W.I.S.H - A July to Remember

Today let's do the reverse and list out three things we are willing to give up or release in order to achieve more healthful living.

I am willing to release/give up:

Some weight :rotfl: okay now seriously...

• Inactivity e.g. laying on the couch binge watching tv - thank you Netflix
  • My disorganised approach to food/meal planning
  • Over-eating chocolate - I have really done too much of this the last few days - I didn't say give it up altogether but I really need to reign it back in.
BONUS TOPIC: What is your word for the month?

Perseverance - I find I really lack this in relation to my healthy journey - so will make it my word of the month.

HELLO EVERYONE!!! I'm new to the W.I.S.H boards

:welcome: glad you are joining us.

I'm finally down 115. I'm 1 pound away from my next major milestone (40% of my initial body weight).

My goal for the month is to keep going strong and to donate my old clothes. I have all of this stuff that no longer fits and I think it would be nice if someone can get some use out of them.

:worship: That is awesome - well done!

Hey Everyone! This month is not turning out the way I thought it would be. Totally different. I miss you and will be back to normal-ish schedule in a few days. I'm helping out my niece with her five children. Little bit of a crisis there! I just came home (from 3 hours away) last night to grab some new clothes (kinda tired of the same two shirts!!). I'm about to drive off again, but glad to see everyone doing well. I think my word of the month is survival!!

MOTIVATION MONDAY

Was thinking about this quote over the weekend, and thought it was a good one to start the week with!

Hey Everyone! This month is not turning out the way I thought it would be. Totally different. I miss you and will be back to normal-ish schedule in a few days. I'm helping out my niece with her five children. Little bit of a crisis there! I just came home (from 3 hours away) last night to grab some new clothes (kinda tired of the same two shirts!!). I'm about to drive off again, but glad to see everyone doing well. I think my word of the month is survival!!
Hope things work out OK for all.

TOPIC TUESDAY

List out three things you aren't willing to give up or are not willing to do.

1. Carbs, lol! I am miserable and so lifeless without carbs, it does not suit me at all
2. I am unwilling to stop trying if things stop working I try to make them work again
3. I am not willing to do workouts that leave me drained for days anyomore

TOPIC THURSDAY

Today let's do the reverse and list out three things we are willing to give up or release in order to achieve more healthful living.

BONUS TOPIC: What is your word for the month?

Oh whats a good one
1. overeating. I am willing to give up thinking eating too much if fun or I have to finish what I have on my plate
2. I am willing to stop thinking that it will always be an issue
3. I am willing to stop thinking I need to count calories all the time

As I said, I am willing to try. If I need to I will return to calorie counting without hesitation but I need to have another try to see

In the past the NAET treatments have been for food that my body was sensitive to, so I wasn't sure how it would work with sugar being a mental/addiction thing. Friday I saw I had a bag of chocolate covered mandarin oranges in the pantry, so of course I opened it and had a few pieces, first refined sugar since the treatment on Tuesday. Normally I would have continued to go back to the bag until it was empty but it was kind of like a garage door slammed shut and I heard "that's enough". I didn't have any more over the entire weekend... this has me very excited and motivated!

I'm going to add drinking 2+ liters of water per day to my goals for the month... Friday it finally clicked that a bladder infection is what's been bothering me and flushing it out with liquids is the best remedy, so I drank tons of water over the weekend and will continue to do so.

Over all it was a lovely weekend... yesterday was absolute perfection, sunny but not too warm with a light breeze. I had no concrete plans or must dos so I just wandered thru the day at a leisurely pace. In the evening I spent quite a bit of time re-working the embroidery on the journal cover I made during the retreat.... for some reason stitching was more engaging and satisfying than knitting is, maybe because I knit all the time? Not sure why, but it sure felt good!

Happy Monday all.... here's to a fabulously healthful week for us all!

upload_2018-7-10_7-15-49.png

Tuesday Topic... Sticking with the Basics

Despite all the trends in dieting, at its core weight loss/control is about calories in - calories out. A pound of fat = 3500 calories, so if you have a daily deficit of -500 calories, at the end of the week this adds up to -3500 calories and should equate to -1 pound of fat lost.

In your weight loss journey, have you used this formula? Has it worked for you? Is there something new you're thinking of trying to create this deficit?

I have found this formula helpful. When I'm actually tracking food and exercising I do strive to maintain the recommended -500 calories per day. The past few weeks I've made a pretty drastic shift in what I'm eating, by greatly reducing sugar and dairy. I'm thinking its probably over a -1000 calorie shift per day, just in intake, and I am seeing the result when I get on the scale.

My preferred exercise is walking, but I haven't been doing much lately because my feet have been so tender, due mostly to my ankles and feet swelling. Evidently this was a water retention thing, as it has gone down significantly these past few days that I've been chugging down the water. This makes me very happy, and I'll be back to getting my 10,000 steps per day real soon.

Last night I went back thru my FitBit to see how much I weighted when I was feeling so good in 2016, and saw that I was barely in to onederland... that was when I had a good range of motion and was doing Pilates and loving it. If I can string together a good July and August, I should be back in to the range where I can pick Pilates up again in the fall - something very exciting to focus on.

This is what I do. Though I need to get better at tracking.

I am back to walking int he morning and will hopefully get my 10,000 steps a day. Over the weekend we went to the zoo and played a lot of pokemon. I got a lot of steps in and now that I am back at work I am getting my food back on track. Today i had toast for breakfast and know I am eating Quina (I think that is how it is spelled) with zucchini and will eat a salad for lunch. The Quina is a new food to me and the last time I tried it I didn't like it. This time DH made it different. So much so that I actually like the zucchini.

View attachment 336001

Tuesday Topic... Sticking with the Basics

Despite all the trends in dieting, at its core weight loss/control is about calories in - calories out. A pound of fat = 3500 calories, so if you have a daily deficit of -500 calories, at the end of the week this adds up to -3500 calories and should equate to -1 pound of fat lost.

In your weight loss journey, have you used this formula? Has it worked for you? Is there something new you're thinking of trying to create this deficit?

Yes, it worked. If I need to without hesitation I would go back to calorie counting again. My experience with it was good

but basics is also eating mostly whole food and trying to have at least 1/3rd of most of my meals being fruit or veg or combination of both. Not side plate, but the actual plate. It controls the quantity of the rest of the food.

Woohoo!

Yesterday I went to the grocery store while hungry and thirsty, but managed to come out without any refined sugary stuff... just food that's good for me.
I actually cooked my dinner last night.
This weekend is our neighborhood summer festival, which is always a lot of fun.
Last week I finally bought a new sofa, I've been looking and thinking about it for a year... it'll be delivered on the 20th.

feel better soon piglet.

We bought new sofa last year. It's the first thing I thought of when we came home - I can't wait to chill on it

It's little quiet this month, hope all regulars are doing good.

Whoohoo - on arrival home I received good news in a letter. long and boring story but it will mean more disposable income for us and a refund for substantial amount of money that we were overcharged monthly for years! I have lost hope we will see the end of it to be honest, I was shocked but very happy

I feel on and off happy or anxious about stopping calorie counting but so far, so good. the jeans still fit. It's like taking my old worn out shoes from me and the new I am not so certain will be as comfortable yet - but I sure love to think they would.

Topic Thursday: Eating the rainbow

Eat2Ba2BRainbow-1.jpg

How colorful is your diet?
What colors did you eat yesterday?
How does/would eating the rainbow fit in to your healthful goals?

I usually do not get by color. I have never really thought about it. But i do eat lots of green, red and orange. I do eat a little of yellow and white. Their is nothing that is purple that I will eat.

Yesterday I did not eat much. I only had a grilled chicken sandwich with fries. I am feeling better today. Yesterday was just weird. I was sick to my stomach in the morning and then that switched over to my back hurting really bad. I took some advil after DS baseball game and went to bed. This morning I woke up fine just really tired.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts