Waitlist Not Coming Through

diaman

Mouseketeer
Hi,
I've noticed that most people on this board has had good luck with the waitlist. I've have not seen anyone post about the waitlist not coming though. Has anyone had the waitlist not come through? And what do you do?

I have been fortunate enough to have the waitlist work for me. However, while I'm waiting, I book at another resort (either with points, or cash thru CRO). This way, I'll have a place to stay if the list does not come through.

We've had the wait list come through, but we've also not had the wait list come through. When we've had it come through, it's usually been for shorter trips... the one time it didn't come through was when we were looking for a week in a VWL 2br.

Lisa

one time we needed an additional day in a 2 bedroom over christmas....

it had not come through and we were ready to pay cash to the extra night....

but when we got there i asked if there was the possibility of gettint that extra night on points.....the CM went in the back for a few minutes and when she came back out .....we had our extra night on points.....

so there must be some "wiggle" with respect to "rooms".....hmmmmmm.....where have we heard that term "wiggle room" lately......=))

lawgs,

Are you saying that a DVC resort can have rooms available, but only for cash and not points? I am confused...

Is this a common procedure with DVC?

:confused:

Mickbee
When a DVC resort sells out..as in BWV and OKW, DVC always retains 4% of the villas. They can make these available for rent. Also some members surrender points to DVC for trade to other resorts. DVC rents those.

Thanks Bill.

I would have thought they would re-release them for the members. Shows how green I am.

Again, thanks.

I tried to make my first reservations as a member for BWV trip in May of 2000 in January for a 2BR. BWV was booked so I took OKW and asked for a waitlist for BWV, it never came though, but that's OK, OKW was very nice and we're going back again in October.

We made our reservation 10 1/2 months in advance for this New Years and we are still on the waiting list for 12/30 and 12/31 at BWV. Problem is we bought airline tickets on sale this week and can't wait until the end of November for it to clear because we might lose our chance to use points at one of the hotels. Don't want to pay cash- that's why we bought DVC! And once points are transferred to hotel ressies you can not put them back into DVC. Anybody got some pixie dust??;)

Don't want to pay cash- that's why we bought DVC! And once points are transferred to hotel ressies you can not put them back into DVC. Anybody got some pixie dust??

I would go ahead and make a back-up reservation with cash somewhere for those dates. Better safe than sorry.

I happen to think that you will pop off the waitlist as people's plans change. I'm crossing my fingers for you and my friend who put himself on the WL a couple of months after you. I told him to call, but he didn't listen to me. *sigh*

While there may always be some disappointment with DVC reservations, the wait-list does work effectively. Sometimes you won't find out until shortly before your travel dates- this is one area where flexibility is an important aspect.

I've always found it best to use the automatic feature of the wait-list, where MS will automatically reserve the dates for you instead of having to confirm with you by phone. We have ALWAYS been able to get our reservations this way- but a few times it hasn't come thru until shortly before we were going to travel.

It depends on your patience, perseverance....and a little bit of dust*****!

Good Luck!

Doc...
I have a question for you...
I am currently on a waitlist for BWV but have taken a reservation at VWL with my allotment of points. I asked that I be automaticly given the BWV should they come through....Will member services cancel the VWL ressies automaticly?:confused:

We were on the wait list for a couple of months, when I saw on this forum that maryanndvc got her wait list. I called MS and then said nothing yet. Just a few weeks later, we got the call and got our room. I would suggest calling them if you haven't already and see if they helps to expedite things a bit. Good Luck.

Will member services cancel the VWL ressies automaticly?

They should do that, but if there is any doubt once you receive the confirmation, I would call and check. They have always done that for us in the past.

Good Luck!

Since we just recently purchased DVC (February), and this coming trip (November) is our first trip, and since I waited 5 1/2 months on the waitlist and didn't hear anything, and since I decided to call MS just to check on things and she told me that yes, it did come through and that it must have been that day :confused: (quite the coincidence), I don't think I will ever, in the future, just wait for them to call me.

I could just scream! I gave MS my home and cell phone # for WL. I didn't use auto confirm because i need to cancel another ressie to have enough points (didn't want to have them borrow some before i figure out one to cancel). Anyway today(Sat) I turn on my cell phone and there is a message on from Thursday (mind you I have had the phone on Thursday and Friday). It is a message from MS telling me one of my WL cleared and I had until 5:30 p.m. Friday to call back. I have had a huge problem with Verizon giving me messages 2-3 days after they are sent. They left no message on my home phone - I told them to phone both. So I hope I didn't miss something great like all my nights clearing at once. Does anyone think I will have a chance if I call first thing mon am? Since they close at 5:30 Fri for the weekend, will I be off the WL anyway or will the change happen Monday? NEED LOTS OF PIXIE DUST!! (I am cancelling all my March ressie and putting everything on auto confirm!!!)Thanks for listening!!

Ugh! How frustrating! I know nothing about this whole waitlist thing except for my own experience, so I can't give you any advice except to call Monday. But...I thought they were open on Saturday...did I get that wrong?

I've been complaining to my DH about my cell phone too! Out of the blue, it shows that a call has come through, even though I've had it with me, and then the call is from some previous day. Very aggravating.

Good luck!!!

I have been on wait list for BWV for just 2 nights in Oct for a studio--have room at OKW, but want to try BWV. I have called and nothing has cleared yet. I have it set to automatically cancel OKW and use BWV reservation if it becomes available. Guess the point I am making is that I have called several times and it has not come thru, so calling doesn't seem to make a difference, except in satisfying the curiosity factor. I am not a very patient person--like to have everything taken care of, so the waiting drives me crazy.

MaryAnn,
When we went down to BWV last July, I wanted to switch my points around so that I was using my oldest points (MS should have done that automatically, but they didn't). Because there was a huge waitllist, they couldn't rearrange any of my points, since my ressie would have automatically gone back to those who were on the waitlist, even though this would not have been a new ressie. In order to get things accomplished I had to talk to a supervisor way up on the importance scale, and get my points done manually. This was 28 days before departure, so I do know that those rooms do sometimes go to the waitlist. By the way, the only time my waitlist request did not go thru was when I had requested a grand villa at OKW:p

I too am having waitlist anxiety. I currently have a 1 brm for Thanksgiving week. Now my parents are joining us and we need either a 2 brm or keep the 1 brm and get a studio. I am on the wait list for both and both standard and preferred views. So far no luck. Hopefully, as we get closer to my dates something will free up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter