Walking- October 2021- 50th Anniversary?

Nothing new though as that time of year has always been walked by this point in time,

Well, I see the "walking" has already started for next October. Such a pain in the *ss!!
I’m willing to venture that AKV values have been walked the majority of open dates this year

dates for BW just a hair better for those I’ve monitored

Worst kept secret:crazy2:

When they didn't open up annual passes, I decided to walk my BLT March reservation towards mid October. I started a couple of weeks ago, and am now booked for late September. I haven't seen any blocks yet for lake or theme park studios, but standards have consistently been unavailable.

Surely people complain about this...? Is there any indication they may close this loophole? Just another reason I'd be nervous to buy in... my husband and I would almost always want a studio but I hate playing games.

Every year around this time the discussion pops up and honestly the cure will be worse than the problem in most instances.

The problem exists for studios in certain views but overall, studios can be booked at almost every resort.

So kinda new to this whole thing- do people seriously books a reservation in March and then adjust it every day until October? If someone wants to make a reservation for December would they have to make one now and alter it till then? I don’t mind booking on the exact day I can but the walking thing seems crazy to me.

Most resorts are still fully available for late September. BWV standard and boardwalk, BLT Standard are exceptions I've seen.

At 11 months, it's not necessary to do it every day. You can bump it up every 6 days. Unless it's a resort with fixed weeks, then you may want to do it more often.

Surely people complain about this...? Is there any indication they may close this loophole? Just another reason I'd be nervous to buy in... my husband and I would almost always want a studio but I hate playing games.

Depending on whether you'd like to buy direct, and at what resort, you could get a Fixed Week. I recently bought one at Riviera and I'm very happy to have my reservation guaranteed for the first week in Nov, 2021 (Week 44). The combination of it being Jersey Week, Food & Wine fest, the Wine & Dine half-marathon AND the 50th celebration would have me walking a standard view studio right now.

Some years I'll probably opt out and just get the points to use as normal.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/all-about-fixed-weeks-riv-ccv-aul-vgf-poly-charts.3806985/

Depending on whether you'd like to buy direct, and at what resort, you could get a Fixed Week. I recently bought one at Riviera and I'm very happy to have my reservation guaranteed for the first week in Nov, 2021 (Week 44). The combination of it being Jersey Week, Food & Wine fest, the Wine & Dine half-marathon AND the 50th celebration would have me walking a standard view studio right now.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/all-about-fixed-weeks-riv-ccv-aul-vgf-poly-charts.3806985/

Well that is certainly something to think about... like a lot of people I'm sure I assumed you were tied to your fixed week, but while we mostly travel around the same times every year we do bop around sometimes too to experience limited time offerings. Thanks. :)

Yes, that is something I would like, especially if you can opt out on occasion.

Well that is certainly something to think about... like a lot of people I'm sure I assumed you were tied to your fixed week, but while we mostly travel around the same times every year we do bop around sometimes too to experience limited time offerings. Thanks. :)
Yes, that is something I would like, especially if you can opt out on occasion.

Being able to opt out of the Fixed Week if I'm traveling different dates is what made the final decision for me. It's the best of both worlds.

One issue people might have with a FW is they run Sun - Sun. If you want to adjust the dates, you need to opt out and compete for a reservation with everyone else. But if you like Copper Creek, they are also selling RunDisney weeks. If you buy a week that coincides with a race date, you can buy a RunDisney week that gives you the option to change your check in/out dates, or shorten the week, without opting out. You don't need to be signed up for the race.

I wish they sold that type of week at Riviera, but I'm happy with my FW.

Well and honestly I am on the west coast, so I'm waiting to see what happens with the new DVC over here... it might not even be an option.

Except for VGF & CCV, there are studios available at every WDW resort. IMO, these two resorts have a "built-in distribution" problem. There are not enough studios relative to the demand. If you own at one of those resorts and want a studio during popular seasons, you either walk, buy a fixed week, waitlist/stalk/get lucky or book a 1 bedroom.

Other than those at VGF & CCV, it's only the least expensive or more "desirable view" categories that are being walked:
  • Value & concierge at AKV (savannah & standard are available)
  • Standard & theme park view at BLT (lake view is available)
  • Standard & boardwalk at BWV (preferred is available)
  • Tower & standard at DRR (preferred is available)

The listed studio booking categories have been "walked" for the past several years for stays in October, November, & December-early January. (DRR is new, but going forward there is no reason to expect anything different for the tower & standard studios there). This is nothing new. IMO, there is no reasonable way to stop it.

Last edited:
So kinda new to this whole thing- do people seriously books a reservation in March and then adjust it every day until October? If someone wants to make a reservation for December would they have to make one now and alter it till then? I don’t mind booking on the exact day I can but the walking thing seems crazy to me.

I'm curious as well. How many months do people walk a reservation?

I could have started my "walk" today but the system won't let you cross two use years online. My UY is October so I guess I'll wait. I don't want to call MS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter