Waitlist likelihood at VGC in June--one night only

jodybird511

DIS Veteran
Hi All,

I know no one can really predict, but what the heck would I do with my time if I didn't obsess about Disney? So we have a trip to Aulani planned in late June and just decided this past weekend that we will stop over for one night/two days at Disneyland. Of course, there is no availability at VGC, so we booked at one of the good neighbor hotels. This morning, however, I realized I could still go ahead and waitlist for VGC, b/c....welp, nothing to lose! Anyway, we're looking for a studio on Sunday, June 21. I know the likelihood is slim, as VGC is so small, and we're at about 5 months out, but thinking maybe since it's just one night, there might be a chance? Feel free to dash my hopes--like I said, there's nothing to lose.

Hi All,

I know no one can really predict, but what the heck would I do with my time if I didn't obsess about Disney? So we have a trip to Aulani planned in late June and just decided this past weekend that we will stop over for one night/two days at Disneyland. Of course, there is no availability at VGC, so we booked at one of the good neighbor hotels. This morning, however, I realized I could still go ahead and waitlist for VGC, b/c....welp, nothing to lose! Anyway, we're looking for a studio on Sunday, June 21. I know the likelihood is slim, as VGC is so small, and we're at about 5 months out, but thinking maybe since it's just one night, there might be a chance? Feel free to dash my hopes--like I said, there's nothing to lose.

I think you have a good chance. For October 2018, I had a waitlist for 5 nights in a studio, Sunday to Thursday. I also had a cash reservation at Paradise Pier. Around mid August, I noticed that DCA was open until midnight on Friday night. I was planning to go to an airport hotel that night. So I waitlisted Friday night, came through within a couple weeks. I cancelled the 5 night waitlist, knowing it was unlikely plus I used points for another trip. Then I thought, maybe I will try for Thursday night, waitlisted and came through in a couple weeks. Then I thought I would try Wednesday. Came though about 28 days before checkin. I stopped there because I was out of points. Called Member Services and they combined the reservations. Shortening the Paradise Pier reservation became an issue, they didn't want to change it because of no current availability but I finally got them to do it.

Good Luck!

I had a 1-night waitlist for a Thursday (12/12/19) at VGC that came through around 11/1. It's definitely possible!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!