Walk in Walt's Footsteps -- Peter Pan?

I did WIWF tour today. From a ride perspective, it was a real letdown. Our attractions were the train (and only from NO Square to Tomorrowland) and the Tiki Room. That's it.

They try and do at least one ride that Walt worked on. There are so many variables. How big is your group, how fast you walk, how busy is the park. If you go with the expectation that it is more of a history tour and that walking on rides is an unexpected perk you'll have a great time. In December we did Alice, Pirates, and Lincoln.

Has anyone done WIWF recently? If you're a person that's read a couple of the best biographies on Walt Disney and has another in queue (that's me), am I going to really learn that much? It's also a gamble on whether or not you see Walt's apartment, right? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Has anyone done WIWF recently? If you're a person that's read a couple of the best biographies on Walt Disney and has another in queue (that's me), am I going to really learn that much? It's also a gamble on whether or not you see Walt's apartment, right? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm a fair fan of Walt and the history of the parks, and learned a lot.

The apartment is on the schedule. Things that could change that: unexpected construction, for example. But if they take the apartment off the schedule, they add something else exclusive.

I didn't learn much and while I like history about Walt Disney & Disneyland I haven't read books or anything and I knew most of what they told me. I think what made the tour special is our guide really got into what it was like to be in the park when Walt was there. Being in the apartment felt really special. I even got teary eyed (and I wasn't the only one) when our guide told us about Walt's last days.
For $109 (non pass holder) You get lunch and get to see Walts apartment plus a special pin. I thought that alone was worth the cost. But you also get some fun history and get to "cut" inline for a ride or two.

I'm a fair fan of Walt and the history of the parks, and learned a lot.

The apartment is on the schedule. Things that could change that: unexpected construction, for example. But if they take the apartment off the schedule, they add something else exclusive.

Thank you for the info!

I didn't learn much and while I like history about Walt Disney & Disneyland I haven't read books or anything and I knew most of what they told me. I think what made the tour special is our guide really got into what it was like to be in the park when Walt was there. Being in the apartment felt really special. I even got teary eyed (and I wasn't the only one) when our guide told us about Walt's last days.
For $109 (non pass holder) You get lunch and get to see Walts apartment plus a special pin. I thought that alone was worth the cost. But you also get some fun history and get to "cut" inline for a ride or two.

Thank you for your perspective!

Ditto. I know more about some aspects of the park than either of the WiWF tour guides I've had, but the emotional story of Walt's last days and his death was undeniably a tear-jerker. Clearly, the guides are taught to recite the tale verbatim, because there was no variation on that part between the two.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts