Waitlist during this weird time

I think you were lucky you called / chatted. Normally, if you do not give permission to borrow, the waitlist match is just cancelled when the CM goes to work it. They don't call. Glad you got what you wanted!

Based on my past experience managing a large customer service call center, I think the waitlist program is definitely being run . However, I don't think the CMs are working the matches unless the dates are fast approaching. The phones are very busy right now and the CMs are most likely all working phones. Working matches for dates farther in the future is a lower priority right now. At least that is how most call censer operations would work when presented with unusually heavy loads.

I agree with you. I think this is exactly how these waitlists are being handled. I am looking forward to when they start matching dates further out so maybe we will see some existing reservations drop out since a lot of people, like me, have their waitlisted stay replacing their current stay, so if I were to have a match, I would technically be holding onto 2 reservations

From my last few convos with MS, I believe the WL is up and running. Inventory as far out as January 2021 is being pulled. However, the physical matching might be behind unless you call/chat and specifically ask. I would not cancel a WL you really want without calling first.

I had a waitlist match last night. It was just for a single night and I still need one more to “fill an inside straight”. I was very surprised to get the email. I had only put the waitlist in on Sunday.

Still waiting....January 2021. Bwv standard studio....I know, a hard one. Only short 4 assorted days for a 3 week stay....waiting for the 7 month window to open my options.

I had a waitlist match last night. It was just for a single night and I still need one more to “fill an inside straight”. I was very surprised to get the email. I had only put the waitlist in on Sunday.

Out of curiosity, what was the date that matched?

While chatting with MS today about another question, I asked about a December waitlist and what do you know... it had matched! They were able to process it for me right then.

While chatting with MS today about another question, I asked about a December waitlist and what do you know... it had matched! They were able to process it for me right then.

Hmmm...I need to ask about my WL. I’ve had one for a single night in December for 2 months now at my home resort. I’ll call and ask tomorrow.

Woot! Woot! :cool1:

I filled my inside straight tonight! I’ve been refreshing all day, hoping to pick up that one last night. Stalking beat the wait list this time!

Apparently, my single night WL in December had filled. I called to check because I wanted to free up one of my WLs. I have no idea when it filled, but it never showed as available on the RAT.

Apparently, my single night WL in December had filled. I called to check because I wanted to free up one of my WLs. I have no idea when it filled, but it never showed as available on the RAT.

glad you got it, but it’s crazy sitting here wondering if it got filled. I’m short 3 nights for my trip. I have 2 waitlist on 2 single nights and continue to stalk. They need to figure out a better way, or quicker turn around when it fills.

glad you got it, but it’s crazy sitting here wondering if it got filled. I’m short 3 nights for my trip. I have 2 waitlist on 2 single nights and continue to stalk. They need to figure out a better way, or quicker turn around when it fills.

I agree. I’ve had the WL running for a couple of months. I just decided to call today and check on it. I thought it was strange that it hadn’t matched because it was a single night. Apparently, it did match. Oh well. I’d call to check in if I was you. It’s annoying, but maybe you’ll get some good news.

I agree. I’ve had the WL running for a couple of months. I just decided to call today and check on it. I thought it was strange that it hadn’t matched because it was a single night. Apparently, it did match. Oh well. I’d call to check in if I was you. It’s annoying, but maybe you’ll get some good news.

thanks for the info. Ill give them a call.

I just had a Wait List Debacle.

We have a trip booked in August. We booked 9 nights at Boardwalk in a Garden View, and had two wait lists: Beach Club and a standard room at Boardwalk.

Last weekend, I logged in to check status and both wait lists were gone. It took me a minute to realize that my reservation was now for the standard room. I went and looked at the transaction history and noticed that my original reservation was cancelled and the Beach Club was booked. Then the Beach Club was cancelled and the standard room at Boardwalk was booked.

All on the same day.

I called Monday and after an hour on hold, was connected to DVC Customer Service, who told me that the second WL should have been cancelled when they booked the BCV reservation, but wasn't for some reason. This led to the second match on the same day. She admitted that the mistake was theirs, but that there was nothing they could do about it but put me back on the wait list.

Needless to say I am pretty angry about it. I was never notified that either Wait List had matched, though she said that emails were sent out. I did not notice the matches until the 14th (they matched on the 9th). She made it seem like she was doing me a favor by putting me back at the end of the WL.

I see a lot of WL matches coming with so many changes and talk of cancellations here and on FB DVC groups. Don’t lose hope!

Waitlist - ray of hope

* We had a 9 night stay booked for 2BR CCV in November ('20). 3 of us have AP's , 3 no tickets

We wait-listed last 3 nights at BCV/BWV - and typical me, kept stalking.

Last week saw last two nights at BWV crop up, and called member services , thinking grab the 2 nights, WL the 3rd night - easy peasy

Member services , asked us, w/o prompting - both BCV and BWV are open all 3 nights- which do you want ?

Needless to day we booked, and were happy.

Two take aways :
* Don't trust the reservation system, Member services clearly has some room to play here with availability.
* I have to believe Disney wants this time-in-history , where folks report good things about how it was handled - so hold out hope !

I will also say- even tho the 3 nights at BW/BC never showed up for us, after we moved our ressie, our CCV nights showed up right away. So
congratz to whomever got them.

My gut tells me that disney is privately allocating /holding resort rooms, to better handle the 30/50/70% capacity they will allowed to open, as things progress.

I had waitlisted the first 3 nights of a 7 night trip to CCV (studio) the last week of January ‘21. Called MS today to drop an extra night at end of booked trip & ask for help with name matching in MDE so we could book park passes. CM immediately said our 3 night waitlist had been matched & that they just hadn’t emailed yet. Seems like matching is happening but notifications are behind ... glad I persevered through multiple calls & a 55 min hold time to get all resolved. Park pass process was relatively smooth afterward too (using extended military salute tickets). Phew!

Just a data point to add. I put in a wait list request for an additional day at BCV when the news broke that Yacht and Beach would reopen Aug 24. It filled this past Tuesday. Not sure the exact number of days but it was pretty quick (less than a week to fill?) plus they actually updated my reservation to make it one continuous stay.
That’s how I found out the WL filled - I got a random email with a confirmation #!

I need to call but haven’t. I’m trying so hard to not tie up the phones because my trip is in January. I wish they would process the matched waitlist better. I was on my WL before my 7 month window open so making sure I have the home points allotted for the process. I have 3 homes so it’s a little more work making sure the wrong points don’t get grabbed.

plus, the last time I checked a month ago, the CM seemed annoyed that I was bothering her. She said “you don’t have to call, just check your dashboard”. Of course we all know differently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!