Waitlist questions/Cabins

ebenmax

DIS Veteran
Our family is on the waitlist for a CC cabin
for 1/1/20. We have the next 2 nights booked.
My question is when does the DVC “system” update? Should I be checking every morning at 8:00 am before MS opens to see if I can snag the room myself?
Also, if the waitlist does come through, is it likely we will be able to stay in the same cabin all 3 nights? I plan to link the reservations.

Thanks tons!

My question is when does the DVC “system” update? Should I be checking every morning at 8:00 am before MS opens to see if I can snag the room myself?
Also, if the waitlist does come through, is it likely we will be able to stay in the same cabin all 3 nights? I plan to link the reservations.

Thanks tons!
So the waitlist appears to run sporadically by all counts on the boards. So I would absolutely be checking a couple times throughout the day to see if it opens and grab it yourself if you see it. A computer does match the waitlist and MS just does the finalization. So if the match happens when MS is closed it still pulls it out of inventory until MS opens to finalize the waitlist. Also the availability system updates continuously throughout the day.

As for linking the reservation, if all nights are booked under the same member ID you can ask them to combine the reservation and it will be 1 single reservation number. In fact if the waitlist comes through you have a good chance that MS will do this for you but sometimes they don’t.

Ahhhh. I had a cabin for 1/1-1/4 of this past year. It was magical :) Good luck!

I waitlisted two nights to bookend a single night in Dec. The first night came through first and I got an email telling me my reservation was now two nights long. The following week, the third night came through and I got another email telling me my reservation was now three nights long. The first email I got came around 7pm. The second one came around 5:15PM.

Thanks tons!

There isn't any single time that cancelled rooms are available. You can try and check periodically anytime of the day or else rely on the waitlist to match it for you if someone does cancel.

canceled rooms can happen at anytime so the room will become available at anytime. Yes if a waitlist comes through you will get to stay in the same cabin.

Thank you for the information and pixie dust!
Since I already have a waitlist, wouldn’t the computer system automatically snag any cancellations before I could? In other words, how would I be able to see a cancellation before the system does? Or does MS have their cast members physically watching for them and not an match through a computer system?
Hope that makes sense! Thanks again!

Thank you for the information and pixie dust!
Since I already have a waitlist, wouldn’t the computer system automatically snag any cancellations before I could? In other words, how would I be able to see a cancellation before the system does? Or does MS have their cast members physically watching for them and not an match through a computer system?
Hope that makes sense! Thanks again!
The computer does check but by all counts it’s not 24/7 but random. Once checked it removes the room from inventory and MS manually reserves the room, could be hours later. So it’s possible you could beat the computer.

Ahhhh. I had a cabin for 1/1-1/4 of this past year. It was magical :) Good luck!
They sound wonderful! I’m happy you enjoyed your stay so much!
If my waitlist doesn’t come through, are the cabins worth an extra move in the middle of my already split stay?
This is how it currently looks.
BCV - 4 nights
BRV - 1 night (waiting for cabin)
CCC - 2 nights
Thanks!!!

They sound wonderful! I’m happy you enjoyed your stay so much!
If my waitlist doesn’t come through, are the cabins worth an extra move in the middle of my already split stay?
This is how it currently looks.
BCV - 4 nights
BRV - 1 night (waiting for cabin)
CCC - 2 nights
Thanks!!!

So the alternative would be leaving after the BRV or extending the stay there? No availability at BCV, I'm assuming? My personal opinion on the cabin was that it was worth the 87/points/night that I paid for it in low season. I would not even consider a stay of less than 2 nights, since on our first day we didn't even get into cabin until after 6pm (I checked in at 9 am btw- was also a split stay situation). I'm glad we did a few nights, so we got to settle in and really enjoy it. I would keep checking the RAT to see if you can fill your own waitlist :)

I would check whenever you have a few minutes. At least two or three times, I have picked up the room I was looking for before it was matched to my waitlist (most recently just two days ago for a standard studio at the Poly).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!