Waited and now staying off site

Chrisan

Earning My Ears
I booked a solo trip last minute and there was nothing available within WDW so I'm staying and SpringHill Suites near Downtown Disney. It says it's five minutes from the parks. Anything I need to know about staying offsite? Any reviews of SpringHill Suites? Getting so excited about my trip!

Congratulations on your upcoming trip!

I think one of the most important differences in staying offsite is transportation to/from the parks. I don't know if Springhill Suites offers a shuttle to the parks. Even if it does, most of the offsite shuttle services I have heard about have a very limited schedule. There is always Uber/Lyft. If you have your own car there are the parking fees. Make sure you have figured out how you are going to get around.

I am also not too sure about the "5 minutes from the parks". I think driving might be more like 15 minutes to the parking lots. And of course at the MK that gets you to the TTC and then you boat or monorail to the park. Not a big deal but different from staying onsite.
Wishing you a pixiedust: visit!

I would definitely check the bus/shuttle schedule. I stayed at the Hilton Buena Vista Palace and I was surprised at how nice their busses were. They came every 30 minutes. Most places with a "shuttle" only run twice a day (once there in the morning & once back at night). If that's the case with your hotel, I would take a rideshare. It was about 15 minutes from Hilton BVP there to DHS - I don't think there's any way to get from Disney Springs to any park in 5 minutes. Or most on-property hotels for that matter, even when they're walking distance. If you can walk to Disney Springs you might be able to take a bus to/from there to the parks for free (though be aware it'll take far longer than an uber or lyft). From Hilton BVP it was about an $11 Lyft ride to get to the parks, so still cheaper than parking going there & back. Also check if it's a Good Neighbor Hotel to see if you get any of those perks. I'm not familiar with your hotel in particular. Staying off site is a great way to save money and I do it frequently!

I'm not familiar with that Springhill Suites, but I have stayed several times at the one at Flamingo Crossing. Decent breakfast if you can get there early to beat the crowds. I like the brand. I always have a car when I stay there and drive to the parks (the one I stay at has free parking and no resort fee). I would look at reviews on trip advisor to see what people say about the shuttles etc. (hope that is OK site to mention, will see if it gets removed)

Are you driving? Looks like the one you are at does have a parking fee.

The Suites in Buena Vista are about a mile north of Downtown Disney. They are a Good Neighbor hotel. I would ask for their shuttle schedule and what perks the Good Neighbor status has for you. Have fun on your trip.

Oh, thanks for all the tips. I have not heard of the good neighbor status. I won't have a car. Leaving for Disney TOMORROW!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!