S

Belle1962

DIS Veteran
As many of you recall I posted a thread that ripped Walker for their delivery of my ecv. I was 30 minutes early for my reservation but in hindsight recognize they probably already had their route mapped out. While it is NO excuse for me, but I let my disability get the better of me. While I took my routine meds that morning, once the day started to go to h**l at the airport (which accumulated with sitting on my glasses at MCO after we landed) I should have taken more of the "chill out" meds. I then had to get to RPH at Universal from MCO just barely able to see (my grandson was 18 and the rental company wouldn't allow him to be added to reservation as an extra driver). I had no idea what I was signing at check-in but hoped it was just the usual check in stuff. Then I had to concentrate enough to determine which park tickets to get at those parks and no one there, even at concierge, knew of any place that repaired glasses and I had to have them start calling around to Target and Wal-Mart which have eyeglass shops in them. I was just overwhelmed by everything and needed more meds and a nap. But by then I really couldn't up my meds because I knew I had to still make an almost blind drive to wherever to get my glasses fixed. Also in hindsight, I realized I could have taken cabs. I kept pacing the lobby and just kept getting more out of control the more laps I made.

To end this--Walker was in no way responsible for the events of the day and I could have handled it much better. I'm going bask to Disney at the end of January and will rent from them again. I've loved Walker since the days I could call and actually talk to Bob directly. I'm posting a separate thread on my park experiences.

Last edited:
I'm confused. When you filled out the reservation form, what time did you indicate you would need the scooter? You mentioned you arrived early.

I used to rent from Walker but the way you hold the tiller to go faster or slower (don't know what that's called) was uncomfortable. Are their new scooters configured differently? I found BV Scooters and GMS to be more comfortable. The "squiggly" handle of the Gold Mobility was super-comfortable, is that what you call "ergonomically designed"?

Attachments

• IMG_2684.JPG
    IMG_2684.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 14
Been using Walker for years and never had any issues. Their new scooters are fantastic as is customer service.

It's terrible when you are just sitting around waiting and waiting, I know, but depending on your originally scheduled drop off, 93 minutes (and counting) may not be so unreasonable. The day's schedule of drop off and pick up had already been assigned and the driver was in the middle of his route when you called to ask for early drop off. There is a ton of traffic on the best of days and the driver was doing a Disney drop off first which is at least 30 minutes without traffic.
What time did the driver actually arrive?

Walker left us stranded in the Magic Kingdom with a non-functional ECV and nobody answering their phone line. Will never use them again.

Okay?

I mean, I had two ECVs break down on one trip. First was a Saturday night at Buzz. No answer at Walker that late, but NO and Poly CMs, and a couple staying at Pop as I was, were extremely helpful. Walker showed up with a new ECV Sunday morning, and I assume picked up the broken one from MK.

Monday or Tuesday night, I'd left Chefs 're France about 10 and was scooting toward the front of Epcot, when somebody told me I had a flat. I was still able to drive it.

I would still use Walker. If choose Good first, based on all the reviews, but I'd use Walker.

which accumulated with sitting on my glasses at MCO after we landed) I should have taken more of the "chill out" meds. I then had to get to RPH at Universal from MCO just barely able to see
I missed all this the first time. If there's an America's Best or a Visionworks or a For Eyes near you, next time they have a sale, get a couple of pairs of "functional" backups. They don't have to look good, they just have to let you see :).

I've used them six years straight, but am going with Gold Mobility this time? Why their scooters broke down twice (understand things happen).but those two scooters were replaced with tw o non-stop functioning. So when I was looking to order for this trip, I noticed they had "new" scooters in their inventory. I caled, gave my name. They found U was one of their preferred customers and was eligible for their "preferred customer discount". I was quoted $450 for my stay. Called Gold Mobility (same type of scooter, canopy, insurance). I was quoted $150 less!!!

As many of you recall I posted a thread that ripped Walker for their delivery of my ecv. I was 30 minutes early for my reservation but in hindsight recognize they probably already had their route mapped out. While it is NO excuse for me, but I let my disability get the better of me. While I took my routine meds that morning, once the day started to go to h**l at the airport (which accumulated with sitting on my glasses at MCO after we landed) I should have taken more of the "chill out" meds. I then had to get to RPH at Universal from MCO just barely able to see (my grandson was 18 and the rental company wouldn't allow him to be added to reservation as an extra driver). I had no idea what I was signing at check-in but hoped it was just the usual check in stuff. Then I had to concentrate enough to determine which park tickets to get at those parks and no one there, even at concierge, knew of any place that repaired glasses and I had to have them start calling around to Target and Wal-Mart which have eyeglass shops in them. I was just overwhelmed by everything and needed more meds and a nap. But by then I really couldn't up my meds because I knew I had to still make an almost blind drive to wherever to get my glasses fixed. Also in hindsight, I realized I could have taken cabs. I kept pacing the lobby and just kept getting more out of control the more laps I made.

To end this--Walker was in no way responsible for the events of the day and I could have handled it much better. I'm going bask to Disney at the end of January and will rent from them again. I've loved Walker since the days I could call and actually talk to Bob directly. I'm posting a separate thread on my park experiences.
Boy, did you have a rough day! I used to be blind as a bat, so I never traveled without a second pair of glasses. I had LASIK correction done, but I still need sunglasses as I am quite light sensitive. I always bring two pairs of sunglasses with me, as well as two pairs of readers. Nothing worse that needing your glasses and not having them! I hope that day two was better!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!