water level in the navigation canals fairly constant, so water level would almost never be a problem.
In over 15 years of visits to WDW, we've never heard of or seen a problem with the Epcot or DD boats, even in years when we have not ben able to use the boats at the MK resorts.

Thanks,
We will be using a van is it easier to just go take our van?
How long a walk is it? Only asking so I can know how to budget time.
Thanks again

:boat: We have never had any water level problems at the Epcot resorts or the Int'l gateway. Disney controls the water levels in canals in this section, ensuring that the boats remain accessible.

It is also a very pleasant and relatively short walk tho (maybe 10 mins?). I would not bring the van around. It is a fairly good poke thru Epcot tho.

If you are going to be in Epcot anyway, I'd just walk. I'd agree with pumpkin boy that it's probably about 10 minutes from the UK part of Epcot. It's a very nice walk along a beach.
With waiting for the boat, loading and unloading, it will may take you longer to get there by boat than to walk, but probably only about 15 minutes total. But, you won't have trouble getting on the boat and it is a nice boat ride.

Taking the van would take the longest. And, they have valet parking, but if you self park, the parking is quite a hike from the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter