Waitlist - if it came through how long did you wait?

We're newer to DVC but have had 4 single night WLs come through fairly quickly (within a week or two) just in the last month or so. We've gotten a last minute weekend in a studio at VGC (WLs set up just a few weeks out for a trip earlier this month). We also got 2 nights, filled one at a time, for missing days in the middle of our stay at BWV this July in a 1BR (WLs set up about 3-4 months out). If you have a backup plan in place, don't lose hope since it seems like WLs can come through pretty late in the game!

I waitlisted in April for a one night at Animal Kingdom Kidani (studio) mid July and got it in one day.

One night waitlist for a studio at VGF in May came through in 2 weeks. It was created about 55 days out.:)

We became members in January of 2018 and have been very successful with waitlists so far (knock on wood)!
First waitlist was for one night (October 4, 2018 HSS Moonlight Magic). Booked waitlist 2/4/2018, waitlist came through 2/28.
On 1/15, booked Saratoga studio but waitlisted 4/13-4/17 (spring break for us) at BWV. Waitlisted both a Standard and Garden View Studio.
On 1/16, found BWV Garden View open for 4/13 and booked it. Found 4/14-4/17 BWV Garden view on 1/18 and booked it. Merged the two reservations.
I ended up cancelling both waitlists because I was short on points and wasn't sure how to modify my original waitlist to cancel the Garden BWV reservation if a standard was found.
Put in a new waitlist on 1/22 for BWV standard view studio for 4/13-4/17 to save points but felt like it was a longshot.
This morning I got an email that my waitlist came through at 29 days out and had 20 points deposited back into my account!! Unfortunately, I just realized that since it was 29 days out my 20 points savings went into holding. Guess I will need to see if I can make a quick trip back this summer!

Last edited:

I was very surprised to get July 4,5 at BCV in a studio with only a two-three week waitlist!

I'm still waiting for my final day WL to fill at BWV for a standard view villa for the end of June. I was able to piece together a 3 night stay there with two WL already fulfilled but waiting for that final day so I don't have to move to SSR for the fourth night. I did make the WL at close to six months out so I'm still hoping!

I'm still waiting for my final day WL to fill at BWV for a standard view villa for the end of June. I was able to piece together a 3 night stay there with two WL already fulfilled but waiting for that final day so I don't have to move to SSR for the fourth night. I did make the WL at close to six months out so I'm still hoping!

Yea, one of the hardest WL to get. I rarely get my one day WL when it’s for Bwv standard studio. I usually have them because we have to add a day at one end. Back in the boat again. WL for Bwv May 10th. Both standard or garden view.

Yea, one of the hardest WL to get. I rarely get my one day WL when it’s for Bwv standard studio. I usually have them because we have to add a day at one end. Back in the boat again. WL for Bwv May 10th. Both standard or garden view.

Guess I was really lucky to have two of them fulfilled already then! If we have to move for our last day, it's not the end of the world.

I got my Bwv room yesterday for the night of May 10th by stalking.... I had a waitlist for my one night for a studio, in pool view and standard view. But yesterday boardwalk view was available and I grabbed it. Since you’re limited to 2 waitlist I had to choose. Never expected Bw view to open. I kept my standard view active to save a few points.

Am doing my first ever waitlist. Do waitlist matches occur throughout the day or overnight? Should I also check availability on a daily basis as well? TIA :confused3

Any idea why some might be successful stalking in lieu of waitlisting? I'm assuming that means they have a waitlist but manage to fill it themselves but maybe not.

I waitlisted BWV and BCV at 7 months for our trip the week before easter. I just got our waitlist for a BWV studio standard view at less than 30 days from our trip! I was shocked standard view became available.

I waitlisted BWV and BCV at 7 months for our trip the week before easter. I just got our waitlist for a BWV studio standard view at less than 30 days from our trip! I was shocked standard view became available.

That’s great. How many days? I can rarely get one night at Bwv and I don’t go during holidays. Crazy. Congratulations!

We had 2 come through at around 3 weeks. We have a trip booked for end of April and had 5 hotels in 5 nights - yikes!

Included in this original reaervation(s) was one night each at GF and BW. We waitlisted 1 night ea so we now have 2 nights at GF and 2 nights at BW. Woohoo!

The BW came through last week and GF came through today.

I'm new to WL, and DVC in general, but I'm looking to add on 3 nights to the front of my AKV stay in October. I am looking for a studio that sleeps 5. I just waitlisted 3 nights at BWV standard, but now that I read some of the comments, it seems like that might be hard to get. Should I WL one at a time, or put in another request for 3 nights somewhere else? Suggestions welcome :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!