Waitlist Plan-two nights or one night at time?

k_hase

Mouseketeer
We've just decided to take a side trip to Disney for two nights on Sunday, Nov 10 to Tuesday, Nov 12. Two nights. I put in two waitlists for studios, one for AKV Jambo standard view, and one for BWV value (this is a long shot, I know).

But now I'm wondering if I should put in two for AKV, one for each night. Or even doing that with SSR or OKW, trying to improve my odds for getting any room!

Thoughts? I've usually gotten my waitlists, but I've also put them in much sooner than this.

(or maybe, just maybe, one of you, is planning to cancel and we could slide into your space....)

I was able to cobble a three night stay in a standard BWV studio for June well into the 6 month window. I was able to book the first night because it was open and then WL the 2nd and third night separately. The third night filled about a week in and then the 2nd night filled about a month in. We are actually staying for four nights so my fourth night is currently at a value studio at Jambo but I've had a WL in on that last night for a while. Haven't been filled and at this point, I only have seven nights left on the WL and I've also stalked religiously but no cigar. It's rare to see two nights back to back open up for standard view so I think 2 or more day WLs will fill at a lower rate.

I switched it. One night waitlist and one night waitlist, both at Jambo. I just want a room!!

And now it's not available....
When I searched all I saw was a grand villa available. Obviously it’s your points and choice, but if you are worried you won’t have any place to stay you are better off waitlisting categories with larger number of rooms in them. Beggars can’t be choosers, as the saying goes.

Depending on your use year, you can first focus on just getting a room and then once you have something try to find a lower point category room. That will not work though if you are borrowing or your banking deadline is approaching.

When I searched all I saw was a grand villa available. Obviously it’s your points and choice, but if you are worried you won’t have any place to stay you are better off waitlisting categories with larger number of rooms in them. Beggars can’t be choosers, as the saying goes.

Depending on your use year, you can first focus on just getting a room and then once you have something try to find a lower point category room. That will not work though if you are borrowing or your banking deadline is approaching.

Yeah, I don't have enough points to be not picky! I'm thinking I'll switch to a waitlist at OKW, more rooms, the points fit what I have available right now.

We are going for 10 days in August, and another 7 next February, with two bedrooms both times. I'm tapped out on points to borrow from myself and have just enough for this last minute stop (we'll be in Florida for something else). I can do 1 night in a one bedroom or 2 nights in most studios. I'd prefer the 2 nights. If we don't get it, we'll probably pay for a room at Disney Springs hotel, and 'rough it' for a day or two.

We were planning to do a trip around F&WF and see Illuminations and sit by a pool for a morning or two. Using up this little bit of points seems an ideal way.

What if you do 2 1 night wait lists and only 1 comes thru? you would have to switch rooms

I would do a waitlist for 2 nights at two different resorts. I would then keep on looking online (several times a day) to try to pick up the nights on my own. If one night became available, I would book it, and change my waitlist to just one night. Then I would continue looking for the second night on my own (I have been able to pick up a room I'm waitlisting a few times before it gets matched with my waitlist--most recently just a two days ago when I got a standard studio for one night at the Polynesian even though I had my waitlist).

Inventory changes all the time, so take a peek whenever you have a few minutes, and you can probably piece together a 2 night stay. I pieced together a 3 night stay at BLT and a 4 night stay at CC by doing this in the past couple of years.

Just to give you an idea of how much inventory changes, in the past month, I changed what was originally a one night stay in September at OKW to the BC stay to a Poly lake view to a Poly standard (and I know I saw GF, BLT lake and standard view, SSR, and at least two views at Kidani for that same night).

So, if you don't mind putting in a little work, waitlist two, but try to piece it together a night at a time. You'll get something for two nights :)

What if you do 2 1 night wait lists and only 1 comes thru? you would have to switch rooms

I'll pay cash for a room off site. I know that it's a possibility, but the alternative is going back to NY on Sunday afternoon and I'd like to stay in Florida a little long. If neither night works, we'll stay at Disney Springs hotel.

I would do a waitlist for 2 nights at two different resorts. I would then keep on looking online (several times a day) to try to pick up the nights on my own. If one night became available, I would book it, and change my waitlist to just one night. Then I would continue looking for the second night on my own (I have been able to pick up a room I'm waitlisting a few times before it gets matched with my waitlist--most recently just a two days ago when I got a standard studio for one night at the Polynesian even though I had my waitlist).

Inventory changes all the time, so take a peek whenever you have a few minutes, and you can probably piece together a 2 night stay. I pieced together a 3 night stay at BLT and a 4 night stay at CC by doing this in the past couple of years.

Just to give you an idea of how much inventory changes, in the past month, I changed what was originally a one night stay in September at OKW to the BC stay to a Poly lake view to a Poly standard (and I know I saw GF, BLT lake and standard view, SSR, and at least two views at Kidani for that same night).

So, if you don't mind putting in a little work, waitlist two, but try to piece it together a night at a time. You'll get something for two nights :)

Thanks. I think I'll switch back to 2 nights at Jambo (my top choice) and then 2 nights at SSR or OKW (more inventory and the right points). I've been looking in the morning and evening but it's harder during the day. But I know that you can find stuff by just being persistent. It's a holiday weekend, so I also know it's harder.

Update and a Question!

So I have two nights waitlisted, as two separate nights AKV Jambo.

Through the random searching suggested, I grabbed one night at SSR. So I've got one night, not at my preferred location, but a night none the less.

I tried to modify my existing waitlist to have it take the place of the SSR night but there is not option to do so. I've since learned that if you make the waitlist first, before you book a room, you don't get that button to click.

I'm planning on calling in the AM, but wondered if this would automatically take the place of my SSR reservation or would it just give me another reservation for that night?

My husband would greatly prefer to stay at AKV, I suppose I would too, but I think it's more likely that I'd get the SSR room to fill my two nights and I'm tempted to just make that waitlist...

Thanks. I think I'll switch back to 2 nights at Jambo (my top choice) and then 2 nights at SSR or OKW (more inventory and the right points). I've been looking in the morning and evening but it's harder during the day. But I know that you can find stuff by just being persistent. It's a holiday weekend, so I also know it's harder.
Is there a reason you don't want to waitlist Kidani? They have almost twice the amount of standard view studios that Jambo has, 60 vs 34.

Is there a reason you don't want to waitlist Kidani? They have almost twice the amount of standard view studios that Jambo has, 60 vs 34.
b/c the standard view at Kidani is worse than Jambo in most cases. I don't have enough points for a Savannah view right now, as this was an unexpected trip. I'd rather stay at SSR than look at the bus loop at Kidani.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!