Waitlist during this weird time

Word to the wise - exercise caution when confirming WL with MS. Mine matched, I confirmed it during a call and went on. Called in today to find out the original reservation was canceled instead of just modified. So, the one that matched on WL was in danger of being canceled and points going back to 2021. After 2 1/2 hours on the phone with MS - it was resolved somewhat.

Was your waitlist to replace another reservation? Or did you set it u through MS to cancel only part of it and they almost canceled it all?

Was your waitlist to replace another reservation? Or did you set it u through MS to cancel only part of it and they almost canceled it all?
The WL was set up through MS to modify a reservation with almost the same dates, different resort. Instead of just modifying, I was told today they canceled it completely (maybe even twice?)and rebooked. I know they were having computer issues bc she put me on hold a few times and said the system froze. That may have been the issue?

Even though they may have temporarily suspended actually finalizing reservations once there is a match, the program for matching waitlists is still running. I had one match this week when it had not the week before. I found out about it by the online chat feature who told me I had a match and I could either wait or call in to have it completed. I called in and everything was completed. Interestingly, when I asked about the status of another waitlist yesterday using online chat, I was told that the online chat reps do not have access to that information. When I told her that earlier in the week, an online chat rep could see I had a match, the rep insisted they do not have access and I needed to call in.

Even though they may have temporarily suspended actually finalizing reservations once there is a match, the program for matching waitlists is still running. I had one match this week when it had not the week before. I found out about it by the online chat feature who told me I had a match and I could either wait or call in to have it completed. I called in and everything was completed. Interestingly, when I asked about the status of another waitlist yesterday using online chat, I was told that the online chat reps do not have access to that information. When I told her that earlier in the week, an online chat rep could see I had a match, the rep insisted they do not have access and I needed to call in.
I agree - I had a match too and found out when I called in to buy more OTU points.

We have BWV Garden/Pool view 1 bedroom brooked for October. We have had a waitlist for standard view for a couple of months now. I keep searching the availability for it. Today nothing was available for our dates. We decided to deactivate the waitlist. Right after deactivating the waitlist, the standard view was showing as available. I wonder if we had been matched and deactivating the waitlist released the room?

We have BWV Garden/Pool view 1 bedroom brooked for October. We have had a waitlist for standard view for a couple of months now. I keep searching the availability for it. Today nothing was available for our dates. We decided to deactivate the waitlist. Right after deactivating the waitlist, the standard view was showing as available. I wonder if we had been matched and deactivating the waitlist released the room?
Very possible. I call in now before making major changes Or deactivating a WL to be sure because of so many reports like yours.

This has happened to me a few times and I do wonder if that is what happened!

I know the w/l is grabbing rooms. I canceled my 8 nights Bwv standard studio for September the other day and none of the days went back into inventory. I’m sure I made another member or more happy. We decided we would not be comfortable traveling the remainder of this year so canceled our remaining reservation for the year. We canceled April, June, August and lastly September. All Bwv. So if you’re out there, “you’re welcome”. Of course we now have 300 banked points to use my March 31, 2021 and starting our April 2021 UY with 1300+ points....🤷‍♀️

I happened to chat with Member Services to make sure I had a waitlist set up correctly for a December trip. I got the response that "all you need to do now is sit back and wait for the new confirmation email!" Maybe that means it was matched but not yet processed? Or maybe they were just being overly positive. Fingers crossed. 😁

Hey everyone, I called Member Services this morning and I was told that the actual booking of waitlists has been on hold all of this time, but they just started back up a couple of days ago. I mentioned that I had 2 days waitlisted for a HHI resort trip at the very end of July, and she said it looks like they haven’t made it that far. She said both of my waitlists were matched, and she helped me get them booked and merged into one reservation. Hopefully others on here have as much luck!

Hey everyone, I called Member Services this morning and I was told that the actual booking of waitlists has been on hold all of this time, but they just started back up a couple of days ago. I mentioned that I had 2 days waitlisted for a HHI resort trip at the very end of July, and she said it looks like they haven’t made it that far. She said both of my waitlists were matched, and she helped me get them booked and merged into one reservation. Hopefully others on here have as much luck!

Oooo thanks for reporting that. That's exciting. Looking forward to this world getting a little back to normal, even if it is one step at a time

Congrats! Hope your trip is great!

I just had my WL for beach club at the end of August come through. I got the email so it must be up and running!

So strange... I just logged on to check availability. Looking to fill in missing days 12/3 PVB and 12/8 BLT-- both WL'ed for some time now. 12/8 was open at BLT so I booked it myself and cancelled the WL.

I chatted today with MS to change my unicorn VGC one night studio waitlist to “okay to borrow.” She’s like, oh looks like that one is matched, do you want me to book it? Uh.... yeah I do! I’d been stalking like crazy and never saw any studios pop up in the whole month. I’m thinking they were going to call me since I hadnt given the okay to borrow? But I was thrilled!

I chatted today with MS to change my unicorn VGC one night studio waitlist to “okay to borrow.” She’s like, oh looks like that one is matched, do you want me to book it? Uh.... yeah I do! I’d been stalking like crazy and never saw any studios pop up in the whole month. I’m thinking they were going to call me since I hadnt given the okay to borrow? But I was thrilled!
I think you were lucky you called / chatted. Normally, if you do not give permission to borrow, the waitlist match is just cancelled when the CM goes to work it. They don't call. Glad you got what you wanted!

Based on my past experience managing a large customer service call center, I think the waitlist program is definitely being run . However, I don't think the CMs are working the matches unless the dates are fast approaching. The phones are very busy right now and the CMs are most likely all working phones. Working matches for dates farther in the future is a lower priority right now. At least that is how most call censer operations would work when presented with unusually heavy loads.

I chatted a few days ago and neither WL were matched (1 nights) but the cm seemed annoyed and told me in the future I should check my dashboard .... ugh....I thanked her and disconnected

I assume the borrowing didn’t put you over the 50% limit?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!