Waitlist - if it came through how long did you wait?

I'm new to WL, and DVC in general, but I'm looking to add on 3 nights to the front of my AKV stay in October. I am looking for a studio that sleeps 5. I just waitlisted 3 nights at BWV standard, but now that I read some of the comments, it seems like that might be hard to get. Should I WL one at a time, or put in another request for 3 nights somewhere else? Suggestions welcome :)

Bwv garden/pool view is the largest availability at Bwv. Standard and boardwalk view are a small portion of this resort....20% each, while garden/pool is 60% of the rooms.

Still waiting for my last day WL to fill (6/26). I currently am booked for SSR that day but have a WL for two of the hardest to get categories...AKL value studio and BWV standard studio lol. Look what I saw when I went to stalk just now. So close but so far away!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-07 at 6.32.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-07 at 6.32.33 PM.png
    381.5 KB · Views: 40
Still waiting for my last day WL to fill (6/26). I currently am booked for SSR that day but have a WL for two of the hardest to get categories...AKL value studio and BWV standard studio lol. Look what I saw when I went to stalk just now. So close but so far away!

Yea, I stalk like crazy and have also seen a few almost reservations. Been waitlisted for May 10th Bwv standard studio...one night for a while now. Also waitlisted for okw HH for June 5th.....one night. I rarely get my one night waitlist, actually almost never. I’m at okw HH studio, but my daughter and grandkids are in a OKW studio. Again only need one night, but not a deal breaker, just for convenience. Good luck! Hope you have better luck than I do.

Yea, I stalk like crazy and have also seen a few almost reservations. Been waitlisted for May 10th Bwv standard studio...one night for a while now. Also waitlisted for okw HH for June 5th.....one night. I rarely get my one night waitlist, actually almost never. I’m at okw HH studio, but my daughter and grandkids are in a OKW studio. Again only need one night, but not a deal breaker, just for convenience. Good luck! Hope you have better luck than I do.

Thanks, I'm still holding on to hope since two of my 1day WL for BWV standard studio already filled for this trip but it was definitely within the 5/6 month window. Still have a month left of the WL and then it'll be full on stalking!

im so frustrated.
Have Nov 8-17 at my home resort BVW 2 bd SV..all but the Saturday night, the 9th.
Been waitlisted for it for 3 months now. 7 month window will open soon (already people walking reservations), so may have to book with cash.

My AKL Value studio for 6/26 filled!!! So 3 nights at BWV in a standard studio and 1 night at a value studio at Jambo! Saved two points lol.

That’s great! I was going to post that my 1 night for Bwv standard studio came through yesterday. I already had bw view studio but since it was only 1 night after my cruise I figured, what the heck, waitlist and save a few points, plus I like the standard location in terms of near quiet pool and parking. This is the first waitlist I’ve gotten in years, sadly. I still have one more waitlist for June 5 at okw. I have 2 studios, one HH and the other regular. We arrive one night before going to universal studios Royal Pacific resort for our 1 night/2 days at universal studios (free express passes for 2 days and got an awesome passholder discount). Trying to get another HH studio. If not it’s all good. We get in late that night and head to universal studios first thing after breakfast. Then we come back to BWV for 8 nights.

Last edited:
we waitlisted 3 nights in early Oct for a BLT lake view studio (split into 2 waitlists - sat night and sun/mon nights) and it filled a little over 3 weeks later. I never saw the nights come up stalking, but DID seem nights around that pop in and out of availability for a couple of days before we got the email that it came through.

I waitlisted one night for my sister about 3 weeks ago. I wanted OKW studio, because for this one night she would be with a girlfriend, and each could have a real bed. Two days ago, I realized I could also waitlist “near hospitality house” and added that waitlist. THAT came through in two days!!

I am thrilled and so is DSis.

First time I ever tried to waitlist and it just came through. Had 1 night at BWV Pool/Garden and 4 nights at BWV Boardwalk View. Waitlist was for 1 night P/G --> Boardwalk. I also thought once it came through that I'd need to call and combine but they even took care of that part as well. Sweet!

(Waitlist had been active for about 1.5 months).

At 7 months, on October 5th 2018, I was only able to get 4 nights at GFV. I wait listed 2 more days and it came through on Nov 4th. So my wait was only a month, but I was doing the happy dance when I saw that it came through.

First and only time waitlisting was for my upcoming August trip, wanted to switch to a Standard View Studio at VGF. We put ourselves on the waitlist as soon as our 7-month window opened and 6 days later, it came through.

We just had a 4 night waitlist get approved for October at the Polynesian. Last I had checked the entire month was booked but after being on the wait list for exactly 1 month those 4 nights became available.

I have 2 waitlists for a 3 day late October stay - found a 2 day and 1 day at the Poly to make the 3 in the last 24 hours by stalking! I really think that if you have the time to stalk you can piece together a hard to get reservation.

My AKL Value studio for 6/26 filled!!! So 3 nights at BWV in a standard studio and 1 night at a value studio at Jambo! Saved two points lol.

I have a one-night Value studio for 2/15/2020 that's been in place since 3/17 and hasn't filled yet. I got 7 nights in a value (2/16 - 2/23) but am missing my first night, so I have a standard booked for the one night just in case. I don't care about the 4 points as much as not having to change rooms. I've also been stalking 2-3 times a day to no avail.

So, I only have one good waitlist story. We wanted to go out to the Grand Californian in 2016. I wanted three nights so I waitlisted one night with one of my waitlists and two nights with the other, both right at seven months. The one night came through about 45 days before the trip. Then the last two nights came through at 32 days before the trip.

I have a one-night Value studio for 2/15/2020 that's been in place since 3/17 and hasn't filled yet. I got 7 nights in a value (2/16 - 2/23) but am missing my first night, so I have a standard booked for the one night just in case. I don't care about the 4 points as much as not having to change rooms. I've also been stalking 2-3 times a day to no avail.

So, I only have one good waitlist story. We wanted to go out to the Grand Californian in 2016. I wanted three nights so I waitlisted one night with one of my waitlists and two nights with the other, both right at seven months. The one night came through about 45 days before the trip. Then the last two nights came through at 32 days before the trip.

I'm actually amazed at the amount of availability that pops up for the value studio at AKL...at least for June and July this summer. Theres been a couple of instances where 2-4 days stretches opened up but wasn't what I needed since we want to stay at BWV for most of our trip. I have to stay that I've been pleasantly surprised that my 1 day WLs for standard studios at BWV has been pretty successful especially since I booked after the 7 month window when we decided to squeeze one last trip out of our APs. What helps is that we don't go for long trips, usually 4 nights. We decided to WL a BWV standard studio for the 26th again since we decided we might not be able to use those 2 points in the future and would hate to waste it. I left it until 7 days until check-in so hoping I will be lucky like you and it will fill or I find it when I stalk!

Getting 3 WLs filled at Grand Californian is like hitting the jackpot. How awesome that feeling must've been when you got notice of it!

We just had a one night BWV standard studio waitlist come through for 11/3-4. I waitlisted it back in December. I had the first 3 nights booked in a standard studio and the last night in boardwalk view. Now I don’t have to change rooms.

I should add that I have stalked the Dvc site and this night never came appeared.

I’ve had very good success with the waitlist with most of them getting filled. I tend to waitlist a night or two rather than full weeks.

We had AKL Jambo studio waitlists filled last week.
I had waitlisted both 11-2 and 11-3 as separate requests(wine and dine race weekend). Saturday came through early last week, Sunday came through over the weekend. I had been stalking and never saw the dates open. We own at AKL and had the waitlist requests around 2 months.

First WL ever. 3 nights at poly in oct. Already have 6 nights AKLK but wanted split stay. Put in a month ago. Set it and forget it. Email popped up saying we got it
Credit the points back in as AKL is 1bdrm. Very impressed and glad. Will try again but never expect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!