• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Waking Sleeping Beauty in Sacramento

Merry Mousketeer

Hey there, hi there, ho there!
If you are going to be in the Sacramento area from June 11 - June 17, you might want to stop by the Crest Theatre to see the documentary, "Waking Sleeping Beauty". Here's a description of the documentary from the official website:

"By the mid-1980s, the fabled animation studios of Walt Disney had fallen on hard times. The artists were polarized between newcomers hungry to innovate and old timers not yet ready to relinquish control. These conditions produced a series of box-office flops and pessimistic forecasts: maybe the best days of animation were over. Maybe the public didn't care. Only a miracle or a magic spell could produce a happy ending. Waking Sleeping Beauty is no fairy tale. It's the true story of how Disney regained its magic with a staggering output of hits - 'Little Mermaid,' 'Beauty and the Beast ,' 'Aladdin,' 'The Lion King,' and more over a 10-year period."

Carol (Disney Enabler) and I are going to see the film on June 12 at 5:15 pm with the California Capital Disneyana Fan Club and then dinner afterwards at the Pyramid Alehouse. If you'd like to join us, please send me a PM by Tuesday, June 8. If we get enough people, we can qualify for a group rate.

If you happen to be at that showing, you'll know who we are by our official Disneyana Fan Club shirts - either red polo shirts or long-sleeve blue denim with our club logo. Please feel free to come over and say hello. We'd love to meet fellow DISers.

For more information, here is a link to the Crest Theatre website: http://www.thecrest.com/calendar/expand.cfm?EventID=3411

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter