Walking to Spectate from Yacht/Beach Club

kidren21

Earning My Ears
1.) Is it possible to walk over from Yacht Club/Beach Club toward the Boardwalk area to watch runners?

My family would like to bring some tailgating chairs and walk from YC/BC to the route along the Boardwalk.

Is there a place to sit and watch without trying to cross the course? Or is the only option to stay At Boardwalk Resort?

Last edited:
Yes you can watch runners from the Boardwalk. They will keep spectators on the building side of the boardwalk and runners will run on the physical boardwalk.

1.) Is it possible to walk over toward the Boardwalk area to watch runners from Yacht or Beach Club?

My family would like to bring some tailgating chairs and walk from YC/BC to the route along the Boardwalk.

Is there a place to sit and watch without trying to cross the course? Or is the only option to stay At Boardwalk Resort?
From the YC/BC you will have to access the BW via the bridge that goes to Swan/Dolphin and then entering by Jelly Rolls. In other words head right as you access the crescent lake walkway coming from YC/BC. They had the bridge to Epcot and BW totally blocked off to foot traffic [I learned the hard way]. The access to Epcot from BC/YC was the walkway adjacent to the canal that goes under the bridge. Your other question has been already been answered.

From the YC/BC you will have to access the BW via the bridge that goes to Swan/Dolphin and then entering by Jelly Rolls. In other words head right as you access the crescent lake walkway coming from YC/BC. They had the bridge to Epcot and BW totally blocked off to foot traffic [I learned the hard way]. The access to Epcot from BC/YC was the walkway adjacent to the canal that goes under the bridge. Your other question has been already been answered.

Thanks! I looked at a satellite view on Google, and I see the alternate route you describe, but I would think the entrance near Jelly Roll is also blocked off because that is where runners get onto the Boardwalk.

Has anyone been able to gain access to BW during a run through this route?

Thanks! I looked at a satellite view on Google, and I see the alternate route you describe, but I would think the entrance near Jelly Roll is also blocked off because that is where runners get onto the Boardwalk.

Has anyone been able to gain access to BW during a run through this route?
Yes, I have during this year's marathon. They have a crosswalk setup manned by volunteers to facilitate getting across. This was the first year that the marathon took the Boardwalk side vs. the YC/BC side so this was a new process for me.

Yes, I have during this year's marathon. They have a crosswalk setup manned by volunteers to facilitate getting across. This was the first year that the marathon took the Boardwalk side vs. the YC/BC side so this was a new process for me.

Just curious, does this mean that this year's marathon route goes along the Boardwalk? When DH ran it in 2016, he ran along the walkway by the Yacht and Beach Club. It was great, since we were staying at BCV, so I just walked outside.

Just curious, does this mean that this year's marathon route goes along the Boardwalk? When DH ran it in 2016, he ran along the walkway by the Yacht and Beach Club. It was great, since we were staying at BCV, so I just walked outside.
Technically, "next years" marathon:rolleyes:. If it runs the same route as this years then yes. Subject to change of course [see what I did there?] as with any year's race. I think the HS construction and probably other tweaks on the course caused the adjustment to run the BW side vs. the YC/BC side. Since I've been going to marathon weekend since 2005 and staying at the BCVs it's always run by the YC/BC with exception of the 2019 marathon.

On a similar topic, is it possible to walk to the Finish Line from Beach Club through the canal you mentioned? Or is it too far?

On a similar topic, is it possible to walk to the Finish Line from Beach Club through the canal you mentioned? Or is it too far?
You’ll need a park ticket, enter Epcot via international gateway, world showcase via UK and Canada, through future world, out the front gate and then over to the finish line. Plan on 30 minutes, primarily due to crosswalk management. Doable, yes! Practical? Only if you have a park pass [AP or hopper] you can use for the walk through. And just to footnote, the earliest you could enter Epcot via IG would be 9:00 AM, maybe a few minutes earlier.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!