Wait times at SWO with Quick Queue?

GoldenOwner

Mouseketeer
I was wondering approximate wait times on a busy day (Black Friday, specifically) on Quick Queue rides? We won't be doing any of the coasters and will hopefully be rope dropping Infinity Falls. I'm most concerned about Wild Arctic, Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin, and Journey to Atlantis.

Since no one has answered you I will give it a shot.

I have not used QQ in several years, but the rides you mentioned will be a lot shorter wait than the reg lines. Basically, we were put on the next car available when we used it.

Now about infinity falls, I am not sure if they will be accepting QQ for that one at this time. Usually, the newer rides, don't allow it. I could definitely be wrong on that and maybe someone who have used QQ more recently will give their experience. Also, you do know you will be getting VERY wet on that one. I would plan with that in mind esp if you are planning to do it first thing. I have heard people saying they had 4-5 inches of water in the bottom of the boat. I would pack flip flops, but I can not stand to have wet shoes.

I do recommend Manta. It is the smoothest ride I have ever had. It is my all time favorite. Try to get the front. It is just like flying. Like my son says, the loops that roll over is like rolling over in bed.

I understand SW has been seeing record crowds, but I find the park to be easier than some of the other parks during a holiday period. I will be there during that time this year. They will kick off the christmas celebration on black friday so you will be in luck.

Also the end of the penguin ride is quite cold. I would not want to be wearing wet clothes there. We pack a light sweater for gma.

We were definitely planning on extra clothes/shoes and we will have jackets (esp for the kids) for the penguins! My preliminary plan is to do Infinity Falls very first thing, then Journey to Atlantis before changing right before our Dolphins Up Close tour. I am really missing touring plans telling me how long everything will take!

The thing is, nobody can tell you how long it will take on rides. They break down, some people (me) need extra time to load and unload. Crowd level, number of workers in the morning, etc.

Don't go in with a strict plan. Depending on when your tour is, I think you should get those two rides done first thing pretty quickly. If not, no big deal. You can do the dolphin tour in wet clothes, but I would have to change my shoes.

When you get in to the park, over to the left is like an information booth. Go there and get a map. It will have the show times listed. Ask about any special things they may be having that day, and ask any questions. I like to use a pen and mark the times we want to do things. Be sure to see both the daytime and night time shows. They are different.

Be sure to do Pets Ahoy.

Go pet/feed the sting rays. They are hungrier more towards the morning/noonish hours and just suck the fish out of your hand if you feed them. Otherwise, you can just pet them.

Do turtle trek. I find that one sort of hidden.

If you feed the sea lions, watch out for the birds. Esp the kids. Those birds are smart.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!