Waitlist for dvc rental

thelegacy27

Mouseketeer
I just contacted David's regarding renting points at the BWV exactly 11 months away. Well they just got back to me and offered to waitlist me or refund :sad2:

I'm curious if anyone has had the waitlist come through and how long did it take? Or should I just work on a planB?

Thanks

I waitlisted for garden view at bwv. Took about a day. I basically asked them which room type I had best odds on (because I had been torn between Boardwalk and beach club), took their advice, and had a room in the next day or so.

Now, this was after trying and failing to get a standard view, but I wasn’t at 11 months.

I just contacted David's regarding renting points at the BWV exactly 11 months away. Well they just got back to me and offered to waitlist me or refund :sad2:

I'm curious if anyone has had the waitlist come through and how long did it take? Or should I just work on a planB?

Thanks
If they offered you a wait list, it's because they do not have any BWV owners with the number of points that are required for your reservation. If there was no availability for the view that you requested, they would have suggested another resort.

It may take a while for a BWV owner to contact them to offer to rent a reservation for a renter. Or it's also possible that availability for the view you requested will dry up while you wait. There are no guarantees. If staying at the BWV is important to you, I think that waiting is not such a bad idea. But there's always going the private route. There are owners on the Rent/Trade board that have points available. You could check with a BWV owner there (owners at other DVC resorts cannot book BWV until the 7-month mark).

Last edited:
If they offered you a wait list, it's because they do not have any BWV owners with the number of points that are required for your reservation. If there was no availability for the view that you requested, they would have suggested another resort.

Given that, I would suggest maybe accepting the waitlist with David's and also contacting another one of the DVC rental places to see if they have an owner who have the points you need. I suspect that most DVC owners only use one broker to rent their points, so different brokers will have access to different supply of points.

My experience with Dave's (twice) was that I got waitlisted (which I think is the rule and not the exception) and then after a couple months I got an offer. Worked out both times. I usually, however, just find someone online. More risk, I know, but it's faster.

My experience with Dave's (twice) was that I got waitlisted (which I think is the rule and not the exception) and then after a couple months I got an offer. Worked out both times. I usually, however, just find someone online. More risk, I know, but it's faster.
Oh wow, you didn't get a reply until months later? The rep I talked to today said give it 2-3wks. I guess I need to expand my timeline then

Oh wow, you didn't get a reply until months later? The rep I talked to today said give it 2-3wks. I guess I need to expand my timeline then
It's just going to depend on a BWV owner offering up their points. I will point out that with SWGE opening in late 2019, a lot of DVC owners at BWV and BCV are holding onto their points either for themselves or for higher rental rates later on. But all it's going to take is one owner. You should be near the top of the wait list for May so you have a lot going in your favor.

When I booked back in 2013 I had my reservation the next day. Same thing in 2014. However, I do believe that renting points is more popular than ever before. Hence the cost. I paid $12 a point in 2013 and $13 in 2014.

I would wait. It doesn’t hurt. I would ask if while on the waitlist you can cancel and get your deposit back.

If you are trying to book either the BW view or the standard view, you might be out of luck by the time they get an owner with BWV points. But the preferred view (Garden/Water/Pool) has the most villas of the three categories, so that should be good.

We were waitlisted for this thanksgiving at animal kingdom lodge. I wasn't going to actually go on the waitlist but then thought....why not. In about 2 weeks we got confirmation that we got the reservation!

We are hoping to rent Poly for Oct 5-12 next year. We're using Davids also and they told me to put our request in at 12 months and then once the 11 month opens up we'll be right there ready to go. Fingers crossed we get one at Poly, if not Grand Floridian is our 2nd choice.

We are hoping to rent Poly for Oct 5-12 next year. We're using Davids also and they told me to put our request in at 12 months and then once the 11 month opens up we'll be right there ready to go. Fingers crossed we get one at Poly, if not Grand Floridian is our 2nd choice.

You are a lot more likely to get Poly than VGF. Poly has 300+ studios. VGF has 47.

We booked a BWV studio a few weeks ago, I was waitlisted for about a week but the wait seemed like forever. We were requesting the week of Presidents’ Day which is a busy time and we’re lucky enough to get it.

I requested at 12 months and I was told I had to wait until 11 months. They offered to hold my deposit and hold it until the 11month mark. At 11 months, I was waitlisted for about a week or 2. Then they came back and said the BWV Preferred room was available and we booked it. We are booked for May 4th 2019 arrival.

We've used DVC rental store in the past & preferred their services over David's. They did not require an upfront deposit for reservation requests.

I think my situation was unique in the fact that I was trying to reserve 2 studios at the same time. After about 3 weeks on the waitlist I decided to just go with a private owner. May will be my first Disney trip and with everyone talking about how fast the studios book up, I got nervous lol.

I think my situation was unique in the fact that I was trying to reserve 2 studios at the same time. After about 3 weeks on the waitlist I decided to just go with a private owner. May will be my first Disney trip and with everyone talking about how fast the studios book up, I got nervous lol.
I am in the same boat you were in due to lack of owners at that resort with points. This doesn't seem to bode well if you heard nothing after 3 weeks.... I was placed on a waitlist for one BWV studio for early April, our first choice was Beach Club but it is already full. Wondering if its worth trying a different resort?

Last edited:
We requested two studios at the Boardwalk in April 2019 and waitlisted about a week. I did not mind waiting.

Is David’s the only place that offers to waitlist people? I’ve only rented though DVC Rental Store and have recently been denied three different times without any option for a waitlist.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter