Wait Listed Questions For 12/03-12/08

DizneyNutz

DIS Veteran
Hi All :wave2: We are new to DVC and have never been placed on a wait list for a resort outside our home resort. We are planning a trip the first week of December, booked at the 11 mth window at our home resort and tried to change it today for the VWL. We were placed on a wait list for either a studio or one bedroom----I was told that we could either be called or have our reservation automatically changed if something became available---I chose the "just change" option---can anyone tell me whether or not they have ever wait listed at VWL and how successful they were in getting the reservation changed, and which option you chose? Any and all information would be greatly appreciated!!!

We had to waitlist too, this morning, for the night of 12/7. We want either a one bedroom or a studio, at VWL or BWV, but they're full! Apparently, the weekend itself is looking clearer, so we feel pretty optimistic. All we're looking for is the weekend + either the Thursday or the Sunday.

Unfortunately (well, FORTUNATELY, actually), we're going to WDW on Wednesday, so on Thursday I'll need to call MS from Animal Kingdom. I'll be running to Everest while trying to get through with MS on my cell phone. I hope we can get either Sprint or Verizon reception there. :)

No answers for you just wanted to say count us in too! I waitlisted yesterday for a 1 bedroom at VWL for 12/3-12/8. We currently have a 1 bedroom reserved at BCV so if VWL doesn't come through we'll be staying "at home" instead. We also did automatic waitlist with the change option. I didn't do day-by-day because we'd probably end up with 1 night in the middle not available. We don't like switching resorts.

Here's pixie dust for us both. pixiedust:

Thank you for the post---hopefully, we'll all get our Christmas wishes and if not, WDW is WDW and it's AWESOME no matter what! I had to grin about you running to Everest on your cell phone! Good Luck, both with the VWL and Mt. Everest! The DH will be running there first on our trip too....I on the other had will probably be strolling! Take care and enjoy your trip.

Thank you for the Pixie Dust, maybe we'll all get our wishes, take care, and enjoy your trip!!!

I called MS yesterday and switched our 12/6-12/8 pre-cruise reservation from BCV to OKW - we LOVE OKW! MS told me I would probably make someone really happy as most reservations are going the other way.

No problem getting a 2 bdrm at OKW.

John

Jhalkias said:
I called MS yesterday and switched our 12/6-12/8 pre-cruise reservation from BCV to OKW - we LOVE OKW! MS told me I would probably make someone really happy as most reservations are going the other way.

No problem getting a 2 bdrm at OKW.

John

Funny they said almost the same thing to me about people trying to get into BCV. (Although I would think that the majority of people would be switching to the VWL at Christmas not the BCV).

As much as we do love the BCV, we too have done a switch to OKW in the past and had no problems getting in there. We loved OKW also! Probably almost as much as BCV. The two are totally different trips for us. Plan on staying at OKW again soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!