Walkway from SSR to...

abk96

Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters
DTD. Where is it located? Does anyone have a picture of the walkway? Where do you enter DTD at from this walkway?

TIA

The walkway runs along the waterfront passing by the four buildings in the Congress Park neighborhood. It then takes you near Buena Vista Rd and drops you off at the Bus Stop area of DTD. I hope others can help with photos/maps.

Be well!

There are actually two walkways to DTD. The first runs in front of Congress Park and ends up at Marketplace, by the bus depot. The second starts at the boat dock, runs next to the golf course and crosses over to the other end of DTD.

Thank you. It's nice to know we can walk if the boat isn't there and not having to wait for a bus is a plus.

tomandrobin said:
There are actually two walkways to DTD. The first runs in front of Congress Park and ends up at Marketplace, by the bus depot. The second starts at the boat dock, runs next to the golf course and crosses over to the other end of DTD.
I confess that I haven't used the golf course / WestEnd walkway yet, but I seem to remember reading here on the DIS that it isn't lit and can be quite creepy at night. Or is that the walkway from OKW to DTD? (It's all a blur :rolleyes1 ).

They're both easy to find. If you're in Congress park you just walk out towards the water. The other was(towards West End)start behind the turf club and head over the bridge towards OKW and LBV Golf course. Neither one is more than a 10 minute walk

DrTomorrow said:
I confess that I haven't used the golf course / WestEnd walkway yet, but I seem to remember reading here on the DIS that it isn't lit and can be quite creepy at night. Or is that the walkway from OKW to DTD? (It's all a blur :rolleyes1 ).
It's lit at night, but most of it is along the side of the car park for West Side.

As long as you're not alone it's fine, and much much quicker if you are at the West Side.

Both sides are lite well. On the Marketside there is an off-shoot trail that cuts thru the woods that is closed at night, no lights on that part. But the main trail along the water is wide and bright. My wife and I use that path alot. Its a nice walk, not long at all. Lots of rabbits, ducks and geese.

tmt martins: thanks for the local live links - seeing it really helps put things in scale. I'd forgotten all about it, but DW and I actually rode the WestSide path during SSR Grand Opening / Member Homecoming in May of 2004. We were just setting out from the dock area (there was a big DVC thing with Jodie Benson by La Nouba) and a nice Disney lady in a golf cart offered us a ride!

Sarnia said:
It's lit at night, but most of it is along the side of the car park for West Side.

As long as you're not alone it's fine, and much much quicker if you are at the West Side.

I disagree. my girlfriend and I were walking back after PI and it was very scary. Anyone could've jumped out from the bushes or parking lot. We complained about the security of it all and the CMs stated it would just increase our dues. I guess the price of safety is not included this time!

DrTomorrow said:
tmt martins: thanks for the local live links - seeing it really helps put things in scale. I'd forgotten all about it, but DW and I actually rode the WestSide path during SSR Grand Opening / Member Homecoming in May of 2004. We were just setting out from the dock area (there was a big DVC thing with Jodie Benson by La Nouba) and a nice Disney lady in a golf cart offered us a ride!

Hey not a problem the more I use that sight the better I get moving around it.I really like the way that sight is set up.

As far as the Westside path that is not an advertised path it's a golf path to SSr thats why it's dark .

But the path to OKW is somewhat lit but no different then any other resort at Disney .Any body can get on any Disney resort and jump out of a set of bushes at any of the other resorts as well.

isyt said:
Gee any gators on that there path????
You can put path gators as a request on your reservation, but as always, no guarantees....

Jennyvelaz said:
I disagree. my girlfriend and I were walking back after PI and it was very scary. Anyone could've jumped out from the bushes or parking lot. We complained about the security of it all and the CMs stated it would just increase our dues. I guess the price of safety is not included this time!

We use this path all the time, because my DS's love DQ we are normally on the westside late. The path is very well lit until after you cross the golf course bridge and there is a short stretch that is heavily foliated with those Palm leafs that overhang onto the path, between the bridge and the Pro Shop. There are still lights on that part of the path, but the leaves and trees block out the moonlight so it feels darker.

We have never felt unsafe, but I agree, I would not feel comfortable alone but That is pretty much any path at WDW or anywhere else.

The path from the West Side to SSR is fairly well lit, but once you get past the bridge crossing over the waterway and continue on to OKW, there is no lighting and it can get very dark. Plus later at night, when the path is actually closed, maintenance vehicles use it to travel to and from OKW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter