Walk in Walt’s Disneyland Footsteps.

gdrj

Boardwalk owner since 1999
I know the tour is behind the scene’s and history which is great. DO you actually go on any of the rides? If so which ones?

From experience and reports Railroad, Lincoln, Alice, Tiki Room seem to be in the mix a lot but not necessarily all of them every tour.

There is a 'little' bit of behind the scene's - when you go through the gate to walk to the backstage area to walk up to Walt's Apartment - is that what you mean by 'behind the scene's'?

Lots of reports suggest that the rides that are included vary on a day by day basis. I last did the tour in Sept '17. The attractions we rode were It's A Small World and Alice in Wonderland.
I've read various reports that some people have done the RailRoad, Great Moments with Mr Lincoln, Tiki room maybe and I'm sure there have been lots of other variations too. There doesn't seem to be a set standard for it. On recent reports when I went I had expected to do Lincoln but it didn't happen. I think it also comes down to how busy the park is on the day - if it's a busier day then it takes a little longer to get around the park during the tour making your way through the crowds, hence less time to fit attractions in I guess.

My tour went on It's a Small World. We were supposed to also go on Alice and Great Moments with Lincoln, but both of those were down when we went to them. So, as a consolation, they gave us an extra restroom break.

We did Alice, Great Moments with Mr Lincoln and rode the train (but not the full circle). But I would not do this tour for the rides- it’s about Walt, the history of the park and the opportunity to view Walt’s apartment.

I enjoyed the tour though I already knew most of the tour content. Visiting the apartment was very very cool.

The first time I did it (2016), we did Alice and PotC (was supposed to be HM, but HM was down at the time). The second time (2017), we also did Alice. I don't remember whether we did a second, or, if we did, what it was.

When we did the tour last August, we went did Great Moment with Lincoln and we were suppose to do alice but the ride broke as we were in line so they gave us a fast pass to ride anything we wanted in Disneyland.

I loved this tour, we had a great time with the stories we were told as we walked around the park. Then getting to go into walts apartment was amazing!!!

Sept. 16, we did Alice and iaswaa. At that time they showed you the Dream Suite. I'd have liked to see Walt's apartment, but the Dream Suite was pretty cool. Although a lot of people love this tour, I was kind of "meh" about it. They told me very little I hadn't already known, and I thought it was a waste of time to go on rides that are walk-on and time eaters. If they put you on hard-to-get rides, it would be worth it. Alice was fine, but I was pissed about wasting 20 minutes on iasw. Now, Peter Pan would have been awesome. I wouldn't do it again, even to see Walt's apartment- too much of a time eater for 4 hours out of of our park time.

We did the tour back on February 26th and we did the railroad, It's a Small World, and Alice as the rides.

We did Alice, Great Moments with Mr Lincoln and rode the train (but not the full circle). But I would not do this tour for the rides- it’s about Walt, the history of the park and the opportunity to view Walt’s apartment.

I enjoyed the tour though I already knew most of the tour content. Visiting the apartment was very very cool.
Thanks for all the responses. I just wanted to know the rides so we didnt do them prior to the tour.

I took the tour on the 20th and the rides were Alice, the tiki room, and the train.

We did the Tour on July 7 and we did Alice, Lincoln, and rode the train. But the rides aren't the real highlight. The highlight is all the great info about Walt, plus the Apartment.

We took the tour in April 2019 and the attractions we got were Alice and Tiki Room. The highlight is definitely being in Walt's Apartment.

I know you can (and should) make a Reservation for the tour, but as far as I know you CAN also can do walk-ups for the same day or day after. Can anybody tell me, how likely it is to get a walk-up entry for the tour on the same day?

This what was included in my tour I did May 2018. The real seller here is being able to go into Walts Apartment.

I know you can (and should) make a Reservation for the tour, but as far as I know you CAN also can do walk-ups for the same day or day after. Can anybody tell me, how likely it is to get a walk-up entry for the tour on the same day?

I wouldn't count on it. The tours get filled up, from what I've heard, and my group was definitely full or near it.

I wouldn't risk it. I mean, you *can* try. It *may* work. A spot *could* be open. But if you really want to do it, I'd make reservations. Especially if there is more than just you in your group. It's easy for them to add "just one more" to a tour, but adding two, three, four gets quite a bit tougher!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!