Walmart Grocery Delivery for campers

Agree with everyone above about Publix. We buy almost all of our food there when we've been in a cabin. Now we have an RV so I'm waiting to see how much I can store, or if I need to make a personal trip or order again. Prime Now gives you a choice of the amazon store or whole foods.

Have you shopped Publix before? They are way much more than a Kroger here - not in the same league at all - they're top notch in produce, and most other things. They are more pricey than Kroger though.

I have not because we don't have one local. I heard good things about Publix, but someone mentioned it being similar to Kroger. Looks like they are closer to our HEB according to this article, so now I am more inclined to try them instead of Walmart! https://progressivegrocer.com/wegmans-h-e-b-publix-tops-customer-experience

And if you drive to Publix, it won’t be as crowded as what Walmart would be.

And if you drive to Publix, it won’t be as crowded as what Walmart would be.
I had planned on just using either pickup or delivery.
I priced out the differences and we will stick with Walmart, and just have it delivered in the afternoon on check in day. It is only a $7 delivery fee and we won't have to leave the park :D Publix was going to cost almost $60 more for the same groceries and I can't justify that! We are hoping to arrive early, but we will be happy to get there by 12 haha. I am thinking of having delivery scheduled around 2 just to make sure we are able to "check in".

If Publix is closer to what an HEB is, I would rather Publix. Do they have online grocery? The kind where you can order online and pick it up at a scheduled time?

If Publix is closer to what an HEB is, I would rather Publix. Do they have online grocery? The kind where you can order online and pick it up at a scheduled time?
Publix does have online ordering, but it's through Instacart.

Publix does have online ordering, but it's through Instacart.

It is more expensive than HEB- more like a Randalls-at least, online it is.Screen Shot 2019-02-20 at 8.25.49 PM.png
Instacart prices are always going to be more and Walmart has the exact brands I was shopping for anyway and the price is the same online... but Publix actually says it is higher in store. If I was going to shop- I would go to Publix, but since I am having it delivered- Walmart all the way. However, we are also only getting breakfast stuff and sandwich/smores stuff because we will be eating dinner in park.

I DO like that Publix has a quicker delivery and you don't have to choose a time 24 hours in advance though.

We are in Georgia but I am from Texas. Before we moved to Georgia (we were in Virginia before), I heard people just rave about Publix. When we got here I didn't see the love. Now...I do like it! It is cleaner, less drama (like when you go to Walmart) and they have really good BOGO but other than that it is just ok. Anything that is not BOGO is so much more expensive. I don't find the fruits and veggies to be superior to the point of paying a lot more. Maybe it is because I am from Texas and I am use to HEB, large Krogers and home gardens!

Can't quite beat HEBs no matter where you go haha! Although, I would go to Sprouts in a heartbeat.

I know! I am from Arlington, TX but live in Georgia. My sister is in Colorado. When we are both home we hit HEB over and over for the week! I have yet to walk into a Sprouts. There is one not too far from us but once I drive that far, I would just go to Costco.

I homeschooled my 4 kids too....My last two are 18 now so I am done, sadly!

I just had to reply since I saw you are from TX, homeschool and like HEB! ha!

And...for anyone not used to Publix, it IS clean and fast but not cheap! I thought I would make sure that is out there.

I know! I am from Arlington, TX but live in Georgia. My sister is in Colorado. When we are both home we hit HEB over and over for the week! I have yet to walk into a Sprouts. There is one not too far from us but once I drive that far, I would just go to Costco.

I homeschooled my 4 kids too....My last two are 18 now so I am done, sadly!

I just had to reply since I saw you are from TX, homeschool and like HEB! ha!

And...for anyone not used to Publix, it IS clean and fast but not cheap! I thought I would make sure that is out there.

Did you homeschool two sets of twins?!

Sprouts can be cheap for some things but some others not really. I don't make the drive as much anymore because HEB has upped their game of organics so I get by. (1st world problems huh). I go there for supplements mostly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!