Walker Mobility VS. Scoot-A-Round

50surgeries2012

Mouseketeer
I called Scoot-Around today to see about power chair rentals. The kind like I rented from Care on my last trip to Disney. They quoted me a price of $180.00 plus tax, for the rental, for six days. It turned out that the hotel I am staying at is on their preferred list, or something like that. So, they'll deliver the power chair to the resort. But, they told me that I had to meet them face to face, for the delivery, and the pickup. I can understand this as when Care dropped off my power chair rental at the Marriott Grand Vista resort on my last trip. It took half an hour for the bell hop to find it. They had to deliver it to the condo an hour later when they finally found it.

What's the price difference in rentals between Walker, and Scootaround? Does Walker rent out power chairs too? The kind like I had on my last trip? Or, just the standard three/four wheeled scooters? I would like to have a six wheeled power chair with the captains' style seating like I had on my last trip. Because it would work so well for me than a three-wheeled scooter would.

Walker's lists a Jazzy Select Power Wheelchair on their website.

Other vendors who rent ECVs -- and possibly power chairs -- are listed near the bottom of post #2 in the disABILITIES FAQs thread. I believe Orlando Medical Rentals has many of the same products Care Medical used to offer (including power chairs). I haven't rented from them personally but I have read good reviews.

Enjoy your vacation!

Walker's lists a Jazzy Select Power Wheelchair on their website.

Other vendors who rent ECVs -- and possibly power chairs -- are listed near the bottom of post #2 in the disABILITIES FAQs thread. I believe Orlando Medical Rentals has many of the same products Care Medical used to offer (including power chairs). I haven't rented from them personally but I have read good reviews.

Enjoy your vacation!

Thank you. It was the Jazzy type power chair that I had rented on my last trip, and hope to rent again as they are so comfortable. Supportive too. I also called the Orlando branch of the wheelchair vendor I go through (NuMotion) here at home. They didn't have any rental power chairs at all. Which I kind of figured they wouldn't. But, the woman I spoke with was wonderful.

I knew of Walker, and Scootaround. But, I also knew there had to be a few other places. Thanks for the info. I may check out Orlando Medical Rentals too.

It turned out that the hotel I am staying at is on their preferred list, or something like that.
Respectfully, that means nothing. What matters is when the vendor is on the property's featured (not preferred, but I'm not going into my rant :)) list.

If it means anything, Scootaround has two stars on Yelp, from one customer. Walker has four stars, from 26 customers.

I called Scoot-Around today to see about power chair rentals. The kind like I rented from Care on my last trip to Disney. They quoted me a price of $180.00 plus tax, for the rental, for six days. It turned out that the hotel I am staying at is on their preferred list, or something like that. So, they'll deliver the power chair to the resort. But, they told me that I had to meet them face to face, for the delivery, and the pickup. I can understand this as when Care dropped off my power chair rental at the Marriott Grand Vista resort on my last trip. It took half an hour for the bell hop to find it. They had to deliver it to the condo an hour later when they finally found it.

What's the price difference in rentals between Walker, and Scootaround? Does Walker rent out power chairs too? The kind like I had on my last trip? Or, just the standard three/four wheeled scooters? I would like to have a six wheeled power chair with the captains' style seating like I had on my last trip. Because it would work so well for me than a three-wheeled scooter would.

You will need to contact Walker directly for a quote - try to make sure you are comparing similar type rentals between the two vendors.

As @kaytieeldr said above, unless the vendor is on the property's list, they cannot drop the equipment off without meeting you personally. This is standard operating procedure (at all Disney Resort hotels now and at many other Orlando-area hotels from what I understand). It's to avoid precisely the situation you had last time, where they stored your rental, and then couldn't find it, and then had to bring it around to you. All of that takes time and space from Bell Services, and with more and more people shipping boxes of groceries and supplies into the Resort hotels, space (and time) is at a premium for Bell Services at most hotels.

I did have a bad experience with Scoot-A-Round in 2011. Hopefully they are better this time. I wanted to rent a Jazzy power chair, and wasn’t sure which vendor provided that as I didn’t want a three wheeled/four wheeled scooter.

I miss Care Medical. I rented a Jazzy power chair from the last year, and their service was wonderful.

I did get my power chair reserved. For this trip.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter