Waitlisted

Fantasia Sam

I've been here so much longer!
I'm wait listed for the Boardwalk or BCV for Sunday 14th to Friday 19th December for a studio - what do you think my chances are ?

Hi Sam, following our small problem with banked points not being used (not really a problem but more off a niggle ..) I thought we could change either part of this next trip to a one bedroom.

Started with BCV and then VWL and was told, in a nice way, no availability and not really to bother waitlisting as that time is the busy time for dvc. (we are booked 27th nov for bcv then move to vwl around the 2nd or 3rd of dec)

Then decided to take a couple of days of the beginning or end of bcv and turn them into the GF or poly, still no joy .... so it looks like another long weekend in jan.

The spare points we have are just enough for a thurs to mon at OKW .( what a coincidence ;) )

...... so we didn't succeed, but I don't know what it will be like later on in December.

Hope it works for you.

David :D

Do you have anything booked as a back-up in case the waitlist doesn't come through?

If you haven't tried OKW, it may be worth asking as this is the biggest resort (and therefore maybe easier to book). Then, if BWV or BCV don't materialise, you'll still have something up your sleeve. But of course, I know how much you love the Boardwalk area........... :(

Fingers crossed for you ::MinnieMo

Hi Sam,
We are also on the waitlist (31/12-1/1 inc.) but we have put our names down for all 4 DVC sites.We have got alternative accomodation if this doesn't come off but as we are hoping to spend NYE at Epcot we thought it would be nice to be onsite.I'm hoping that some "local" DVC'ers might book the Xmas/New Year period "just in case" and cancel if they change their mind.I would have thought your chances may be fairly good as the dates you want are not in the Xmas/New Year week and my experience is this a lot less busy.
Good Luck.

Mick.

:smooth:

I agree w/Hilary. Deffinitely put your name at OKW as well. If you do not here by the end of deadline , keep calling daily....I hope it is toll free for you guys! It is a busy time for members as the points are low....but things do happen and people do cancel.

Wow....how cool is it that you are getting married at the YC and doing the Magic for your Honeymoon. I am way past that...an old married lady...but I have done the Magic 3 times and you will just love it!

We will be a t OKW 12/27 - 1/4....will you still be there?

Have fun!

DCBrown:Pinkbounc :smooth: :Pinkbounc :smooth: :Pinkbounc pirate:

OK thanks - I have back up booked at Swan as I need to be at the EPCOT resort area rather than at OK as I'll be on my own for those 5 nights and I wanted to be near lots things to do at night.

I'm actually renting the points off a friend and this would be the cheaper than spending the 5 nights at The Swan which is why I wanted to stay at BWV or BCV.

We'll just have to see what happens and I'll let you all know.

DCBrown - our wedding plans are fabulous and you couldn't imagine all the extras and everything you can have arranged as part of your wedding it's gonna be the most wonderful day. The Yacht Club holds a special place in our heart so we were so pleased to be getting married there. Can't wait for the Magic either we did the Wonder this past May so even more excited now.

Sounds too good to be true!!! Believe it or not my 16yo daughter is already planning hers at the Grand Floridian!!! As if I would have the $ to do that....besides she hasn't even had her first boyfriend yet. As far as I am concerned....the longer it takes the better. Wait...... you'll see!!!!(when and if you become a parent!)

Be sure to post some things on the boards after the big day and I will make sure to look for them. How Exciting!!!

DCBrown:Pinkbounc :smooth: :Pinkbounc :smooth: :Pinkbounc pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter