Walk In Walt's Footsteps-Walt's apartment?

ktkerber

Mouseketeer
I have been undecided about whether to do the "Walk in Walts Footsteps" tour due to the cost and the time it would take away from the parks as we are only there 3 1/2 days. I recently saw a FB post where someone had taken the tour and they toured Walts apartment instead of the Dream Suite.

Does anyone know if this is a permanent change or just a one time deal? I would much rather see Walts apartment than the Drean Suite.

How long is the tour? And is the menu same for both tours or different for lunch or dinner?

is this tour worth the $? We have done the KTTK tour at WDW and really enjoyed it.

Thank you,

We did the tour as an anniversary gift in April. I don't know if I would do it again if it were not a special occasion. It was very pricey for us in particular as the Canadian Dollar was weak at the time. I was originally disappointed that we didn't do Walt's apartment but I really enjoyed the Dream Suite. I think either would be great! The tour guides were great and lunch was yummy. You feel important for about 3 hours! lol

Someone here on Disboards mentioned the change a few weeks ago. But not sure if it's become a permanent change or not.

I have been undecided about whether to do the "Walk in Walts Footsteps" tour due to the cost and the time it would take away from the parks as we are only there 3 1/2 days. I recently saw a FB post where someone had taken the tour and they toured Walts apartment instead of the Dream Suite.

Does anyone know if this is a permanent change or just a one time deal? I would much rather see Walts apartment than the Drean Suite.

How long is the tour? And is the menu same for both tours or different for lunch or dinner?

is this tour worth the $? We have done the KTTK tour at WDW and really enjoyed it.

Thank you,

I called yesterday to book the tour. In her closing speech she did say we would tour Walt's apartment.

Last edited:

My dreams unlimited agent mentioned that we'd be going to Walt's apartment too (August tour date) I just figured shed mistyped, but now I'm excited! Although, id be happy either way to be honest (wouldn't it be awesome to do both?!)

Oh man! Another thing to add to our trip! (I just saw the Halloween Afternoon Tea at DLH 'thread' and definitely think we'll be doing that. Looks so cool, now this as well!!)

I would love to see Walt's apartment - I too really don't have any interest in the Dream Suite which is why I hadn't considered booking the tour before. It's only my 11yr old son and I this trip - my husband will be soooo jealous if we see the apartment.
My son is pretty good at listening to 'devices' whilst touring - he did pretty well with the one at Graceland (he was six then) and we did the Alcatraz one again last year so I think he would do ok with the listening device / earphones on this tour. He is pretty interested in the history of D/L as am I.

I've got to get off Disboards before I find something else we must do! LOL

I am looking to book this tour as a surprise gift for my hubby for when we go in December! Do any of you know if there is a way for me to book it in secret without the tour showing up on our Disney package travel plans/reservations? I want to go ahead and reserve it in advance, but was unsure of how to keep it a secret! He is linked to my account, so I don't want him to see it! Also - if we do the 12:30 tour, is the included meal before you begin the tour or after, like at 3:30? That just seems like a really odd time for a meal, so I am hopeful it is before!

Thanks!

I don't believe this shows up in your online account. I'm only going from memory here, but I've done the tour three times and never remember it showing up online.

We did the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour the last week in June. We saw the dream/royal suite and it far exceeded my expectations. Check out our trip report (below in my signature) for more details.

That said, I would do the tour again if I knew I'd get to see Walt's apartment. From what I've heard, the dream suite is a very magical experience (I can confirm that) where Walt's apartment is more of a nostalgic experience. In general, I believe the tour is supposed to last 3 hours. Food was provided from the Jolly Holiday at the end of the tour. One of the things we did on the tour that made up for the lost time in the parks feeling was ride two of the rides. Our tour guide basically took us to the front of the ride on both Alice in Wonderland and the Haunted Mansion.

I honestly don't remember them saying whether we'd see the suite or Walt's apartment when we booked the tour, but I'd ask at booking time, if you're keen on one versus the other.

I would like to see the Dream Suite. Is there a way to anymore.
I saw Walt's apartment on the tour several years ago

Lunch is AFTER the tour, even the 12:30 one. We did it in June, and we were REALLY hungry by the time we got our food! Highly recommend a late breakfast or early lunch (and call what you get after the tour an early dinner).

We did the tour back when they first introduced it. For a Walt Disney fan, it is absolutely worth it. We got to see the apartment and being able to just be in it is quite a delight. You always wonder what is behind the light that is turned on every night.

Lunch is AFTER the tour, even the 12:30 one. We did it in June, and we were REALLY hungry by the time we got our food! Highly recommend a late breakfast or early lunch (and call what you get after the tour an early dinner).

Well I'm thinking brunch of some sort is in order if we do the afternoon one! Hate you guys were hungry on your tour, but thanks for answering my question! ;)

Hi, can someone help me out with the cost of the tour and tax / ? tip. I'm from Australia so a little unsure.
My son and I would like to do this tour at the beginning of October.
On the tour page it lists the price as $109 - it states 'does not include tax'
Is there tax on this tour price or is tax not applicable like the entry tickets?
And... is it expected that you would tip the guide and is that usually 20% of the $109?

When I am looking at my restaurant bookings at BB / Cafe Orleans etc.. I am assuming that I am adding tax of 7.75% + a tip of 18 - 20%?
This only does not apply with something like WOC DP where they say tax and tip is already included?

Thanks so much for any advice : )

Hi, can someone help me out with the cost of the tour and tax / ? tip. I'm from Australia so a little unsure.
My son and I would like to do this tour at the beginning of October.
On the tour page it lists the price as $109 - it states 'does not include tax'
Is there tax on this tour price or is tax not applicable like the entry tickets?
And... is it expected that you would tip the guide and is that usually 20% of the $109?

When I am looking at my restaurant bookings at BB / Cafe Orleans etc.. I am assuming that I am adding tax of 7.75% + a tip of 18 - 20%?
This only does not apply with something like WOC DP where they say tax and tip is already included?

Thanks so much for any advice : )

Our receipt for the tour (from June 28) shows $436 total, for four of us. That's $109 even for each of us. I see the note you're referencing regarding tax, so I don't know if that's off on the website or something that has changed. I know when we called to book the tour, they were very clear on what was charged, since they took payment at that time. We also did not tip on the tour. Perhaps we were wrong on that, but I didn't notice anyone else tipping either, so I don't think it was expected.

I think your assumption for the restaurants is accurate. I don't remember specifically looking for tax on the meals (I sort of expect them to be there), I mainly check to be sure meals and drinks are accurate. Then we generally tip in the range you list. Occasionally we'll round up to a little more than 20% for great service.

WOC, what we paid was all we paid. I was told tax and tip were included, so we did not leave any extra. I'm not sure if others do leave more. I suppose you could, but we didn't.

I've done it twice, once with Walt's Apartment (and I got the tour of that all by myself due to special circumstances which made it all the more special) as well as the Dream Suite. It was worth it both times for me. LOVED it. Will do it again at some point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!