Waitlist Advice

TigerInGa

Earning My Ears
So, I need 5 nights in a 2 bedroom, anywhere in mid-January. There are currently only 3 consecutive nights available. Am I better off to waitlist 5 nights together twice at different resorts, or book the 3 nights that I can get now, then do a waitlist for one night at the beginning of the trip, and one night at the end of the trip at the same resort? I hope that makes sense.

Book what you can and then try to get the rest by putting in a wait list and stalking the website.

A 5 night waitlist is much harder than a night or two. With being less than 2 months out, it would be very difficult.

Book what you can and then try to get the rest by putting in a wait list and stalking the website.

A 5 night waitlist is much harder than a night or two. With being less than 2 months out, it would be very difficult.

Sandi, thanks for the advice.

Do you guys find that stuff tends to pop up as the travel date gets closer (people get sick, last minute cancellations), or do the bookings become more "concrete" as it gets closer?

We were able to get 6 nights in a one bedroom. We are hoping to change to a 2 bedroom so we can bring friends.

Luckily, we are a comfortable driving distance, so we can be flexible and add a night, no problem. I know folks that are flying do not have that luxury.

Sandi, thanks for the advice.

Do you guys find that stuff tends to pop up as the travel date gets closer (people get sick, last minute cancellations), or do the bookings become more "concrete" as it gets closer?

We were able to get 6 nights in a one bedroom. We are hoping to change to a 2 bedroom so we can bring friends.

Luckily, we are a comfortable driving distance, so we can be flexible and add a night, no problem. I know folks that are flying do not have that luxury.

I think it happens lots of different ways. I was just able to get a 2 bedroom at BCV for two nights in December about 10 days ago.

There were also rooms at SSR that popped up that hadn’t been there.

When I am trying to change close to a trip, I check the website a lot. Sometimes every hour! I do this even when I have a waitlist, especially if I have a few resorts that will work,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter