waitlisting question

Greg36

Mouseketeer
Curious if anyone knows the answer to this or has an opinion... I was able to book 7 nights at a non home resort at the 7 month window, and then the next day I waitlisted the 8th day. A few hours after I waitlisted it, the waitlist disappeared from my dashboard. I called up and sure enough it matched. However, I was told I was not able to have it confirmed until that day lined up with my 7 month booking window as they treated the waitlisted day as a new reservation. I was a bit surprised by this, as if it was a new reservation I would have thought I would not have been allowed to waitlist it until the 7th month window opened, but no problem. Now, I am hoping to get the next day (9th day) tomorrow and it is currently available. I was told by MS that I could not call tomorrow to book that day as my waitlisted day was not confirmed. I asked if I would be allowed to call in the morning and waitlist that 9th day and after the CM thought about it for a while he said he thought I probably could. Anybody ever have an experience like this before and if so any idea on how I could improve my chances of picking up that 9th day tomorrow? Thanks, Greg

You should call and add the 8th day. I’ve never heard of using the waitlist in this way and I’m surprised it worked at all. You should be able to book the 8th and the 9th tomorrow and cancel the waitlist.

You should call and add the 8th day. I’ve never heard of using the waitlist in this way and I’m surprised it worked at all. You should be able to book the 8th and the 9th tomorrow and cancel the waitlist.

Problem is now the 8th day is missing... I have it with my waitlist, but if I cancel that, and someone else has it waitlisted, I would lose it...

Call MS tomorrow and ask the CM to finish working the reservation for the waitlisted 8th day so that you can add the 9th day you want. What that first CM told you doesn't sound right. If the CM refuses, politely ask to speak to a supervisor and ask why.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter