• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Waaaah, our last day, day 7

Albertan mom

<font color=blue>I didn't mean too, innocent mista
Today was our last day in Disneyland.
We got up early and went for breakfast at the Rainforest Cafe. DS had waffles, very cute. DD had toast. DH and I each had bacon and eggs. Bill $35. It was good though, fun atmosphere. We shopped in there. I got a shirt for DD for $5, one for DS for $3, and pj's for me for $8!! Great clearance racks! Also had a flyer, those ones you get at hotels, that said "free gift with $10 purchase. The free gift was a magnet.

Then DD and I went to Libby Lu. How fun for little girls! She got the cutest hairdo, and picked out her 5 things (lipgloss, bookmark, pen, pillowcase, headband) for $25. (not $21 as stated on the webpage) We had to wait an hour, but it was lots of fun. Then her and I went shopping at World Of Disney. Bought 4 mugs for people at home, frames, Christmas ornaments and more! Spent a ton!
The boys headed over to CA and did 4 big rides while us girls were 'primping and shopping"

Went to the Walt Disney Story--that is so awesome. I just love to hear Walts voice!
Then we hit Fantasyland. Peter Pans flight is cool. Snow White was neat too. IASW was beautiful with its Christmas decor up. What great detail went into that ride. Amazing. Storyland Canal Boats, also lots of fun, great detail.
Had lunch at Redd Rockets. The Christmas brownie is soooo yummy!
Saw PUSH the talking trash can, that was so cool to see. The kids were amazed. (yes, saw the guy controlling him)
Walts Parade was great too. Though very late, almost an hour late.While waiting, I was chatting the with a CM. He said DL and CA employ around 22,000 people!! :earseek: He said he works OFV (outdoor food vending) He has been there 4 monthes. After 1 year he can request a transfer to a different area of the park. He wants to work Attractions, though they make less money ($7.74--he makes $8.15 as food vendor) But said the Attractions people may go on strike soon, because the DL Attractions CMs want to join unions with the DCA Attractions CMs and Disney doesn't want them too, so they may go on strike....

The parade was great, very good to see characters. (we didn't see alot out roaming this trip)
Got a fast pass for Space Mountain. It was great.
Did Indiana Jones again, worth going on 2x! I love it!
Did some more shopping, spent lots of money! Got DS a Space Mountain hat, DD a shirt, me a sweater, the big hardcover Disney book, more ornaments, a mickey ring(had bought one yesterday, but the 'diamond' fell out, so they exchanged it for me--even though my receipt was in the hotel room--hope the new one stays together, I love it!)
Decided to stick around and watched the Christmas parade, so great.
Wanted to finish off our Disney trip with the fireworks. So we watched them from the Train Station. Great place to watch from. They are so beautiful. Was a great way to finish it off.
Very sad to be going home tomorrow.
It was a fantastic trip.
:goodvibes

Must go to bed, will give hotel report tomorrow.

It sounds like you have had a wonderful trip! I have enjoyed reading your reports and updates and know you are bummed to be leaving, it goes fast doesn't it? Time to go home and start planning your next trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter