wake up 3am to reserve dining?

This is probably an unpopular opinion but we thought the malasadas were better at Makahiki than Leonard’s (we did them both less than 48h apart). Unfortunately I was so full by the time the actual breakfast arrived I ended up taking as delicious French toast back to the room in a container.

We don’t care about the character greetings but considered paying to go back just for the food. 🤣 I wish there were other places to get the malasadas on site (Disney, if you’re listening, you could take us for $10 for a donut and coffee (x 2) each morning…and we already have the free refill mugs!).
For some hardcore Leonards lovers, yeah that's probably an unpopular opinion. For Aulani, I think it might depends on the day, some days can be amazing and occasionally there can be a miss? Leonards is consistent, that's all they do all day everyday so I would also hold them in higher standards. To me, food is subjective and we all just wanna enjoy what we like. As long as no one keeps arguing with me that who is better and force me to admit I'm wrong, it's all gucci!

They’re available at Olelo Room :) Disney emailed me Feb 23, 2024 to let me know:

Fun fact! The ʻŌlelo Room offers fresh malasadas—a Portuguese donut enjoyed in Hawaiʻi—for sale every morning on the Grab & Go Menu. They're only available from 7–11 a.m.and while supplies last, so make sure you stop by for this delicious breakfast treat.
OMG they listened to our feedback!! Yay! I told our sever that they NEED to sell them somewhere at the resort and I also put that in the survey, pretty sure many guests also did! That's great news!!

For some hardcore Leonards lovers, yeah that's probably an unpopular opinion. For Aulani, I think it might depends on the day, some days can be amazing and occasionally there can be a miss? Leonards is consistent, that's all they do all day everyday so I would also hold them in higher standards. To me, food is subjective and we all just wanna enjoy what we like. As long as no one keeps arguing with me that who is better and force me to admit I'm wrong, it's all gucci!

OMG they listened to our feedback!! Yay! I told our sever that they NEED to sell them somewhere at the resort and I also put that in the survey, pretty sure many guests also did! That's great news!!
Thank you for taking the time to actually give them the feedback! This is a win for us all.

Re: difference of opinion, we’ve only had each type once, so it makes total sense that actual experience could differ by day to day (and how fresh of a batch you’re getting and preferred sweetness level, etc)—very happy to keep an open mind.

Now that @MsChristy12 has successfully advocated for malasadas to go, it’s up to the rest of us to find additional dining enhancements and coordinate comment cards!

Thank you for taking the time to actually give them the feedback! This is a win for us all.

Re: difference of opinion, we’ve only had each type once, so it makes total sense that actual experience could differ by day to day (and how fresh of a batch you’re getting and preferred sweetness level, etc)—very happy to keep an open mind.

Now that @MsChristy12 has successfully advocated for malasadas to go, it’s up to the rest of us to find additional dining enhancements and coordinate comment cards!
haha I can't take all the credit, I'm sure hundreds of guests have voiced the same thing!

The one I had at Makahiki though, it was damn good! Our server actually said he likes them better than Leonards too, and it's A LOT closer for him to eat one! lol! :rotfl:

haha I can't take all the credit, I'm sure hundreds of guests have voiced the same thing!

The one I had at Makahiki though, it was damn good! Our server actually said he likes them better than Leonards too, and it's A LOT closer for him to eat one! lol! :rotfl:
If I could get free malasadas at Makahiki everyday my figure would start to resemble a malasada. 🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter