Walk in Walt’s footsteps tour

I hope we get to see Walt's apartment. I'm making my first DLR trip at the end of February and see his apartment is literally the only reason I am doing the tour.

Do they do the tour everyday? Would like to do it on July 4th when I am in DL that day. Thanks.....

If anyone gets a recent definitive answer on the apartment being included please report back. I read that they no longer were doing the tour there do to access because of the construction changing and the wear and tear it was getting. Would love to hear that is not the case. That would be my main reason to take the tour. I am actually thinking to arrive 1 day early ahead of my travel partner and do this.

If anyone gets a recent definitive answer on the apartment being included please report back. I read that they no longer were doing the tour there do to access because of the construction changing and the wear and tear it was getting. Would love to hear that is not the case. That would be my main reason to take the tour. I am actually thinking to arrive 1 day early ahead of my travel partner and do this.

I'm not sure where the poster who said it wasn't definitely included anymore got their info, tbh. I've only seen comments saying that it's Walt's apartment that's included for a while now.

I hope we get to see Walt's apartment. I'm making my first DLR trip at the end of February and see his apartment is literally the only reason I am doing the tour.

Fingers crossed for you!! My 11yr old son and I did the tour in Sept '17 and toured the apartment. My husband and I are going in July and I was going to book the tour again as I know he would really love to see it.
Would you mind reporting back after your trip at the end of Feb, if you do the tour, whether the apartment was included and what attractions you did as part of the tour - the tour was good overall but I would only repeat it if there is a high certainty that the apartment will be included.

Best of luck with it and your trip : )

We are planning to do this for our trip at the end of Feb. Current conundrum is which day and time we should choose. Our choices are Sunday early or mid day or Monday early. I am inclined to say the mid day Sunday so as not to waste precious morning time. We are hopeful for the apartment, frankly it's why a few of us would skip ride time, but if it doesn't happen it doesn't happen. I'm happy to report back what our attractions are next month.

My wife and I did the tour roughly 3 years ago. We really enjoyed the Dream Suite. While on the tour, I asked about the apartment and the CM told me it was not on the tour anymore and the room was turned into a storage room. I didn't believe them and now I see I am correct. I'm bummed the Dream Suite is not longer on the tour. We plan on giving a tour to our son next time. He will enjoy it and as of now it sounds like Walt's apartment is back on the tour. Thanks for the thread!

We are planning to do this for our trip at the end of Feb. Current conundrum is which day and time we should choose. Our choices are Sunday early or mid day or Monday early. I am inclined to say the mid day Sunday so as not to waste precious morning time. We are hopeful for the apartment, frankly it's why a few of us would skip ride time, but if it doesn't happen it doesn't happen. I'm happy to report back what our attractions are next month.

I'd pick mid morning on Sunday - you should get a lot done in the morning and then take the tour. We did like a 9:30 or something on a Monday and we regretted it as it was raining a bit that day and everything was walk on!

I just booked my son and I for a Noon tour on 2/15. We are getting excited for our trip...will report back!

This thread has me wanting to book this tour. We are going in April. I look forward to everyone's updates as Walt's apartment is something we definitely want to see.

While on the tour, I asked about the apartment and the CM told me it was not on the tour anymore and the room was turned into a storage room.

I think the CM got the apartment confused with the old Club 33 entrance in that response. A peek inside the Club 33 door used to be part of the tour but is no longer since the remodel and acquisition of Court of Angels by Club 33. Behind the old Club 33 door next to the Blue Bayou is now reportedly just storage.

Do they do the tour everyday? Would like to do it on July 4th when I am in DL that day. Thanks.....

Yes, generally they do them every day.

I was wondering the same thing...
so usually every day...also for Christmas time?
and is it usually one morning and one midday tour?
And you have to call to reserve it, right? 30 days out? ( guess that will be an expensive call from Germany cause we don’t have a international call flat...:rolleyes1)

After reading all this here in the thread I am really considering to take this tour next time I‘ll go... probably instead of a dinner/lunch show package...

I was wondering the same thing...
so usually every day...also for Christmas time?
and is it usually one morning and one midday tour?
And you have to call to reserve it, right? 30 days out? ( guess that will be an expensive call from Germany cause we don’t have a international call flat...:rolleyes1)

After reading all this here in the thread I am really considering to take this tour next time I‘ll go... probably instead of a dinner/lunch show package...
Yes, they do them throughout the year, including the holiday season. I believe there are typically 2 tours a day, though I suppose that could be changed depending on demand. You call to reserve around your 30-day mark. The good news is that the call should be fairly short. Make sure you get the tour phone number off the website so you don't have to be transferred much.

Have a great time of you decide to do it!

Just went on this tour on Sunday. Here's a general overview:

Checked in at 11:30 and sat at a table to wait. I wanted to rest my legs. I ordered my lunch and was told we'd eat after. There turned out to be about 18 people on this tour, many of whom would ask questions and engage the guide, which was nice. The time between 11:30-12:00 is used to pass out audio devices, so I definitely recommend getting there early.

We had Michael as our guide, who was wonderful. We rode both Alice and the Railroad. Would have done Lincoln, but we got behind schedule due to audio issues and missing a train because of heavy ridership, and it's right before returning for lunch/apartment so we watched the pre-show and skipped it. It was about 2.5 hours walking, or I think that's what they were aiming for anyway. There was a 5-10 minute break where you could use the restroom or buy a snack.

I was part of the first group to go in the apartment. They do the separating for you. Two different guides showed us around, Craig and Amy I believe, while Michael took the rest for lunch. We spent maybe 30 minutes there? Hard to gauge since I wasn't looking at the clock. I was done with lunch around 3:45 or so, for what it's worth. All three guides, you could tell, really loved what they did and made the event so special.

They take a photo of you in the apartment and try to get the lamp in with you. I don't want to give too much information away, but there's a reason they pose you on a certain side of the room.

It was the perfect tour for me. All history and very little behind the scenes. I don't want to ruin the magic for myself. :) You learn a lot of fun stories, some of which I knew. Some I didn't. A lot of imagineering information, which was cool. But nothing about the day-to-day. It's very much rooted in how the park came to be and evolved. And it definitely pays tribute to Walt. I teared up several times.

I'd definitely recommend for those who:
A) Love Walt; or B) Love history, especially of the parks

I would not recommend for those who:
A) Have children in tow; B) Are only there for the thrill rides; or C) Want a behind the scenes look

Even if you only have a limited amount of time, I found the 12pm tour time gave me plenty of time in the morning and the evening for doing other things. It was also during a busy day, so while following our guide through the crowds could be challenging, I didn't feel like I was missing out on precious park time.

Let me know if you have any specific questions. I'm happy to answer, so long as it doesn't involve ruining the tour for those who want to go in the future. The less you know, the better, in my opinion. Which is why no photos are allowed in the apartment except the one at the end.

Also, I believe the cost was around $110, but I can't be sure as I used a discount.

So happy you got to go in the apartment. Did you find out how they determine it? Is the access still limited? Seems like there was an issue with the lift not being available due to construction or something similar.

I think it's always the apartment. I didn't get the impression that it was out of the ordinary. When I checked in, they outlined that we'd walk first, then half would see the apartment while half ate lunch and then swap. There was no announcement like, "It's the apartment this time." I can't speak to the lift, as everyone in our group was able to take the stairs. If there's a concern about accessibility, I'd give them a call.

How does the lunch/dinner option work? I'm a picky eater so I'm a bit worried I wouldn't find anything I can eat if it's a pre-fix meal. Is it always Jolly Holly? I see they have a grill cheese on their menu but it's seasonal. Would it be possible for me to ask just for that or some variation of just bread cheese and possibly meat? If you do a noon tour does it start with lunch or do you have an early dinner?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter