Waiving Holding Status?

DSNYFRK4EVR

Mouseketeer
Is DVC still waiving holding status on point reservations cancelled less than 31 days before arrival. Anyone know?

Per chat within the last few days, yes. I inquired as we made a 7/5-7 reservation. “Subject to change with no notice etc....” I’d certainly think it would stand at least until parks actually open but of course I don’t get to set that policy 😜

Per chat within the last few days, yes. I inquired as we made a 7/5-7 reservation. “Subject to change with no notice etc....” I’d certainly think it would stand until parks actually open but of course I don’t get to set that policy 😜
Thanks for your response! My reservation is for early August but was really hoping to get some feedback from people going once parks reopen to decide if it’s worth taking my young kids.

Good luck! I understand the decision process. DVC will have to revert to published rules at some point. I’d think sooner rather than later as there are many moving parts to the Covid “points wave” that is building/has built up.

Currently, it is still being applied. The obvious issue is that DVC could end it at any time. You could go to bed the day in July that is 31 days from your arrival, and wake up in the morning 30 days out and find DVC has switched back to the regular 30-day holding rule, and you will have no recourse. Personal view is that if you are thinking of cancelling, you do it at least 31-days out.

Today is Oct 17. I am trying to organize Thanksgiving trip for a renter 31 days from now. I was advised by the Member Service they are still waiving Holding Points at this time. They mentioned that people need to change last minute due to exposure history and quarantine requirement so it is only fair to allow points to return to the previous state without Holding account penalty?

Is it true? Can someone else confirms this exception? Thank you.

Today is Oct 17. I am trying to organize Thanksgiving trip for a renter 31 days from now. I was advised by the Member Service they are still waiving Holding Points at this time. They mentioned that people need to change last minute due to exposure history and quarantine requirement so it is only fair to allow points to return to the previous state without Holding account penalty?

It is still being waived.

It is being waived but it can change at anytime. So, they don’t need to give notice so I would not rely on it for a renter.

I would tell them that there is a chance it could result in holding points and to assume it will.

I just tried to modify a reservation that was 30 days out and would use four fewer points. Before I confirmed the modification, it told me I would have four points in holding.

i just canceled a reservation for the week of Oct. 25, and all my points were returned to my use year - no holding. Bummed to cancel, but we're just not comfortable traveling right now. We've made a reservation for March - hoping things will be at least somewhat better by then.

I just called MS to check on the Holding point issue. The CM on the phone said they are still waiving holding points. I confirmed that even though it said they would go into holding, they would not go into holding. She said yes. So I modified and it showed my points not going into the Holding Acct.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!