Wait List for BWV, VWL 12-14-12-21-any chance?

ESPNDad

Earning My Ears
I'm booked for a 2BR at OKW for Dec 14th-21st. I called and got on the waiting list for BWV and the VWL for the same time period. Looking for any input on whether or not people with experience think I'll get it. Waiting for your insight. Thanks

I asked to be put on the BWV wait list twice, once in 2000 and once in 2001. (Our home resort is OKW, so I had to wait for the 7-month window.)

In 2000, I was told, "Sorry, the wait list is closed. You can call back as things get closer to see if anything changes." I tried several more times, but the wait list remained closed.

In 2001, I was told, "Yes, I can put you on the wait list." So we went on the wait list for a preferred view or standard view 1BR. Within days, the wait list for a standard view 1BR cleared. Success!

Here's what this tells me: Member Services closes the wait list if, in their estimation, there's no chance that you could be successful. So, if you are allowed to go on the wait list, there must be at least some chance of success.

Werner Weiss...

Interesting observation. That supports those that feel the wait list system usually works, especially if done at the seven month window. Personally, I would rather be told "no chance" than just put my name on a list when they know there's no chance of the wait list to ever come through.

Thanks for the tidbit.

Good luck, DW and I will be there and we hope to see you. Green ribbon is on our pin lanyard and ready to go.:smooth:

Any other year I'd say absolutely no chance... Given this years situation, I think you've got an excellent chance of coming through on the waitlist... Right around the 30 day mark you'll see a lot of activity & that's when you'll get through using the waitlist IMHO...

Hi

I have a 1 BR at OKW 12/16-21 and was on the waitlist for BWV and they just called this week to say a preferred view cleared. I decided not to spend the extra 30 pts - but I would say you have a decent chance.

I personally have never had luck with being on a wait list for BWV, but as the above poster said things are a lot different this year with everything that is going on in our world right now, so you might just get lucky. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter