Walker Mobility to the rescue!

travelbug

DIS Veteran
Just back from 9 days at WDW with my dad (75) and mom (72). First we rented a standard wheelchair for my mom from Walker Mobility. Turned out that we got one with a bad bearing, and it was pretty hard to push. That turned out to be a blessing in disguise, because it opened my folks to the idea of renting an ECV instead.

So I called Walker and asked if we could upgrade to a scooter. They were so accommodating, and delivered it first thing the next morning. My mom took to it beautifully, although she made me do the steering on and off the bus and any other tricky situation. ;) Well, after a couple days, my dad found the walking to be exhausting, even though we were going very slowly and not pushing. So we decided to call Walker again and rent a scooter for Dad for the final 5 days of our stay. Walker came through again, delivering a second scooter only an hour after I called them. I must say that my folks looked cute as could be, riding around in their scooters and wearing matching jackets. :love:

We spent 7 nights at BCV, and then moved to POFQ for 2 nights. Walker even came to pick up the scooters at BCV, and dropped off 2 more at POFQ so we wouldn't have to worry about making a transfer that day. It was not a park day for us when we moved, so I'm not sure how we would have handled moving 2 scooters without Walker's help. No extra charge either! :)

The scooters absolutely made our trip!! We were able to do so much more and not worry about anyone's stamina. If my parents join me at WDW again as I hope, we will definitely rent ECV's from Walker again. :)

I am so glad you had good luck with them. We will be in the World in August and have to rent a scooter for my dad. Thanks for the positive report!

Cute :goodvibes
Glad to hear things worked out well for you.

MickeysMommy said:
I am so glad you had good luck with them. We will be in the World in August and have to rent a scooter for my dad. Thanks for the positive report!
Have a great time in August with your dad!
:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter