Waitlist for dvc rental

Is David’s the only place that offers to waitlist people? I’ve only rented though DVC Rental Store and have recently been denied three different times without any option for a waitlist.

The term waitlist is confusing here. David's and DVC Rental Store will both deny you if the unit is not available. They will only "waitlist" you when a unit is available, but they do not have an owner with points to book it for you.

The term waitlist is confusing here. David's and DVC Rental Store will both deny you if the unit is not available. They will only "waitlist" you when a unit is available, but they do not have an owner with points to book it for you.
That explains it. Thanks!

So if David’s doesn’t have owner inventory, does anyone know if DVC Rental Store might? I would assume that David’s does a higher volume business since they’re the oldest and have a great reputation. I know it only takes 1 owner, but still wondering.

So if David’s doesn’t have owner inventory, does anyone know if DVC Rental Store might? I would assume that David’s does a higher volume business since they’re the oldest and have a great reputation. I know it only takes 1 owner, but still wondering.
David's (and every other broker) does not have "inventory". What they have is a list of owners willing to make reservations for renters. All of the brokers will have a different assortment of owners with differing amounts of points and different home resorts. But if you're told by one broker that there is no availability for your requested villa and dates, that won't change by jumping to another broker. If you're told that they can put you on a wait list, it means that they do not have an owner who can make your reservation but that they can see that at least one villa is available for your dates at the time that they are offering to put you on their wait list.

NOTE: A broker's wait list is not the same as having a DVC owner put in a wait list request. Those are two completely different things.

I’ve been fortunate with both companies, getting something I wanted everytime I have used them. From memory the longest I had to wait was a few weeks for an Aulani Reservation with all other bookings being made within a few days of the 11 month mark.

Other than Aulani, however, I did find it paid to be a bit flexible and book as early as possible, getting in touch with the rental company before the 11 month mark rolled around.

I loved AKL and both my sister and I found it reasonably easy to get due to the size. Just try not to have your heart set on the Value rooms.
A few years back, my sister managed to get BC for F&W by paying a bit more for an 11 month booking. When I was last at Epcot for F&W, I couldn’t get BC (my first choice) because there were no points holders available, however I was happy to substitute with what turned out to be an awesome studio villa at BW.
This year we will be at WDW the week before Xmas. With Xmas decorations as a priority on this trip, my top choices were either the Copper Creek villas at WL or VGF. After being told I would have more luck with Boulder Ridge, I asked them to nab me one of these bookings if they were available and even had 4th and 5th backup choices just incase. DVC Rental Store queued up an owner for me and I got Boulder Ridge right on the 11 month mark. I couldn’t be happier.

Moral of the story: Book early. Maintain some flexibility with your resort choices (If you hold firm on the likes of VGF, you may find yourself out if luck). And, if necessary, consider paying a bit more to try and nab one of the earlier, more desirable bookings.

If one company says they have no points holders, it doesn’t hurt to make queries with the other.

Lastly, if you want a huge amount of points all in one go, perhaps consider a split stay and try and get 2 seperate bookings. I could be completely wrong, but there’s a chance I’ve been lucky as all my requests have been for smaller allotments of points (studio stays of no more than 6 nights per resort).

I hope this helps.

We requested two studios at the Boardwalk in April 2019 and waitlisted about a week. I did not mind waiting.

Glad to hear you had a good experience on the waitlist, sitting there patiently for now.

I’ve been fortunate with both companies, getting something I wanted everytime I have used them. From memory the longest I had to wait was a few weeks for an Aulani Reservation with all other bookings being made within a few days of the 11 month mark.

Other than Aulani, however, I did find it paid to be a bit flexible and book as early as possible, getting in touch with the rental company before the 11 month mark rolled around.

I loved AKL and both my sister and I found it reasonably easy to get due to the size. Just try not to have your heart set on the Value rooms.
A few years back, my sister managed to get BC for F&W by paying a bit more for an 11 month booking. When I was last at Epcot for F&W, I couldn’t get BC (my first choice) because there were no points holders available, however I was happy to substitute with what turned out to be an awesome studio villa at BW.
This year we will be at WDW the week before Xmas. With Xmas decorations as a priority on this trip, my top choices were either the Copper Creek villas at WL or VGF. After being told I would have more luck with Boulder Ridge, I asked them to nab me one of these bookings if they were available and even had 4th and 5th backup choices just incase. DVC Rental Store queued up an owner for me and I got Boulder Ridge right on the 11 month mark. I couldn’t be happier.

Moral of the story: Book early. Maintain some flexibility with your resort choices (If you hold firm on the likes of VGF, you may find yourself out if luck). And, if necessary, consider paying a bit more to try and nab one of the earlier, more desirable bookings.

If one company says they have no points holders, it doesn’t hurt to make queries with the other.

Lastly, if you want a huge amount of points all in one go, perhaps consider a split stay and try and get 2 seperate bookings. I could be completely wrong, but there’s a chance I’ve been lucky as all my requests have been for smaller allotments of points (studio stays of no more than 6 nights per resort).

I hope this helps.

Yeah I dropped the ball with the 11 month mark with how crazy things have been at work. Have done stays at the Poly and GF that way with no problem at the 10/11 month mark in the past. Was trying BWV due to proximity to work conference going on at Swan and Dolphin.

I did try calling them to see if any other resorts had room availability, which most had, but of those all were waitlists for points except for Boulder Ridge, which they did have owners there with points. I have also never tried DVC rental store. Glad to hear you had a good experience with both DVC rental store and Boulder Ridge, something to consider.

We have found over the years it is harder to get reservations through both Davids and Rental store. The last couple of times we have tried in the 9-11 month mark neither company has been able to fulfill the request (BLT, BWC, BCV) for a studio and 2 bedroom villa (regardless of the view). Previously we never had an issue and usually had something booked within 2-3 days. These last couple of times we have ended up getting points privately through the boards here.

We have found over the years it is harder to get reservations through both Davids and Rental store. The last couple of times we have tried in the 9-11 month mark neither company has been able to fulfill the request (BLT, BWC, BCV) for a studio and 2 bedroom villa (regardless of the view). Previously we never had an issue and usually had something booked within 2-3 days. These last couple of times we have ended up getting points privately through the boards here.
That can be attributed to the increase in the popularity of renting. With Disney Resort rooms rising in price at a crazy rate and the lack of decent discounts, the notion of "staying Deluxe for Moderate prices" becomes more appealing. With a middleman acting on behalf of the renter, the risks are reduced for someone who is reluctant to rent directly from an owner. All of this has lead to a flood of rental requests while the number of DVC owners who are willing to rent has not kept pace with the demand.

Just to follow-up on my previous comments on this thread, happy to report I did end up securing a BWV studio after being on the waitlist for an available owner for 3 weeks. :goodvibes
That's good to hear! Next time I'll know to be more patient with the waitlist lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter