Waitlist vs. Stalking questions

TigerInGa

Earning My Ears
Question #1. Is it possible to see availability for the exact same thing on your waitlist while stalking, or would the system "grab" it automatically before it goes back into inventory? I could have sworn I saw what I wanted a couple hours ago that matched my waitlist. By the time I refreshed, it was gone. Could be my mind playing tricks on me.

Question #2. How do you get a room via stalking without cancelling your other reservation first (this assumes you've used all your available points to book what you currently have)? My fear is that when I see what I want, by the time I cancel my standing reservation and go back to book it, it will be gone. I'm "skeeered" as we say here in the South.

#2 Can happen. I wouldn’t cancel what I have unless I actually tried to book it and it was available. Even then you could lose it, if it has been picked up.

#1. It is possible that the waitlist picked up your date, but it has not been given to you yet. This has been reported to have happened. I think you can do CHAT with member service to see if you have a waitlist that has not been cleared, but the room is put aside for you.

I hope you get what you want!

So the waitlist may have matched to you OP. They now can take up to a week before they have it booked for you and send you the e-mail (they hold it and then have to manually book). Or some other member may have grabbed it. I saw my waitlist available last night and booked it. Then I cancelled my waitlist. But I didn't need to cancel a resie to book (just added a night by modifying). And what you could do is modify your existing resie too. If you go to your dashboard and click the resie you have and then click to modify and do the search from there (when you are checking to see if available). If what you want IS available then modify to it. If it is still not available, just close out of the member site. Once you do book what you want, then cancel the waitlist.

So the waitlist may have matched to you OP. They now can take up to a week before they have it booked for you and send you the e-mail (they hold it and then have to manually book). Or some other member may have grabbed it. I saw my waitlist available last night and booked it. Then I cancelled my waitlist. But I didn't need to cancel a resie to book (just added a night by modifying). And what you could do is modify your existing resie too. If you go to your dashboard and click the resie you have and then click to modify and do the search from there (when you are checking to see if available). If what you want IS available then modify to it. If it is still not available, just close out of the member site. Once you do book what you want, then cancel the waitlist.

This sounds like the trick I was looking for. How to turn my current reservation into what I am stalking without cancelling it first. Awesome advice everyone (as always)! Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Yes, you can see what you want, even when you have a waitlist. I have several times. If it disappeared that fast, it very well have been grabbed for someone’s waitlist. This happened to me a few weeks ago!

When I have a waitlist in place, and I want to stalk, I go in and hit modify for my current reservation. Then I search. What you have booked will still show available but so will other choices. If you see what you want, you book it and it replaces your current reservstion,

It is one of the best aspects of online, because it allows you to change without risk. If toy don’t see anything to change to, just go back to the main screen.

This worked! I was able to get 4 consecutive nights in a 2 bedroom next month at SSR! Thank you so much for the tips. Now I have waitlists working to add a day at both ends of the reservation. Hopefully another night will pop up. Soooo excited!

One thing many people aren't aware of, they have changed the software so if another room is available to replace your current reservation, you can just choose "modify reservation" and you can book a different room without fear of losing your original room. It's a nice change. This of course only helps if you are replacing the entire reservation , not a part of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts