Walk from Holiday Inn Express after Howl O Scream?

jenhelgren

DIS Veteran
How safe is the walk back from Seaworld to Holiday Inn Express? We will be visiting ffor Howl O Scream and it will be late. The hotel said they may have shuttles running for the event but to check back closer to our dates to know for sure. I have stayed at the Townplace when it first opened but we had free parking and drove to the parks everyday. The mile walk that Google estimates is not a problem at all for our party but it will be late and some of the group may want to leave earlier than others so I am looking for our best option. Thanks!

We stayed in that area last year at the Springhill Suites and walked to SW one morning, then to Aquatica, and back to the hotel. The downside of this is that those hotels look close to the park, but are the complete opposite side from the main gate. The walk was doable
At the start but challenging by the end when we were tired. We ended up upgrading one of our fun cards to a pass with parking so we didn’t have to walk again.

If you aren’t locked into HIE, we find the hotels at the other corner (Hilton, Staybridge, Homewood) to be more walkable.

We generally felt safe walking in the evening although we never did it that late. There are sidewalks and crosswalks. I probably wouldn’t walk alone, just because I wouldn’t do that anywhere. I don’t find SW itself to be all that pedestrian friendly once you get to the parking lot though.

Thanks for the advice! I did end up switching our reservation to the Staybridge because the walk looks manageable and I would like to save on the parking fees if possible. It looks like the majority of the walk is through Seaworld parking lot but I have very limited knowledge of the area if anyone has any comments on walking back after Howl O Scream as far as lighting, safety, etc. We will be in a group of atleast 3.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter