Wait times right now

wdwfan22

Totally Obsessed Disney Nut!
I just pulled up the App to look at wait times (as I do whenever I'm bored), and they look amazing. Practically everything is a walk on. Big Thunder is 10, HM is 13, Pirates is 5, Matterhorn is 20. Even RSR is 40, which is great for that ride.

I am probably going to go next year early Feb, and I went last year in early February also. But I don't remember wait times being this low. It really just seems like such a hit and miss for low wait times. Hard to pin down a pattern or a certain month, week or day to plan.

I guess it would just be really nice to live close to see these wait times and hop over to the park. Oh well...

I just pulled up the App to look at wait times (as I do whenever I'm bored), and they look amazing. Practically everything is a walk on. Big Thunder is 10, HM is 13, Pirates is 5, Matterhorn is 20. Even RSR is 40, which is great for that ride.

I am probably going to go next year early Feb, and I went last year in early February also. But I don't remember wait times being this low. It really just seems like such a hit and miss for low wait times. Hard to pin down a pattern or a certain month, week or day to plan.

I guess it would just be really nice to live close to see these wait times and hop over to the park. Oh well...
It’s cold and rainy out.

My husband and daughter were there from 8-5 today and said it was fun and they did a ton... but my daughter may still be a popsicle. :eek:

Ahh yes. That's right. I forgot about the rain DL has been getting. The pics/videos I've seen of the walkways look amazing. I guess that's one of the x factors. Wish I was there. I'd suit up and have a ball!!

I hope your daughter thaws out!

I think the weather has more to do with this than the date on the calendar. You watch next Feb it'll be hot and crowded!

We leave tomorrow and I am expecting crowds no matter what with Presidents day on the horizon...

I think the weather has more to do with this than the date on the calendar. You watch next Feb it'll be hot and crowded!

We leave tomorrow and I am expecting crowds no matter what with Presidents day on the horizon...

I do see more rain in the forecast, so maybe you will get lucky and have small crowds. But you are right, next year will probably be packed.

It was freezing today, and it really thinned out the crowds. Yesterday we were at DCA and it was like 105 for RSR, 45 for GOTG, 45 for Goofys Sky School, 100 for Incredicoaster.
I was shocked by how busy it was compared to September

Probably because it's cold and wet. This weather has been too cold for me lately, so I probably won't hit the parks again until it's 65 and sunny on the weekend lol.

It was freezing today, and it really thinned out the crowds. Yesterday we were at DCA and it was like 105 for RSR, 45 for GOTG, 45 for Goofys Sky School, 100 for Incredicoaster.
And the lines for the Lunar Year food booths were ridiculous!

I love when people say it is freezing. It is currently -22 F and snowing outside my house!
On the bright side, when the heat comes in the summer, I can handle it! lol Outside of random humidity, Anaheim is thankfully pretty dry. I actually enjoy going when it's warmer.

When you are used to pretty much 80 degree temps 75% of the year anything below 60* IS freezing!
Yeah once it's below 70 I have to wear a jacket, below 60, I am in a coat all day, or avoid going outside altogether lol.

Had a great time in the parks tonight, but we were wearing: thermals, jeans, wool socks and boots, turtlenecks, fleece, 600 fill down, gore-tex over that. Wool hat for me. Gloves. Wait times were short, food lines were short (we didn't try Lunar New Year today), DTD was pretty empty. I think it was in the upper 40's when we left. Some poor family was in shorts -- I felt so sorry for the kids!

Had a great time in the parks tonight, but we were wearing: thermals, jeans, wool socks and boots, turtlenecks, fleece, 600 fill down, gore-tex over that. Wool hat for me. Gloves. Wait times were short, food lines were short (we didn't try Lunar New Year today), DTD was pretty empty. I think it was in the upper 40's when we left. Some poor family was in shorts -- I felt so sorry for the kids!

They were probably Canadian...we would wear shorts in that weather...lol.

When you are used to pretty much 80 degree temps 75% of the year anything below 60* IS freezing!

Yup and when the forecast changes from what you packed for!

That may have been us! I didnt even pack pants for me, luckily we packed a couple of pairs each kid and they have been changing into them around 4 as the temp drops.

...That may have been us! I didnt even pack pants for me, luckily we packed a couple of pairs each kid and they have been changing into them around 4 as the temp drops.
Don't think it was you, unless your family has changed into an unhappy looking group of young boys! (But I did think sympathetic thoughts for you!)

Story from the Bay Area - my 5-year-old was recently wailing and moaning that it was FREEZING outside, and I told him that was simply not true, it was 9 degrees above freezing. He was NOT. AMUSED. (I was, though! I find myself hilarious, especially when my kids don't!)

Ahh yes. That's right. I forgot about the rain...!

The only thing I’ve ever found that is a reliable predictor of crowds is rain. I’ve gone on days when the Super Bowl or Oscars were on. At those times, I was reasonably confident that crowds would be low as a result. They never are. I tell people that I try to “game” Disneyland crowds. But I never can. Ever.

Out of curiosity, what does "freezing" look like in Southern California? ETA: Nevermind, I just saw the temp. LOL. Yeah, it was -38 here last week with the wind. That's -36 Fahrenheit for you Americans, lol. I'd take a rainy "cold" day at DL any day, lol.

Out of curiosity, what does "freezing" look like in Southern California? ETA: Nevermind, I just saw the temp. LOL. Yeah, it was -38 here last week with the wind. That's -36 Fahrenheit for you Americans, lol. I'd take a rainy "cold" day at DL any day, lol.
One of the problems is that people don't always take into account all the inactive time they'll be spending outside in lines or waiting for shows, parades, fireworks, etc. So you can keep pretty warm by walking briskly from ride to ride. And your adrenaline will be pumping on rides to keep you warm (and rides are heated to a certain extent -- like inside the buildings). But once you stand inactive for a while outside in the cold, especially at night as the temps are dropping, you really start to feel it -- especially if you weren't dressed appropriately for cooler weather to begin with. And if you were damp from water rides or rain and never fully dried out... oh, chilly!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!