Walkway between Polynesian and grand Floridian open?

Disneylover2021

Earning My Ears
Hello, I was wondering if anyone has been very recently and could tell me if the walkway is open? We went in the fall and it was closed, but hoping they’ve reopened it or some version of it by now. We are going next weekend and staying at Polynesian. I’m trying to decide how easy it will be to pop over to Grand Floridian for meals, etc.

Thanks!

No walkway last week. It's there, but with a sign at the GF entrance to the walkway that says closed. I don't think it will open until the resort is just about complete. We really mis it.

Still closed unfortunately. Just me speculating, like the PP said at this point I think they only intend to reopen a path when the building/grounds are near complete later this year as they don’t seem interested in letting people use the temporary path towards the road like they did early on (I’m guessing due to construction traffic/liability/etc).

Honestly it has kept us away from Poly recently - we use the path frequently for GF access, running, the gym, slow evening strolls, etc. It’s not a fatal flaw, but certainly takes away from how we typically enjoy the resort.

they don’t seem interested in letting people use the temporary path towards the road like they did early on (I’m guessing due to construction traffic/liability/etc).
That's certainly the reason they closed this path. There are constantly construction vehicles having to cross that temporary path to access the building site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter