Waitlist Watch

I don’t think they are matching (at least on any regular basis). I was wait listed for a BWV Pool/Garden View Studio Sept 5-7 for Labour Day weekend. Logged in today, and my wait listed room category showed as being available (but my wait list request was still outstanding). Booked the room and cancelled the wait list.

Thank you. I was just checking the DVC Member website for availability for December 2020, but I got an error page. I wonder if they are disabling the DVC resort check for availability app has been frozen, too?
I get that also and hit the back button(not the refresh button) This works for me and I use Firefox..smjj

Waitlist matching is reportedly “frozen” for the time being from what MS has advised over the past 5 days on multiple calls. I’m told inventory is being held but the actual matching is not being done. So, if anyone calls in over the next few days/weeks and gets confirmation of a match, would you kindly let us know? TIA!!!
That must explain my waitlist also. I am waiting for a Oct. waitlist for Kidani to come through..smjj..ºoº

That must explain my waitlist also. I am waiting for a Oct. waitlist for Kidani to come through..smjj..ºoº
Have you tried calling? It might take a few tries but, it paid off for me. Good Luck! Love Kidani!

Have you tried calling? It might take a few tries but, it paid off for me. Good Luck! Love Kidani!
Yes, 2 times actually but it has been a while so maybe I will call again. I think maybe besides the timing it might be we are asking for 7 nights where we usually as for 5 to 6..smjj

I'm waiting on a September WL. I haven't checked myself lately but will now. I had no idea the WL matching was frozen.

Thanks everyone for the waitlist updates :thanks: I have a couple of waitlists for the very end of November/beginning of December but I am not relying on them getting matched so I obsessively check availability multiple time a day :rolleyes1

I will say that I stalked and stalked and stalked -and I got my 6 nights @ CCV by looking each morning at 8am and throughout the day - within a 2 week time period I first booked 3 of the 6 nights I needed from Dec. 17-23rd and then on a Saturday morning at 7:30am I found the other 3 nights and then called MS and had them combine my 3 reservations into 1 - and this was all a week BEFORE my 7month window!!

I have also heard that auto WL matching is closed while the parks are closed and someone mentioned I should start looking so I turned "looking" into "stalking" and it WORKED!!!

If I can get 6 nights at CCV at Christmas then anyone can!!

Thanks everyone for the waitlist updates :thanks: I have a couple of waitlists for the very end of November/beginning of December but I am not relying on them getting matched so I obsessively check availability multiple time a day :rolleyes1
Funny timing but my stalking just paid off and I was able to book one of my waitlists on my own :goodvibes

I have been stalking my wait list for Nov at AKV 2br and finally got my room booked. Yesterday there was huge influx of availability. Lucky I have been checking 5 times a day because my waitlist did not reserve the room.

So I had a waitlist for VGC in July come through yesterday. I was already booked for 7/15-7/17 (at all months with my VGC points), but since I had a few banked AKV points available, i put in a waitlist probably 2-3 months ago for the night of 7/14 or 7/18 to add onto the reservation and to use up those banked points. Based on what I heard about the waitlist being closed, I was kind of shocked when the email came through yesterday. Honestly, I am sure it will be cancelled though since there is no way Disneyland will be open in July.

So I had a waitlist for VGC in July come through yesterday. I was already booked for 7/15-7/17 (at all months with my VGC points), but since I had a few banked AKV points available, i put in a waitlist probably 2-3 months ago for the night of 7/14 or 7/18 to add onto the reservation and to use up those banked points. Based on what I heard about the waitlist being closed, I was kind of shocked when the email came through yesterday. Honestly, I am sure it will be cancelled though since there is no way Disneyland will be open in July.

That's so interesting! Thanks for sharing!

Giant update: I after reading of others I called today on our waitlist. It had gone thru BUT had not yet been processed due to a backlog(even though this was the automated system). She said they still needed to confirm points to borrowed did not conflict with the temporary 50% rule. We are grandfather in but still need to confirm this. She said this could take up to 3 weeks to do but since she had me on the phone she got authorization to do it then. I just checked and sure enough our Oct. reservation now has us at Kidiani Village 2 bedroom savanna view...ºoº ...smjj

Giant update: I after reading of others I called today on our waitlist. It had gone thru BUT had not yet been processed due to a backlog(even though this was the automated system). She said they still needed to confirm points to borrowed did not conflict with the temporary 50% rule. We are grandfather in but still need to confirm this. She said this could take up to 3 weeks to do but since she had me on the phone she got authorization to do it then. I just checked and sure enough our Oct. reservation now has us at Kidiani Village 2 bedroom savanna view...ºoº ...smjj
Yay!!! Congrats!

Our waitlist came through for BCV overnight! Nice surprise to wake up to! It's a new reservation number which makes me a little nervous since when we originally made our BWV reservation at 11 months we did borrow slightly more than half (2 points over I believe) but I assume it's fine since it was done back in October.

Our waitlist came through for BCV overnight! Nice surprise to wake up to! It's a new reservation number which makes me a little nervous since when we originally made our BWV reservation at 11 months we did borrow slightly more than half (2 points over I believe) but I assume it's fine since it was done back in October.

That's great! You should be completely fine, because you were grandfathered in. What are the dates of your trip? They seem to be going in date order so I am curious to see where they are at.

That's great! You should be completely fine, because you were grandfathered in. What are the dates of your trip? They seem to be going in date order so I am curious to see where they are at.
September 12-16. (then switching to Kidani til the 20th) We've been planning this trip for almost 2 years so really praying things are normalish (thankfully my kids are a bit older and care little about character meets) and NO HURRICANE!

and someone mentioned I should start looking so I turned "looking" into "stalking" and it WORKED!!!

I laughed when I read this part since that was me with a Nintendo Switch console. I started out casually looking for the regular console which apparently had completely sold out everywhere due to the pandemic, then became obsessed and started stalking multiple websites several times a day for re-stocks and it WORKED!!!

this may not be the appropriate forum, but what are the chances of getting a waitlist for Kidani 2 bedroom in October (7-12). I waitlisted a 2 bedroom lockoff savannah view, but at this point don't care if is standard or savannah, lock off or not. I just want a two bedroom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter