Waitlist came trough for January

Robvilla123

Earning My Ears
Guys I currently have a trip scheduled for march 5-16 and my waitlist for January 16-28 came trough. I haven’t switch it yet but How is the weather , crowds, and generally Disney world during January? Should I keep March or wait? Also points for DVC costs much cheaper in January. I am taking an infant and a10 year old. Thanks!!

We went the week before MLK holiday this year and will be going the same week next year. It was great. A little cold ( for us anyway, were in South Louisiana) in the mornings and at night but a sport coat and slacks were sufficient for all day wear. Park attendance was relatively low most of the day growing as the day progressed. We enjoyed the trip greatly, in fact I think it is now our favorite time to go. The photo used as my avatar is from that trip. And yes, it is a low point period. 7 nights in an OKW studio is just 76 points.

I totally forgot about the festival. It started at the end of our last trip as it will again this time. It was interesting and there were also many great food options being offered in kiosks around world showcase.

It's one of our favorite times to go! We are a family that has sensory issues, so fewer people and overall noise is best for us. It's one of the reasons why we ended up buying at OKW versus the many other resorts we were considering. We went in June this year and I don't think we were ever so miserable, the meltdowns were relentless and we had to carry our little man everywhere so he felt secure in all the crowds (stroller went unoccupied much of the time).

Our next trip is Jan 11th - 19th, 2020! So good luck if you chose to take Jan instead of March! I don't think you'll lose out either way, though. ;)

Yes, dress in layers and prepare for anything. One trip in January it rained quite a bit during the beginning of our stay and was a little cold, then it warmed up toward the end of the trip. The heaviest thing we wore was a heavy sweatshirt + jeans, had our light rainjackets stuffed in the backpack. But the crowds were so low, it was really relaxing!!

Crowds are relatively low.

Weather is very variable. One year we lived in shorts and short sleeve shirts. Another year we were cold wearing sweatshirts over long sleeved shirts. We're from the Pocono Mountains of PA, so for us, 70 degrees or higher is swimming weather, and we don't even put on long sleeve shirts until it drops into the 40's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter