Wait for Mary Poppins in MK

TheOneWithTheTriplets

DIS Veteran
I'm looking for info on how long the wait tends to be to meet Mary Poppins near Liberty Square, but I'm not finding anything. We are doing a super quick trip that doesn't include Epcot or a budget for character dining, so it's MK or bust.

We were a bit blindsided in March about how bad Merida's line got and I don't want to make the same mistake twice.

Does anyone have recent experience about how early you need to get in line before/during a set to meet Mary?

I'm looking for info on how long the wait tends to be to meet Mary Poppins near Liberty Square, but I'm not finding anything. We are doing a super quick trip that doesn't include Epcot or a budget for character dining, so it's MK or bust.

We were a bit blindsided in March about how bad Merida's line got and I don't want to make the same mistake twice.

Does anyone have recent experience about how early you need to get in line before/during a set to meet Mary?

I literally walked right up to her last time, but that was September and it wasn't terribly busy in MK that day. There was one lady waiting by the time I was done.

Maybe 15 minutes for us at the end of May, and that was only because there was a large group from the UK in front of us- not that it was bad because they were from the UK- they just kept joking how weird it was that Mary and Bert would be in the US!

Thanks for all of the feedback! I'm going to try to get there right at the start of her set, but I won't be stressed about getting there extra early.

We practically walked into her in January and she had no line other than the people she was currently meeting.

March was bad for everything due to spring break month, Dont think anything is the same

It was actually 2/26 and 2/28 that we attempted and then actually met Merida. Crowds weren't awesome, but we weren't dealing with spring break level just yet.

The trip was more March than Feb, so I've taken to calling it a March trip for easier shorthand. :-)

I will confirm that the Merida line seemed excessive at the end of May, on the same day we saw Mary Poppins. I’m not sure if it’s the way it’s advertised or if Merida is experiencing a surge of popularity, but I wasn’t prepared to wait an hour for her.

In November we arrived at the start of Mary Poppins's M&G, and we walked right up. Actual crowd was a 6 that day.

We happened upon her in early Nov with no line. A small line formed while we were there, probably because people were looking for her or happened to see with the extra people. There's no photopass person just a handler so make sure and have a camera or phone out.

Merida is always a long line because of the time she spends with each party. She's an awesome meet and greet but not one we do every trip.

For characters like Mary Poppins, I've always found if I get there 15 or so minutes before, then I'm near the front of the line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter