Waiting for Points to "Load" / Populate - Resale Contract Visible -

I still don’t have my points called member services they said they don’t do that and member admin tells me it’s member services. Did click to chat no help either! Chat is telling me I have to wait 30 days for Points to populate because I bought a resale contract. Bought a grand Californian resale and deed was recorded since 12/30. The wait is so hard!
What date did you start seeing the contract on your account?

The "30 days for points to pop" will prove to be false. That cast member should really be stressing that it "may take up to" 30 days for the points to pop...which it never does. Usually 7-10 business days after the contract shows on your web-account. Some have had it pop within 4-5 days!

What date did you start seeing the contract on your account?

The "30 days for points to pop" will prove to be false. That cast member should really be stressing that it "may take up to" 30 days for the points to pop...which it never does. Usually 7-10 business days after the contract shows on your web-account. Some have had it pop within 4-5 days!
I started seeing my contract last Friday that is the 10th. So the click to chat said I have to wait 30 days even though I mentioned my contract populated on the 10th. I was hoping to be one of the lucky ones to get their points this week.

Hmmm. I did chat and simply stated literally that MA said wait a week for points to populate and if now to contact MS. it didn't so here I am contacting you as directed. Have the contract #.

Chat then put me on hold...said needed to get to a specific team, took about five minutes and came back, asked me to refresh my dashboard, and boom....it's there.

Hmmm. I did chat and simply stated literally that MA said wait a week for points to populate and if now to contact MS. it didn't so here I am contacting you as directed. Have the contract #.

Chat then put me on hold...said needed to get to a specific team, took about five minutes and came back, asked me to refresh my dashboard, and boom....it's there.
Haven’t been that lucky. I assume it depends who I chat or speak with. Hopefully points will show next week. Since they are closed next Monday I just have to stay patient. I might try again on Tuesday if points still don’t show. Fingers crossed I see the points load soon.

(Snip)
I assume it depends who I chat or speak with.
Agree it is variable depending on the particular CM in Member Services. If MS is open tomorrow, I would suggest you use @montreid’s experience that he kindly shared above. “Chat” with the CM and go through virtually every step exactly as he did. His call followed by immediate point pop may have been coincidental as opposed to causal, but you never know until you’ve tried.

(Snip)
Agree it is variable depending on the particular CM in Member Services. If MS is open tomorrow, I would suggest you use @montreid’s experience that he kindly shared above. “Chat” with the CM and go through virtually every step exactly as he did. His call followed by immediate point pop may have been coincidental as opposed to causal, but you never know until you’ve tried.
Thanks! I did a chat yesterday and call. The call said they don’t do it it’s ma that does it ms just make reservations. Did the chat was told I have to wait 30 days because I bought resale even though I told them my deed was recorded on 12/30 and contract was reflected in my account on the 10th. Just frustrating being pushed back and forth when I call by both ma and ms. Wonder if it had anything to do with the contract not being wdw resort? I’m waiting on points for vgc to load.

Thanks! I did a chat yesterday and call. The call said they don’t do it it’s ma that does it ms just make reservations. Did the chat was told I have to wait 30 days because I bought resale even though I told them my deed was recorded on 12/30 and contract was reflected in my account on the 10th. Just frustrating being pushed back and forth when I call by both ma and ms. Wonder if it had anything to do with the contract not being wdw resort? I’m waiting on points for vgc to load.
No WDW or not makes no difference. You just are getting unknowledgeable CMs at MS. You just have to call back until you get one that knows MS actually does the point loading. Also you have to wait yes because you bought resale but it isn’t a punishment thing. It’s just because they “audit” the old owners account to verify the points a step not needed for direct since the old owner is Disney. It just grows when the resale activity is high since they don’t scale the department because of seasonal demand.

They loaded my points cause I was at VGC and was asking specifically for guidance on a timeline since the 7 month window was opening up for VGC and wouldn’t be able to make a reservation after that point (the points would then expire). The MS agent called the right department (in MS, it’s the back office) and said he got the points loaded and made my reservation.

I’d personally focus on just getting them to call and see an estimate on the time. Maybe they will pixie-dust you but it isn’t something they have to or should do. I was shocked when they did it for me and didn’t think they would.

These are two great reasons to provide the next MS CM you chat with (aka adopt as your own):
MA said wait a week for points to populate and if now to contact MS.
was asking specifically for guidance on a timeline since the 7 month window was opening up for VGC and wouldn’t be able to make a reservation after that point (the points would then expire).

Finally after speaking with 5 or 6 different folks from ms and 3 from ma. I got an ms that called back office to get my points populated. I guess it’s truly the pick of the draw if I am lucky enough to get one that will actually go the extra mile. Thank you everyone for all your suggestions! I can finally make a vgc reservation without stressing at the 7 month window.

We're still waiting for closing papers for our VGC. At least we got 50 pts AUL which we already reserved, LOL.

Our resale points populated today - which I wasn’t expecting with the holiday.

Deed recorded 12/31, and the new account number showed up on my member dashboard 1/8 (we already have points direct).

Just wanted to offer some dates since reading this thread has been very helpful to me during what seemed like a really long wait!

We're still waiting for closing papers for our VGC. At least we got 50 pts AUL which we already reserved, LOL.
I think I have enough points at wdw. Hopefully 100 point contract at vgc for my family will be sufficient. If resale price for vgc drops (although doubtful) if Disneyland dvc does happen I may be tempted to add another 100 point.

Status of contracts going through right now. Just got points loaded yesterday for the first one.

Deed Recorded: 12/31, Contract Visible: 01/13 - Points available online: 01/21/20 (only took 8 days for this one)
Deed Recorded: 01/10.... waiting for contract to show up
Deed Recorded: 01/14....waiting for contract to show up

Our deed was recorded on 1/7, Welcome Home email on 1/16 and points 6 days later on 1/22!

My closing date was 12/26/19
My deed was recorded on 1/7/20
I got an email with my activation code (and called member services to get my membership #) on 1/10/20 which just showed 0 points
My points showed up online 1/23/20 and I was able to reserve a trip!

Two contracts update:

Deed Recorded: 01/10.... active on site: 01/24...waiting for points
Deed Recorded: 01/14....active on site: 01/24... waiting for points

Funny they both showed up at the same time

My closing date was 12/26/19
My deed was recorded on 1/7/20
I got an email with my activation code (and called member services to get my membership #) on 1/10/20 which just showed 0 points
My points showed up online 1/23/20 and I was able to reserve a trip!
Who does the email come from? Just want to know what I am looking for. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!