Waiting for Acceptance/Rejection

valex

The Royal Nonesuch
Hey all!

So I applied for the next run of the program when the applications first opened! Since then, I’ve been a nervous wreck. I think I’ve compulsively checked my e-mail and dashboard 20 times a day since!

About how long might it take before I hear something? Should I be prepared to be nervous for months?

Hey! I hate saying this, but waiting to hear back from the DCP is one of those "hope for the best, expect the worst" type situations. Everyone moves at their own rate. I know people who applied, did their PI, and got their job offer within a week. I personally applied the day after apps came out in January, did my PI two weeks later, and didn't hear back until I got my job offer during the second week of April. I also know people who applied around the same time as I did, and didn't get their NLIC until the last day to hear back. So it's a really varied process, and yes, you could be waiting for months. I remember checking my dashboard every single time I sat down and opened my laptop, so I totally understand your frustration! I have my fingers crossed for you!

Hey all!

So I applied for the next run of the program when the applications first opened! Since then, I’ve been a nervous wreck. I think I’ve compulsively checked my e-mail and dashboard 20 times a day since!

About how long might it take before I hear something? Should I be prepared to be nervous for months?

My dd applied the day the apps opened as well. She is still waiting to hear something. She has met a group of girls on FB and they've all been chatting a ton. There are 19-20 in their group and only a few have progressed beyond being 'in submission'. I think that is pretty normal at this stage though it's really hard. My dd is very anxious to hear as well! This is her second time applying. Her first time was for the current session. She applied first day the apps opened last August and didn't get told she was 'no longer in consideration' for about 3-4 weeks.

Hey! I hate saying this, but waiting to hear back from the DCP is one of those "hope for the best, expect the worst" type situations. Everyone moves at their own rate. I know people who applied, did their PI, and got their job offer within a week. I personally applied the day after apps came out in January, did my PI two weeks later, and didn't hear back until I got my job offer during the second week of April. I also know people who applied around the same time as I did, and didn't get their NLIC until the last day to hear back. So it's a really varied process, and yes, you could be waiting for months. I remember checking my dashboard every single time I sat down and opened my laptop, so I totally understand your frustration! I have my fingers crossed for you!
Thank you so much for your response! I know I may not get in and I’m trying to not get my hopes up, but at least now I know that even if it takes months to hear back, it may not be bad news! I greatly appreciate the info, and the well wishes! :D

My dd applied the day the apps opened as well. She is still waiting to hear something. She has met a group of girls on FB and they've all been chatting a ton. There are 19-20 in their group and only a few have progressed beyond being 'in submission'. I think that is pretty normal at this stage though it's really hard. My dd is very anxious to hear as well! This is her second time applying. Her first time was for the current session. She applied first day the apps opened last August and didn't get told she was 'no longer in consideration' for about 3-4 weeks.
I’m sorry to hear she didn’t get in last session, but fingers crossed she’ll get in this time! Thank you for the info, and you inspired me to go scope out groups on Facebook so I’m not waiting alone! :D

Good Luck, I have my PI next Tuesday. This process is much less nerve-wracking than applying to graduate schools but still stressful. You got this.

Back in '16, my dd applied on the day the apps dropped, Jan 12. She was moved to the WBI within 2 hrs. She was invited to set up her PI about 2 hrs after the WBI. She set it up for the next week. She was 'in submission' until mid-Feb, then she was accepted.

Good Luck, I have my PI next Tuesday. This process is much less nerve-wracking than applying to graduate schools but still stressful. You got this.
Good luck on your phone interview! Let’s hope we’ve both got this in the bag!

Back in '16, my dd applied on the day the apps dropped, Jan 12. She was moved to the WBI within 2 hrs. She was invited to set up her PI about 2 hrs after the WBI. She set it up for the next week. She was 'in submission' until mid-Feb, then she was accepted.
I’m glad she got accepted!! I’ve heard that if you make it a full two week “in submission” after applying, that means you’re at least being considered, so I’m hoping that that’s what happens!

My dd is still sitting 'in submission' as well :( It gets so discouraging. She is in a FB group with about 30 other girls and most have either been accepted, have a PI scheduled or got a WBI today (there was a small 'puddle'). She is only one of maybe 3-4 still in submission.

I looked back and she applied first day apps opened,last August (for spring 2019), and got her NLIC email exactly 3 weeks later (never even got a WBI). She applied when they opened this time as well and today is 2 weeks.

My dd got the NLIC email yesterday. She’ll try again for the third time in aug. Good luck to others still waiting!

I just want to give a mid-cycle update; I have been waitlisted at my number two grad school, have not heard from number one or four, three outright rejected me, and I think I did well on the PI.

I am using the subreddit slang for my grad school applications. Even if I get in I am going to defer for a year to retake the entrance exam to get more scholarship money.

For DD who has not made it past Submission, has someone looked over her resume to see if there is any 'cleaning up' that could be done on it? I completely redid my resume for grad school and my application with Disney moved out of purgatory. I have been applying to the program for about three years and applying for the Professional Internships. If you want to PM me, I could give some guidance on what I did to help her.

My DD just got her acceptance yesterday, now she's weighing the pros and cons of it. I've told her to check out this board so hopefully she'll come here with questions.

Took my DD about 2 weeks to go from application to acceptance earlier this week. Definitely feeling lucky since we heard it could take until mid April to hear back. She’s attending an audition for performers next, so we’ll see where she ends up.

Took my DD about 2 weeks to go from application to acceptance earlier this week. Definitely feeling lucky since we heard it could take until mid April to hear back. She’s attending an audition for performers next, so we’ll see where she ends up.

My dd is also accepted for Fall and attending a performer audition today in NY! Good Luck to your DD.

My dd is also accepted for Fall and attending a performer audition today in NY! Good Luck to your DD.
Thank you, I hope she enjoyed the experience. My DD made it through the audition and now I guess we wait a few more weeks for all the auditions to finish up and the group meets to make their final selections. This was her first time and just hearing the words “you’re under consideration” is a dream come true.

Thank you, I hope she enjoyed the experience. My DD made it through the audition and now I guess we wait a few more weeks for all the auditions to finish up and the group meets to make their final selections. This was her first time and just hearing the words “you’re under consideration” is a dream come true.

Great - my dd made it through as well she was in NYC, her first time too for both the college program and the audition.

My dd is graduating from UD and then heading to the CP she is a figure skater. I "think" both my daughters may know your son..... ?

Great - my dd made it through as well she was in NYC, her first time too for both the college program and the audition.

My dd is graduating from UD and then heading to the CP she is a figure skater. I "think" both my daughters may know your son..... ?
Yes, I’m fairly certain that if both your daughters are skaters at UD, they know my son . He is also a huge Disney fan. My daughter graduated from Dean and this is her first time through the DCP and first time audition. It’s a small world lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts