Wait a whole year for another Disney trip?!? Yeah right!!

sammykster

Mouseketeer
Well here goes nothing! I am obviously new here and have been lurking for a little while but would love to give writing a pre and post trip report a shot. Stick with me since I have never done anything like this before.

Like many of you, I have been a HUGE Disney freak for as long as I can remember. :love: I watched Cinderella about 2,000 times by the time I turned 4 and our first trip to WDW was when I was 5. :lovestruc Ever since then there has been no turning back. We went about 8 years after that but I wasn’t able to go again until about a year ago. Since I was able to get a taste of it again, I can’t stop and we are now planning our third Disney trip in less than a year.

In May of 2012 I went with my MIL, DS (2), SIL1, SIL2, SIL2’s BF and my husband’s grandmother. No DH on that trip but it was a great time! We stayed at Fort Wilderness Cabins and I strongly believe my MIL likes to take me on all of these trips because I get as excited as a little kid. After this I knew I needed another trip as soon as possible. MIL called in July of 2012 with the opportunity to go on the Magic in October from Galveston. Of course I jumped on the opportunity and we set sail 10/27/12-11/3/12 for my first cruise and DS first as well. It was the greatest trip I have ever been on and we even booked another for May 2014 as soon as we were able, to include my parents as well.

I should have know that I would not be able to handle a trip planned a year in advance without another one somewhere in between to buffer it. I have a bad habit of constantly pricing out and reviewing WDW vacations online and then deleting them when I realize it isn’t realistic and can’t afford it. This year I was looking at thought, maybe I can convince some people this can work. I called MIL and asked if her and FIL would be interested in a little laste minute WDW action. She said she would check with FIL and get back to me. A week later we were booking our flights and discussing our hotel plans. Fast forward to now and we are going 4/17/13-4/24/13.

The what: Walt Disney World vacation at Art of Animation Cars Suites with 7 day PH tickets
The when: April 17, 2013 through April 24, 2013.
The who: (I believe this may be the most important part since I am pretty new)

Me (Sam), AKA mom and wife. I am 25 years old and work in insurance. ←-very exciting, I know. I love vacationing and all things Disney.

DH (Jereme). I have the most amazing DH who supports all of my crazy vacation ideas and goes along with my last minute plans. (Even when he isn’t invited) He will be turning 29 right before we leave for our trip and is very excited for his first trip to WDW with DS!

DS (Logan). Logan just turned 2 in February and is getting ready to head out on his second trip to WDW and his third Disney trip total. He is a very lucky and spoiled little boy. He loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Lightning McQueen and dancing. party: He is my favorite little man and seeing how excited he gets when he sees Mickey or Disney makes it that much more exciting for me. I get a lot of comments about how we should wait until he is older. I truly believe this is a family choice and since we are fortunate enough to go frequently don't see a need in waiting. We have lots of pictures and memories of our own we can share with him down the line!

MIL and FIL. I am one of the luckiest gals when it comes to in-laws. I could not have been welcomed into a nicer family and it is just a bonus that they love Disney and traveling as much as me. We have taken all of our recent trips with them and I wouldn’t want to go without them! They know so many great tips for traveling and have been to so many exciting places. It is also wonderful that they love spending time with DS so that me and DH are able to have some adult vacation without leaving him behind!

So far here are the plans:

April 17, 2013: Arrive at MCO at 11 AM and head to AOA resort via ME
April 18, 2013:
April 19, 2013:
April 20, 2013: Jellyrolls? A couple of friends are also at WDW for their honeymoon!
April 21, 2013:
April 22, 2013: ADR for ‘Ohana at 9:25 AM for MIL birthday! pixiedust:
April 23, 2013: ADR for Chef Mickey’s at 10:55 AM
April 24, 2013: Leave hotel and head to MCO for flight leaving at 1PM

We are doing Chef Mickey’s so late for breakfast because I have always wanted to go there. :goodvibes Since this is a late trip I wasn't able to do the 180 day out ADR’s and have been checking every single day for an opening - this is the best so far! Obviously my schedule is a little bare right now so stay tuned for updates and super exciting planning ;). I can’t help but look at our schedule everyday and get overly excited about the trip!

I would love any advice or tips all of you may have when it comes to planning out our park time! I love to have a loose schedule in advance so I don’t feel like I am wasting precious Disney time! I am also open to any advice or tips with writing a trip report - I want to make sure people are actually interested in reading this ;-) I'm still trying to figure out how to add my own pictures to everything so you can see who I am talking about.:confused3

37 DAYS!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter